July 2012 Moms

A serious WTF moment

My coworker just informed me that her stepsons are 7 months apart in age and that her husband's ex-wife got pregnant with the second while she was still pregnant with the first. So, basically, once she gave birth, she was still pregnant. I'm thinking isn't it more likely one of them was early? How is that physically possible.

Re: A serious WTF moment

• I'm pretty sure that's not possible, but I'm no expert.  I would think since the uterus is closed with the baking baby, sperm can't get anywhere near an egg.  I would think #2 was just early.
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • I don't believe that for one freaking second.  The second kid was early. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JennMMJennMM
    Eighth Anniversary 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Your cervix closes so how could you get pregnant. It was way too early for that random comment.

• According to Grey's Anatomy this is possible. You have to have a uterus for each baby though.

If the older one was a girl I would assume they did the dirty while pregnant and the fetus got pregnant and carried the other baby [this is the kind of logic that hangs out on the first tri board].

• image jfresh:
    According to Grey's Anatomy this is possible. You have to have a uterus for each baby though.

If the older one was a girl I would assume they did the dirty while pregnant and the fetus got pregnant and carried the other baby [this is the kind of logic that hangs out on the first tri board].

I was just going to say this was a Greys Anatomy episode! Not sure how likely it is that it happens in real life though.

• image jfresh:
    According to Grey's Anatomy this is possible. You have to have a uterus for each baby though.

I just laughed out loud! Love GA!!

• Quoting jfresh.

Yeah as long as there are two uteruses. My cousin has two so it is possible.

imageimageimage
  • There are news stories about this kind of thing...extremely rare, but possible with two uteruses.

One of the stories is here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image bluemommy:

Quoting jfresh.

Oh yeah, hadn't thought of that.  Anybody I know of that's had that type of duplication has had the second removed.   

Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • JennMMJennMM
    Eighth Anniversary 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    image StokedWifey:
    image bluemommy:

Quoting jfresh.

Oh yeah, hadn't thought of that.  Anybody I know of that's had that type of duplication has had the second removed.   

Can't say I blame them. Talk about 2 under 2. How about 2 under 1. I never thought of the 2 uteruses thing. I can see that.

• Yup 2 uteruses. A girl I went to college with had this. She actually just had a baby. They pretty much told her no unprotected sex during pregnancy. Super rare though.

"They can never have yesterday"
  • Feel free to tell me I'm an idiot...but those of you that know about the two uterus thing, do they have two periods?

• image jfresh:
    Feel free to tell me I'm an idiot...but those of you that know about the two uterus thing, do they have two periods?

OMG, and I thought one period was torture.  Imagine having two!  

• image ThePinkSuperhero:

image jfresh:
    Feel free to tell me I'm an idiot...but those of you that know about the two uterus thing, do they have two periods?

OMG, and I thought one period was torture.  Imagine having two!  

Uh yeah! I can't imagine...either bleeding or ovulating all the time. Horrible. Unless they synced up, which would be cool but if you're already screwed by having two utes you know won't get lucky with same time cycles.

• I have heard (probably somewhere ridiculously unreliable) that you can get pregnant while pregnant in the first like 6 weeks, but that's rare and because your body hasn't quite caught on to not ovulate yet. So you would have 2 babies, 6 weeks apart. But they're born at the same time for safety sake or something, so they're kind of twins. 

BUT if you're a super whore you could have twins by different fathers... DUN DUN DUN!  

BFP 11-19-11, EDD 07-30-12, E was born 08-08-2012

BFP 11-13-12, EDD 07-25-13, C was born 07-26-2013