3rd Trimester
Options

video monitor recs

which video baby monitor do you have/recommend and why? there are so many out there!

Re: video monitor recs

• Options
    June 2010 - IVM
    July 2, 2010- BFP Beta July 5th - 931 Repeat beta July 7th - 2,779
    July 13, 2010- First ultrasound! Gestational sac found!
    July 16, 2010 - 2nd u/s due to bleeding. Twins found! Baby A is great! Praying for Baby B!
    July 23, 2010 - 3rd u/s. Saw Baby A's flicker of a heartbeat! Lost Baby B. :-(
    March 16, 2011 - Nathan James was born
    November 26, 2012 - surprise BFP! It's a girl!
    July 26, 2013 - Lilianna Jean was born

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Target is having a clearance on their motorola video monitors.  I got one for like $145.00 but that was after they also gave me a $30.00 gift card.  I think it's originally $240.00.  Not sure if they have any left but it's worth a try.  My sister has the same one and she loves it, and I've used her while babysitting and I think it suits the purpose just fine.  The screen is 3.5 inches I think and it's color and has a night mode.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The motorola seems to have the best reviews.
  • Options

imageHabs2Hart:
    The motorola seems to have the best reviews.
    This.

We bought a Motorola that has the longest range of any monitor that we saw since we have to have wifi extenders to reach the whole house and we want to be able to go out to the pool while keeping an eye on sleeping LO.  Range is what mattered most to us and Motorola fit the bill, plus it has a great screen and really good night vision.  We have the MBP 33 model. 

• Options
    we got the VTec, we liked the camera and the screen was not tiny.  That being said we got probably 4 different ones and tried them in the house, and returned the ones that did not work...
  • Options
    We have a Summer video monitor that we use currently for DD.  We have been happy with it.  We had planned to just add a second Summer camera to the system, but then realized we could get a Foscam camera (for around the same price, $70ish on Amazon) that would allow us to connect it to the iphone.  Since I have been wanting one that would connect that way, I think we will try out the Foscam and see how it goes.  It is technically a home-monitoring video monitor, but I have heard of many people using them as baby video monitor with great success.  And it's so much cheaper than the iBaby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I don't know a whole lot about the different video monitors but my husband has been doing a lot of research. This is the one that he wants to get. Hopefully it's a clicky. https://www.dropcam.com/features

This one also has a two way radio with it and we can check in on LO anywhere there is wifi. Sorry I'm not tech savy, I think that's the right way to say it, haha.

• Options

We have this Motorola monitor and I love it.

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • Options
    We had the summer sleek secure for 1. After 2.5 yrs it still works great, altough we ve gone through quite a few charges for the handheld unit. We were going to buy a second camera for 2 but decided to just get a new one. We got the Motorola with 2 cameras and love it so far as well. Screen image is great and I love the ability to switch between camera views. My only complaint is that it makes a loud static sound if the volume is up to high. We got ours new off eBay and paid 230 instead of the 299 retail.
  • Options
    After tons of research, we bought a Foscam from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006ZP8UOW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1374338669sr=81pi=AC_SX110_SY190

A quarter the price of a dedicated baby monitor. We use a free app on our phones and iPad, you can also view from any computer. The security of the feed was a big deal for me. I don't want anyone watching my baby without my knowledge or me breast feeding, etc. with this setup, I have 3 levels of security, so it makes me feel better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"