February 2013 Moms

***What went well this week?***

We seemed to have gotten a blessing from the sleep fairy the last couple of days....

Yesterday, DS took a rare 2 hour nap and then last night slept 7-7. I was shocked, and upon waking at 6 something and realizing I hadn't fed him at 5:30 like normal I got a little freaked out. :P I'm not expecting either of these sleep miracles to become the norm but I am hoping they will be!

Also, he's been such a personable little fellow lately and I find myself relaxing more into motherhood. I don't know - we've just hit a sweet spot or something.

What about you gals? Let's hear the positivity and even brags! 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

Re: ***What went well this week?***

• DS also took a 2.5 hour nap yesterday, which I posted about in my joy lol. I'm hoping this is the start of nap consolidation, but we will see. It was his second nap of the day that was the long one yesterday, and we're coming up on that one in about an hour, so we'll see what it brings!
  • I think it was on this board that people were talking about having their babies in bouncer seats, swings, etc vs. time spent laying on the floor playing. I realized that I don't let DD just play on the floor for most of her playtime. I figured she likes being upright, so probably likes her various seats more. But after reading how floor play helps them learn mobility (duh, I don't know why I hadn't thought about that!), I set up a bunch of big blankets in the living room and she's been playing on the floor a lot more and enjoying it. She rolls herself from one end of the living room to the other and it's so fun to watch her explore :) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."
    Lucy Kate 2/9/13
    m/c 12/30/11 - our Christmas baby
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had a very awake, very grumpy and very needy baby this week. So maybe what went well is that I have far more patience than anyone could have guessed me to have. I've always been compared to my late grandma who was strict, didn't have much patience and wanted to get things done in the shortest route possible.
    Not so much anymore now that I have my own baby.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Longer naps!!! Yay!

Someone else mentioned settling into motherhood, and I have to second that. I feel like I'm hitting my stride and I'm absolutely loving every minute of being a mom.

Also, it's been super easy to get him to sleep this week. Like 5 minutes of nursing and/or rocking, then down in the crib, and a nice long nap. :)

My baby is super happy and personable. Whenever I take him out (which is often, at least once a day) he always charms everyone by smiling, cooing, babbling, and just being generally adorable.

And lastly, this week I finally made a solution for my cloth wipes, so now I'm saving even more money! Whoot! 

• imageRachelM05:
    I think it was on this board that people were talking about having their babies in bouncer seats, swings, etc vs. time spent laying on the floor playing. I realized that I don't let DD just play on the floor for most of her playtime. I figured she likes being upright, so probably likes her various seats more. But after reading how floor play helps them learn mobility (duh, I don't know why I hadn't thought about that!), I set up a bunch of big blankets in the living room and she's been playing on the floor a lot more and enjoying it. She rolls herself from one end of the living room to the other and it's so fun to watch her explore :) 

*high five!*
    Floor time is excellent for babies :)

For me, I caught my baby's first laughs on video.. Actually, it was like a half hour ago. I am so excited about it, my face hurts from smiling :)
    (your babies probably started laughing a while ago, but Josie was born 2 months premature so she is working on her 3 month milestones instead of 5)

I uploaded it for anyone who wants to see, totally not trying to hijack post!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhSUwPD9b3k&feature=youtu.be

ETA: Also, yay for everyone else's awesome babies!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Our baby girl finally appears to have a consistent bed time of 8:15.  It has been so nice to know that my hubby and I have a few baby free hours each night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"