August 2012 Moms

Re: FFFC

• It's early, I'm awake,

My house is so messy I'm not even going to attempt cleaning it today. I'm coming down with a head cold, my washing machine bit the dust, MIL evicted all DHs boxesfullofhiscrap out of their storage room and into every effing room if my house. I have no clean bottles for when the babies wake up and I had to step over my daughter to make it to the bathroom.

AKA, my house is a war zone and IDGAFlyingF...

photo happy4th_zps32a39228.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image melmarie26:
    It's early, I'm awake,

My house is so messy I'm not even going to attempt cleaning it today. I'm coming down with a head cold, my washing machine bit the dust, MIL evicted all DHs boxesfullofhiscrap out of their storage room and into every effing room if my house. I have no clean bottles for when the babies wake up and I had to step over my daughter to make it to the bathroom.

AKA, my house is a war zone and IDGAFlyingF...

Why don't you send J & R over to me and I'll take them for the day. You need a break, girl!
    Isla 2
  • One of my coworkers told me that the entire office was mad at me yesterday, because of an email I sent out at my bosses request. I went to the bathroom and cried for a few minutes then sent out an apology email that was intended to make everyone feel like *** for getting their panties in a wad. It must have worked because a few people came and apologized. Serves them right for talking about me behind my back.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Whittyone12:
    One of my coworkers told me that the entire office was mad at me yesterday, because of an email I sent out at my bosses request. I went to the bathroom and cried for a few minutes then sent out an apology email that was intended to make everyone feel like *** for getting their panties in a wad. It must have worked because a few people came and apologized. Serves them right for talking about me behind my back.

That really stinks. I really hate confrontation, so any time there has been something happen at work I can keep it together at the time, but then have to go cry in my office afterwards. No fun! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image mlynne37wiu:
    Why don't you send J R over to me and I'll take them for the day. You need a break, girl!

Okay, deal. JR coming to your house for a play date ASAP! Are you within biking distance? Because I just found 8 more boxes of DHs crap loaded into my car. All the seats are folded up and he the babies nice car seats on the porch. I found a razor knife in the process and started having bad thought on how I could use it.

Wish you were closer, I would share my special dark chocolate espresso brownies with you!

• image Crossingfingers:

image Whittyone12:
    One of my coworkers told me that the entire office was mad at me yesterday, because of an email I sent out at my bosses request. I went to the bathroom and cried for a few minutes then sent out an apology email that was intended to make everyone feel like *** for getting their panties in a wad. It must have worked because a few people came and apologized. Serves them right for talking about me behind my back.

That really stinks. I really hate confrontation, so any time there has been something happen at work I can keep it together at the time, but then have to go cry in my office afterwards. No fun! 

The sad part is they are all grown women in their 40s. But they live to stir the pot like they are in high school. They have been trying to suck me into their drama for the last 2 weeks because our boss has been on bereavement leave, and she left me in charge of the breastfeeding division, and I'm the new kid in town.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Whittyone12:
    image Crossingfingers:

image Whittyone12:

The sad part is they are all grown women in their 40s. But they live to stir the pot like they are in high school. They have been trying to suck me into their drama for the last 2 weeks because our boss has been on bereavement leave, and she left me in charge of the breastfeeding division, and I'm the new kid in town.

Breastfeeding division? What do you do whittyone? I'm curious!
  • I'm totally addicted to dunkin donuts! I've gone at least 4 times in the last week and I am planning to stop again today.
    If I get fat again it's definitely my own fault.
  • Used to be I didn't know how to cook. When h and I were living together I made spaghetti. I put a ton of noodles halfway in the boiling water and then decided I didn't need that many noodles so I took some out and put them back in the box. Back in the pantry. Damp. Dark. Moist.

Do you see where this is going ?

Some time later I wanted to make spaghetti again and got out the noodles and they were crawling with MAGGOTS.

I died.

This was 9 years ago. I was 21. I am a marvelous cook now after lots of practice. But that image will never leave my mind.

• Mel, I'm coming over for those brownies.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• I just told someone to go fluck themselves for cutting me off in the McDonald's drive thru line. They heard me. Clearly I need a break from life.

Mel, are they weed brownies? Because if so, I'm in.

• image gollywollypog:
    Used to be I didn't know how to cook. When h and I were living together I made spaghetti. I put a ton of noodles halfway in the boiling water and then decided I didn't need that many noodles so I took some out and put them back in the box. Back in the pantry. Damp. Dark. Moist. Do you see where this is going ? Some time later I wanted to make spaghetti again and got out the noodles and they were crawling with MAGGOTS. I died. This was 9 years ago. I was 21. I am a marvelous cook now after lots of practice. But that image will never leave my mind.

I'm dying....!!! 

WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • I judge moms that look like a million bucks but their kids look homeless. Balance out the effort a bit.

I know we all have days with our kids and mine do NOT always look perfect but generally if that is the case I'm not looking all that fantastic either. I'm talking about moms that are perfectly blown out, manicured, pedicured, designer clothes...etc....and their kids are in stained tee shirts that are too small and pajama pant bottoms. 

WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • image melmarie26:
    image mlynne37wiu:
    Why don't you send J R over to me and I'll take them for the day. You need a break, girl!

Okay, deal. JR coming to your house for a play date ASAP! Are you within biking distance? Because I just found 8 more boxes of DHs crap loaded into my car. All the seats are folded up and he the babies nice car seats on the porch. I found a razor knife in the process and started having bad thought on how I could use it.

Wish you were closer, I would share my special dark chocolate espresso brownies with you!

Hold on.... Are you saying that MIL uninstalled the babies carseats from your car and left them on the porch?? Thats so not ok! That would annoy me more than the boxes everywhere...

I'm outraged on your behalf right now lol
  • I waited in line at McDs for an ice cream cone (56 cents!) for 15 minutes yesterday. I was >this< close to telling them to make me a new one when after all that waiting it was tiny and messy.

I wanted this:

It looked like this:

• image CLeigh03:

image gollywollypog:
    Used to be I didn't know how to cook. When h and I were living together I made spaghetti. I put a ton of noodles halfway in the boiling water and then decided I didn't need that many noodles so I took some out and put them back in the box. Back in the pantry. Damp. Dark. Moist. Do you see where this is going ? Some time later I wanted to make spaghetti again and got out the noodles and they were crawling with MAGGOTS. I died. This was 9 years ago. I was 21. I am a marvelous cook now after lots of practice. But that image will never leave my mind.

I'm dying....!!! 

Oh golly...shudder 

****siggy warning***

DH and me... both 34... Married since 6/11
    DX: Endometriosis, Anovulation, Down to one ovary and tube since 2/14
    TTC #1: Two rounds of Clomid = BFP 12/11 = Healthy beautiful baby boy born via c/s 8/21/12
    TTC #2 since 5/14... no luck yet, going the natural route for now

• Becc77Becc77
    500 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    I gave Kate a bath in her kiddie pool the other night. She was playing in it right before dinner and was all messy after, so I refreshed the water and brought out soap and a washcloth. Her pool is on our screened in sun porch, not visible to neighbors, and she loves it. I will most likely do it again.
  • image cedenton:

I waited in line at McDs for an ice cream cone (56 cents!) for 15 minutes yesterday. I was >this< close to telling them to make me a new one when after all that waiting it was tiny and messy.

I wanted this:

It looked like this:

Thats bs. I would have told them to remake it. 

****siggy warning***

DH and me... both 34... Married since 6/11
    DX: Endometriosis, Anovulation, Down to one ovary and tube since 2/14
    TTC #1: Two rounds of Clomid = BFP 12/11 = Healthy beautiful baby boy born via c/s 8/21/12
    TTC #2 since 5/14... no luck yet, going the natural route for now

• image kikimo327:
    image cedenton:

I waited in line at McDs for an ice cream cone (56 cents!) for 15 minutes yesterday. I was &gt;this&lt; close to telling them to make me a new one when after all that waiting it was tiny and messy.

I wanted this:

image&nbsp;

It looked like this:

image&nbsp;

Thats bs. I would have told them to remake it.&nbsp;

Is it bad that when I saw the first cone my mind immediately thought it resembles a phallic symbol?
  • image poppyseed1017:
    Mel, are they weed brownies? Because if so, I'm in.

[sigh] The only drawback with the DS1 staying on the straight and narrow is that there are no longer bags of dried oregano hidden all over the house.

Curse you for making me think something is missing in these delicious brownies.

C'mon Baker, I have tall glasses of WCM too.

• Oh and no pasquant, that wasn't my MIL, that was my husband. He did this last night.

Since we had a small road trip yesterday, the babies had a few McDonald's French fries in their seats. So of course, every ant in Georgia is all over their car seats.

He's dead meat.

• Mel, are you in Atlanta metro? What suburb?

• amaiteamaite
    500 Comments 100 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    image CLeigh03:
    I judge moms that look like a million bucks but their kids look homeless. Balance out the effort a bit.I know we all have days with our kids and mine do NOT always look perfect but generally if that is the case I'm not looking all that fantastic either. I'm talking about moms that are perfectly blown out, manicured, pedicured, designer clothes...etc....and their kids are in stained tee shirts that are too small and pajama pant bottoms.nbsp;

I'm sure I get judged for this all the time, although I don't look like a million bucks. Ds screams every time we try to put a bib on so we dont do bibs, which means he gets food all over his clothes all the time. It seems like a waste of time to concern myself about stain removal for every outfit he wears every time he wears it, so I just launder as usual, and if it comes out, great, if not, at least it's clean. The stains don't seem to bother him one bit.

I also dont distinguish between day wear and pajamas. He pretty much wears a onesie for everything, and open foot pants if not too hot. When we go jogging though, I put him in closed foot pants for extra sun protection since the canopy doesn't fully cover his feet and the bottom of his legs. Not too long ago, we went for a jog and since he was still awake at the end we stopped at the park so he could go in the swing. As we were leaving, a woman yelled to me from across the playground that it must be nice to just take my child out in his pajamas. I just said yes it is.
  • I guess my FFFC should be that I change Howell in the open at the pool. The locker room has these tiny narrow benches and there are huge lounge chairs around the pool. I lay a towel on one and do it quickly.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Sometimes I miss smoking pot.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Baker_Bride:
    I guess my FFFC should be that I change Howell in the open at the pool. The locker room has these tiny narrow benches and there are huge lounge chairs around the pool. I lay a towel on one and do it quickly.

I do this too and so do all the other moms at the pool we go to.  Not flameful.

On that same note:  Many days the pool is the bath for my kids.  Or the sprinkler. 

ETA- no soap, just water.

• I quit washing my face with soap a few months ago.  My skin is so much healthier and I have far fewer break outs.  I just splash water on and scrub with my hands and pat dry.

• image poppyseed1017:
    Mel, are you in Atlanta metro? What suburb?

Poppy, sister, we are FB friends still, no?

I think my city is listed on FB but, I'm not shy or too important to internet stalk.

We used to live halfway between Athens and Atlanta but, when DS1 started acting out, we moved the end of April.

We're in a small town now, population 1900, about 30 miles from Augusta, GA.

• image JayandEmm:
    Sometimes I miss smoking pot.

Seconded.

Isla 2
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards