Stay at Home Moms

FFFC

Make them count

Forever blessed through adoption! 7-17-11

Re: FFFC

• Even though we don't spank, I catch myself thinking "man that kid could use a spanking" when I see a child that's out of control. 

When my mom keeps Hadley she sends me pictures the entire time she has her, constantly. Pictures in the sandbox, playing outside, eating her dinner, jumping in the air..... mom, I don't want to see her the entire time she's gone, I'm using this time for a break.

Then when she brings her back she pulls out her tiny old school flip phone and insists I look through all the other pictures that she took but didn't have time to send... the pictures are about 1x1 inch and terrible quality but it hurts her feelings if I don't pretend to care. So annoying. 

• Our local news channel has the most unattractive anchors I've ever saw on the news. I'm really not one to judge a person by their looks, but there are a couple men on there, they could just use some work. The one guy's teeth are so odd that I can't help but look at them the whole time, it's like there is a gap between each tooth, bad receding hairline with a buzz cut etc. I am just surprised he's the main news guy.

• I think Pinterest brings out the worst in some people, for example: When you see pictures of extremely overweight people pinned and repinned with a funny comment... first off, who do you think you are taking pictures of people in public, people that are just minding their own business, putting it online for the sole purpose to belittle them, then hundreds repinning it, just making fun of someone. 

I judge less when I see someone that's "asking for attention", wearing something bizarre. But I saw a picture of a very overweight older woman that was apparently at Seaworld sitting on a bench beside of a statue of a whale (or some other big sea animal) with a nasty caption under it. You could tell the old lady was simply sitting down to rest, that's someone's grandma. Just makes me sad that people find humor in it at all. 

• I haven't slept more than 2 hours in a row since Sunday.  There are too many people living in my house.  It's too hot.  We don't have a/c in the main part of the house unless I leave my bedroom door open and that means I can't freaking sleep at all since everyone is up and around all day. 

Last night I tried to nap before work and DH and my brother woke me up yammering about something stupid and I was pissed.  DH came in after a few drinks and wanted to get laid and I was annoyed and told him to go away.  He ignored me and then attempted to entice me into sex. I was really not feeling it but complied (with zero effort on my part) because I want another baby.  He'd be upset if he knew that was the only reason I let him take my pants off.  I'm still annoyed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Lamest confession ever but I think of the FFC every time we're at the pool and I feel like a rebel... We don't so swim diapers. My babies are commando in the pool.
    I also really don't understand when people use them at the beach?
    holz

My little sidekick August 2010

Mr. Sunshine April 2012

• image holz:
    Lamest confession ever but I think of the FFC every time we're at the pool and I feel like a rebel... We don't so swim diapers. My babies are commando in the pool. I also really don't understand when people use them at the beach?

That is so gross. Do you realize that if your LO craps in the pool that it will ruin the day for EVERYone there? They have to get everyone out of the pool, clean it etc, I'd be so mad if someone ruined my day because they didn't want to put a diaper on their kid.

Hadley doesn't wear one in our pool most of the time, but if she poops in there it will only affect us. 

I hate the disposable swim diapers, but the ones that you can get for $10 at Target seem to be very comfortable but would keep the poop in. 

• image Hav=Fath:

image holz:
    Lamest confession ever but I think of the FFC every time we're at the pool and I feel like a rebel... We don't so swim diapers. My babies are commando in the pool.

That is so gross. Do you realize that if your LO craps in the pool that it will ruin the day for EVERYone there? They have to get everyone out of the pool, clean it etc, I'd be so mad if someone ruined my day because they didn't want to put a diaper on their kid.

Hadley doesn't wear one in our pool most of the time, but if she poops in there it will only affect us. 

I hate the disposable swim diapers, but the ones that you can get for $10 at Target seem to be very comfortable but would keep the poop in. 

That's the thing, neither of my kids have been like random poopers... DS1 maybe but we didn't have the pool so close before he was potty trained. When he was an infant we did put a cloth diaper cover on him. DS2 poops every 2 to 3 days and we know when it's coming, plus he needs total privacy and concentration. Whole different issue, but I have no worries about him having an accident.

holz

My little sidekick August 2010

Mr. Sunshine April 2012

• image holz:
    image Hav=Fath:

image holz:
    Lamest confession ever but I think of the FFC every time we're at the pool and I feel like a rebel... We don't so swim diapers. My babies are commando in the pool.

That's the thing, neither of my kids have been like random poopers... DS1 maybe but we didn't have the pool so close before he was potty trained. When he was an infant we did put a cloth diaper cover on him. DS2 poops every 2 to 3 days and we know when it's coming, plus he needs total privacy and concentration. Whole different issue, but I have no worries about him having an accident.

Great, that makes it even easier because you can get one swim diaper and it will never be dirty. I almost tattled to the lifeguards yesterday on a family whose baby was not in a swim diaper. I don't care how little you think your kid poops, that is just rude.

E 9.08, V 8.11, #3 coming April 2014
  • Tonight is my mom's bachelorette party and I really don't want to go. First it's in our hometown, in a bar that she used always to go when she lived there. Second, I have to hang out with her  future SILs, one of which in her forties and has blue hair. Third, my mom wants to pretend like she's a 23 year old who's getting married for the first time. I get you've never been married before but a passion party or something at the local vineyard would have been more appropriate. 
    Ella the Mermaid 06/13/12 Sea Monster 09/15/14
    apesig

• image LalaMama81:
    image holz:
    image Hav=Fath:

image holz:

Great, that makes it even easier because you can get one swim diaper and it will never be dirty. I almost tattled to the lifeguards yesterday on a family whose baby was not in a swim diaper. I don't care how little you think your kid poops, that is just rude.

Yeah, only takes one upset stomach that you didn't even know about for your kids to have diarrhea in the pool.

• image holz:
    Lamest confession ever but I think of the FFC every time we're at the pool and I feel like a rebel... We don't so swim diapers. My babies are commando in the pool. I also really don't understand when people use them at the beach?
    that is obnoxious and gross. No matter how well you know your kid it could happen. Why not use one? They are fairly cheap and easy to use. I would be pissed if they shut down a pool because a grown women can't follow a simple rule.
    Mom to Emma 9/4/06 and Jackson 11/24/08 M/C Dec 11 and M/C twins feb 2012. BFP Thanksgiving! EDD Aug 4, 2013 M/C at 5 weeks.
  • image holz:
    image Hav=Fath:

image holz:

You're one upset tummy away from having a lot of people very ticked off with you. Buy your kid a swim diaper, they have rules about it for a reason.

• KateMWKateMW
    25000 Comments 250 Answers Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its

I will say that I take a swim diapered baby into the big pool at the resort we stay in, even if that's against the rules. But they always have the swim diaper on. I don't get risking it by not putting one on at all.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image Mermaids&Magic:
    Tonight is my mom's bachelorette party and I really don't want to go. First it's in our hometown, in a bar that she used always to go when she lived there. Second, I have to hang out with her  future SILs, one of which in her forties and has blue hair. Third, my mom wants to pretend like she's a 23 year old who's getting married for the first time. I get you've never been married before but a passion party or something at the local vineyard would have been more appropriate. 

How old is your mom?

• image KateMW:

I will say that I take a swim diapered baby into the big pool at the resort we stay in, even if that's against the rules. But they always have the swim diaper on. I don't get risking it by not putting one on at all.

I do think that is a bit different even if it is against the rules. I think it's a dumb rule. We can't swim at my inlaw's community poll b/c swim diapered kids aren't allowed. 

• image Mrs.Hizzo:

image Mermaids&Magic:
    Tonight is my mom's bachelorette party and I really don't want to go. First it's in our hometown, in a bar that she used always to go when she lived there. Second, I have to hang out with her  future SILs, one of which in her forties and has blue hair. Third, my mom wants to pretend like she's a 23 year old who's getting married for the first time. I get you've never been married before but a passion party or something at the local vineyard would have been more appropriate. 

How old is your mom?

Ella the Mermaid 06/13/12 Sea Monster 09/15/14
    apesig

• image holz:

And this is why the local water park/pool freak me out.
    Mama to Sophie Virginia
    born 5/4/13 at 35 weeks 4 days

• Whenever I see someone doing something against the rules and would be easy to follow, I secretly hope something goes wrong so they learn their lesson. For example, I hope PPs kids both take gigantic dumps in the pool at the same time.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• image holz:

Do you have any idea just how EXPENSIVE this can be for the pool?  In many cases, depending on just how bad your kid's poop is, they will have to drain that water and refill the pool.

And all of those extra chemicals that they need to use to RESTART the fresh water?  

And in the end, who do you think pays for this?  THe other people who use the pool. If you were my friend and you did this, I would drop you in a heartbeat. 

Because your degree of selfishness in THIS case is sure to be/become evident in other parts of your life. 

• LouiejLouiej
    Eighth Anniversary 250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Love Its

image Andrewsgal:
    image holz:
    that is obnoxious and gross. No matter how well you know your kid it could happen. Why not use one? They are fairly cheap and easy to use. I would be pissed if they shut down a pool because a grown women can't follow a simple rule.

yes this.

I thought I was safe not swim diapering my pretty much potty trained three year old....cue me looking over at his red squinting face while he played in the wading pool, running at a breakneck pace, yanking him out of the pool, and him pooping on my bare feet.... That kid is wearing a swim diaper till he's nineteen for that.

• image LalaMama81:
    image KateMW:

I do think that is a bit different even if it is against the rules. I think it's a dumb rule. We can't swim at my inlaw's community poll b/c swim diapered kids aren't allowed. 

Sooo... are you saying that kids can't be in these pools until they're potty trained?   

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image sbevmc09:

Sooo... are you saying that kids can't be in these pools until they're potty trained?   

Yep. It's an over 55 place, so who knows how much it comes up. But it sure puts a damper on the grandkids visiting.

I think many cruise ships don't allow swim diapered kids...but I could be wrong.  

• NandaBNandaB
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    image Ilumine:

image holz:

Do you have any idea just how EXPENSIVE this can be for the pool?  In many cases, depending on just how bad your kid's poop is, they will have to drain that water and refill the pool.

And all of those extra chemicals that they need to use to RESTART the fresh water?  

And in the end, who do you think pays for this?  THe other people who use the pool. If you were my friend and you did this, I would drop you in a heartbeat. 

Because your degree of selfishness in THIS case is sure to be/become evident in other parts of your life. 

Lol. Ilumine doesn't want to be your friend.

Seriously though, that's gross and lazy. Put a damn swim diaper on your kid.

My confession: counting calories has been pretty easy [but it HAS only been 3 days] but I feel like it would be too easy to slip/give up if I wasn't accountable to you guys. I am shaming myself into being good. Lol

Poor second child. One day she will make it back into my siggy...
  • While I think a swim diaper should be worn if its the rules, if your lo has a case of diarrhea, the swim diaper won't hold it anyway.
    CJ :-)
  • I did not get my ears pierced until I was 23 years old.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• My confession, I ate cinnamon toast crunch and a diet coke for breakfast. Super healthy huh??
    CJ :-)
  • It really bothers me when people misuse were/was. "If I was president then I would pass this law." No, if you were president. "If I was 16 again..." No. Were. Were is hypothetical. I realize I sound like a crazy person. I'm not sure why it bothers me so much.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Niece and nephew's new nanny arrives today... I could not sleep last night I was so nervous. 
    Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • Actually no, scratch that, I was 25.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• image Minipenguin:
    It really bothers me when people misuse were/was. "If I was president then I would pass this law." No, if you were president. "If I was 16 again..." No. Were. Were is hypothetical. I realize I sound like a crazy person. I'm not sure why it bothers me so much.

I probably make this mistake often, I also sometimes am unsure whether I should use saw/seen, I always have to stop to think and have probably messed it up plenty.