Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Sleeping threw the night???

My son is almost 4 months old and is still waking up at 4am every night, we give him a bottle and he's back to sleep till 7:30. I'm a FTM , any tips on getting him to sleep threw the night?!?
He goes to bed at 8 pm every night.
DUE DATE ~ April 15 2013

Re: Sleeping threw the night???

• 8 hours straight IS      THROUGH    The night.  I'm at 5 mos and we still have nights like this. 

I may be a big ol B sometimes… but...
  • image Blake30:
    My son is almost 4 months old and is still waking up at 4am every night, we give him a bottle and he's back to sleep till 7:30. I'm a FTM , any tips on getting him to sleep threw the night?!? He goes to bed at 8 pm every night.

My 12 months old stills wakes up at 4/5 some nights.

Im telling ya- that is AWESOME 

• My daughter is 15wks old and has been sleeping through the night since 11-12 wks. She goes to bed around 7pm then when I go to bed around 10-11pm I give her a bottle, she doesn't even wake up she just drinks it lol and goes right back to be with out any fuss and sleeps til around 6-7am. I think that last bottle really helps. 
  • Nicb13Nicb13
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers Second Anniversary

Is this post for real?

You're expecting way too much from your young baby. A lot of babies don't STTN, and I mean 11-12 hours until one year or even longer. Be happy with one wake up.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • image Blake30:
    My son is almost 4 months old and is still waking up at 4am every night, we give him a bottle and he's back to sleep till 7:30. I'm a FTM , any tips on getting him to sleep threw the night?!?
    He goes to bed at 8 pm every night.

Sounds amazing to me. Count your blessings mama! Eventually he'll drop the MOTN feeding on his own I'm sure.

Me: 38, DH: 36, MC 9/07 at 12 weeks DS: 7/25/08 TTC#2 since 11/11 BFP 5/28/12!! DD 1/31/13

• Yup that's a good night :). A very few times our son has done 8-6 (but that's rare).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • MrsMuqMrsMuq
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer

7-8 hours IS through the night. You shouldn't expect your baby to sleep for 10-12 hours without waking? I mean, do you sleep 12 hours straight? I doubt it.

And 7-8 hours is still the rule for STTN as your LO gets older. My DS is 13mo and he goes to sleep at 8:30pm and still wakes at 5am every morning to nurse, and goes back to sleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"The strong look for more strength; the weak look for excuses."

Married July 2009, Furbaby adopted Sept. 2010, DS born June 2012

• Yeah my DS did that until around 4 months and then the wakefuls started.  Almost 2 months later we haven't gotten back to that yet, we are up 2-3 times a night again.  Enjoy it while it lasts!  I miss sleeping for more than 3 hours straight!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Blake30:
    My son is almost 4 months old and is still waking up at 4am every night, we give him a bottle and he's back to sleep till 7:30. I'm a FTM , any tips on getting him to sleep threw the night?!? He goes to bed at 8 pm every night.

This is really not that bad - he's sleeping 8+ hours. I wouldn't expect much more at this age! Some babies do and some just don't for a while longer.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• mle929mle929
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its

image Blake30:

Thank your lucky stars! You have a good sleeper!

• Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything that will or will not make him sleep straight through to 7:30. I know it may not feel like it, but that is considered STTN. My LO has slept 12 hours since 2.5 months. That's very unusual. I figured we would have MOTN feedings until at least 6 months, that seems to be more of the norm. Sounds like your baby is having a great night sleep! Hopefully he'll transition to 10-12 hours as time goes on. GL!
    dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP!

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! Beta #1: 1,020 / Beta #2: 2,248 / Ultrasound 4/21 EDD 12/2

BabyFetus Ticker
  • If you don't want him up at 4 am, you could try to move his bedtime back... But later you'll just be trying to move it up again. You could also try a dream feed right before you go to bed if it's several hours after you put LO down. 
    Amanda

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• My LO has been going to sleep by 8:30 and will wake up around 3:30 to feed, then back to sleep. For a few nights in a row last week she was sleeping through the night. Actually she would wake up a couple times but fell right back to sleep with a paci. However, she was going through a growth spurt, demanding more food during the day and sleeping more all throughout the day. Now she's returned to waking up once a night after about a 7 hour stretch of sleep, which I think is great! I have tried feeding her a little more during the day, and "topping her off" before she goes to bed, but she still wakes up. Have you tried giving him a little more to eat throughout the day? I know this works for some. But also realize that his current sleep routine is great!
  • KLL22KLL22
    100 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    I would kill for my once awesome sleeper to still sleep like this! Your child IS sleeping THROUGH  the night. 

• RN2011RN2011
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Love Its

At 4 months our daughter would wake up 1 time during the night usually around that same time.  Then one weekend she just slept through the night.  We thought it might be a fluke but she'll be 6 months next week and will only wake up when her paci falls out.  We put her to bed around 9-9:30 with a bath and a bottle.  If she wakes up  at night we put her paci back in and she continues to sleep till about 7.  We consider ourselves VERY lucky. 

Anniversary

• Wake LO up before you go to bed (10pm) and give them some more food. This is what I do and it helps them sleep even longer (because they are not waking up because they are hungry). Good luck!!
  • Not to repeat what others are saying, but you are very lucky to only have 1 feeding. My LO is 12 weeks today and he still feeds 3 times during the night. I can't wait for only 1 feeding a night.
  • 8 hours with one feeding is really good!  I guess you could try to switch up his schedule by waking him before you go to bed for a bottle, but waking a baby might backfire on you big time.  And not to beat a dead horse, but threw vs through...sigh. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • That's great. My daughter just turned 6 months on Sunday and has been getting up every 2 hours, every night! I think she's comfort feeding but you are lucky! :)