June 2013 Moms

BF number of feedings

I know it is ok to let LO go as long as she wants now at night. I know some people even let them go as long as they want during the day too.

My question is, are we all still supposed to be making sure they eat at least 8 times a day? My LO is def gaining enough, making enough wet and dirty dipes, etc. I'm just not sure if I need to be absolutely sure she's eating that many times a day still since she has (hopefully) dropped one of her MOTN feedings. 

image image

Re: BF number of feedings

• I don't even count the number of feedings anymore. She pees and poops all the time and is gaining weight like a champ. Of course, she also hasn't slept for more than 3 hr during the day so maybe if she was out for a super long time I may pay more attention but I bet your LO is fine.
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • I keep track of his feedings, but I don't think I need to. I think it's my "always gotta be organized" personality working in full force. My LO sleeps through the night and usually gets 8 to 12 feedings in a day. But some of the feedings are quick ones.

As long as you are getting enough wet and poopy diapers, I would say it doesn't matter.
  • Loading the player...
  • imaget loves r:
    I keep track of his feedings, but I don't think I need to. I think it's my "always gotta be organized" personality working in full force. My LO sleeps through the night and usually gets 8 to 12 feedings in a day. But some of the feedings are quick ones. As long as you are getting enough wet and poopy diapers, I would say it doesn't matter.

This. I keep track but only for my own need to organize. She eats 12x in 24 hrs usually, but sleeps 5-6 hrs overnight.

image image

• I keep track of feedings just so I can see what his pattern is. The past couple of days he's been eating 8 times in 24hrs. I let him go as long as he wants in between feedings. He usually doesn't go past 3hrs between feeds during the day.
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/10/13 M/C 6/12/12
    BFP#2 9/28/12 EDD 6/5/13 J.B. born 6/6/13

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"