TTC After a Loss

Drink 'til it's pink?

I have a question and am needing some opinions.  I don't generally drink a whole lot at a time, but these past few weeks we've been invited too quite a few bbq's, birthday parties, etc. where alcohol has been present.  I've had my fair share of drinks at each event, just trying to relax and enjoy the summer.  Anyhow, I'm now in the tww, but since I took a break from temping/charting I'm not sure what dpo I am.  If I had to guess, I would say somewhere around 6-8dpo today.  We have another birthday party to go to tomorrow night where alcohol will be present and we will be going to some beer gardens Saturday night to listen to some local bands.  I know my chances are super slim of this cycle being successful.  Also, I've gone through many tww's  not doing certain activities on the off chance that I might have a successful cycle and then regretting later knowing I missed out on some fun.  I don't want to put my life on hold, but also want to be careful.  So, what would you do?  Drink or no drinking this weekend (and when I say "drink" I mean more then just one or two)?

ETA:  I feel like such a newb asking this question. 

Also, I planning on testing before I do any kind of drinking, just to be safe.

BFP #1: 9/3/98, EDD 5/4/99, DS born 5/7/99
The best DS ever! Love him so much!

9/12/11: 2.5lb uterine fibroid removed 
 12/10/11: Married the love of my life. 
12/2011: Started TTC 
~~~Missing my 3 angels always~~~
1/2013: Fertility Treatments=BFN's
BFP #5: 8/25/13 , EDD 5/7/14
Scheduled C-section 5/2/14

It's a GIRL!

~~~All AL Welcome~~~

imageLilypie Pregnancy tickersimage

Re: Drink 'til it's pink?

• DRINK!
    BFP#1 1/31/11 ~ CK came on her due date, 10/10/11!
    BFP#2 11/20/12, EDD 7/30/13 ~ heard heartbeat at 6w2d ~ mmc discovered at 8w
    1st medicated cycle ~ 6/11/13 ~ Clomid ~ BFN
    2nd medicated cycle ~ 7/12/13 ~ Clomid and trigger shot ~ BFN
    SHG on 8/13/13 ~ uterus looked good!
    Diagnosed with DOR on 8/16/13 ~ AMH 0.27 ~ repeat AMH 0.19
    3rd medicated cycle ~ 8/9/13 ~ Femara and trigger shot ~ BFN
    4th medicated cycle ~ 9/4/13 ~ Bravelle, trigger shot, IUI ~ BFP! ~ EDD: 6/11/14 ~ heartbeat of 118 at 6w3d ~ mmc discovered at 9w1d
  • KMW08KMW08
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    I'm more of a social drinker so I really don't have good advice, my last drinks were back in April, so I obviously don't drink much. For me I'd just drink a few, maybe 4 or 5 tops. But if you're clumsy and are wearing heels where you might fall, I'd be a little more cautious. Jmo. I'm def a drink til it's pink type tho.

Married June 2008 ~ I'm 29 and DH 28 ~ TTC#1 Since 1/1/12

BFP#1 2/10/12 MC#1 3/03/12 natural @ 4-6wks

BFP#2 6/30/12 MC#2 8/07/12 blighted ovum @ 9wks d&c 8/9/12

BFP#3 5/09/13 MC#3 6/14/13 no hb @ 9wks d&c 6/19/13

BFP#4 3/18/14 - Please be a  rainbow !!!! EDD 11/29/14

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C

My Blog       &        My Chart

*~*~*Everybody is Welcome*~*~*

image  image image

• I would drink, but not more than a couple.  But I rarely drink more than a couple anyway, so I don't know if I'm the best person to ask.  
    April TTCAL Siggy Challenge: Funny Peeps

imageimage
    My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012.
    BFP #1 1/29/13, EDD 10/9/13.
    MMC discovered at 10 weeks (baby measured 9 weeks) D&C on 3/16/13.
    PGAL/PAL Welcome!
  • This is a very personal decision. We know that drinking during pregnancy is harmful, although we don't know exactly how much you have to drink to cause problems. There is a lot of "you don't share a blood supply with the baby until x weeks" that gets thrown around every time this topic comes up, but that is simply not true. From the moment the embryo implants, you are sharing your blood with it, and therefore all the stuff that's in your blood. This is the reason you need to take folic acid *before* getting pregnant. We had a lecture by a guy who studies addiction during pregnancy and he told us to recommend that our patients don't drink if they might be pregnant. 

That said, this is obviously a personal decision and it's difficult to alter your lifestyle for every 2WW, especially when TTC isn't that easy. There is no evidence that small amounts of alcohol are harmful, but it's just about how much risk you're willing to accept, you know? Most people will say drink till it's pink, and I am NOT saying you shouldn't, just telling you what I know :-) <3 

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + cytotec.
    Currently TTA until Fall 2013, waiting for operative hysteroscopy
    Blog   ​Chart

• QfrumpQfrump
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper

Ha!  My husband won't even let me sip his drink if I'm close to ovulation or in the 2ww.  We rarely drink anyway, though, so it's not too hard to avoid.  Have a great weekend!

TTC since 5/2012.  DX: PCOS
    BFP #1: 50mg Clomid + trigger.  EDD 11/7/13.  Measured behind, heart stopped at 9 weeks.  
                 2 doses cytotec, M/C 4/12/13.  Hcg <5 after 18.5 weeks.
    BFP #2: 2.5 mg Femara + trigger + progesterone.  EDD 7/11/14
    imageimageimage

• I would POAS and then drink if it was a BFN. Dont miss out on life waiting for life to happen.

BFP#1 11.9.10 (EDD 7.15.11) M/C 11.13.10 at 5W1D
    BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11 due to Pre-E
    BFP#3 10.2.12 (EDD 6.12.13) MMC 11.24.12 at 11.5w, had passed in 7th week

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) Please come home with us, LO!

Lilypie - (r090)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• I defintely was a drink till its pink-er. However, this last cycle (when I miscarried at 5 weeks), I had gone on a girls weekend the weekend prior to finding out I was pregnant. Needless to say, we DRANK. A Lot. (wasnt temping so didnt know for sure when I had O'd..I also took a test both mornings to be sure). Fast forward a week, I find out I'm pregnant, and fast forward another week, I miscarry. I know its silly to think that the drinking and the miscarriage had anything to do with the drinking, but my mind keeps going to that place. When your doctor says to you " sometimes your body just knows that something is "off" so it lets the pregnancy go", thats sticking with me. I cant help but wonder!!! So I thinkn I'm going to handle my 2WW's a little differently now based on all of that.

Anyway, its a very personal decision and your so right, you cant put your life on hold and not enjoy the NOW. Do what feels good and right to you.

Blessed with our beautiful girl May 30/2012 - BFP June 20th/2013 - Naturally MC June 30th/13.

BFP Aug 1/2013

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks so much for all your input!  I really appreciate it!

I don't want to sound like a heavy drinker or anything, haha.  The last time I had anything to drink before a few weeks ago was in January for New Years.  It only takes a few drinks before I start to feel tipsy and I rarely drink more then 6 (maybe 7) before I call it quits.  I don't plan on getting completely sh!tfaced or anything, just wanted to let loose a little and have some fun this weekend.  :)

image Mrs.E.07:

This is a very personal decision. We know that drinking during pregnancy is harmful, although we don't know exactly how much you have to drink to cause problems. There is a lot of "you don't share a blood supply with the baby until x weeks" that gets thrown around every time this topic comes up, but that is simply not true. From the moment the embryo implants, you are sharing your blood with it, and therefore all the stuff that's in your blood. This is the reason you need to take folic acid *before* getting pregnant. We had a lecture by a guy who studies addiction during pregnancy and he told us to recommend that our patients don't drink if they might be pregnant. 

That said, this is obviously a personal decision and it's difficult to alter your lifestyle for every 2WW, especially when TTC isn't that easy. There is no evidence that small amounts of alcohol are harmful, but it's just about how much risk you're willing to accept, you know? Most people will say drink till it's pink, and I am NOT saying you shouldn't, just telling you what I know :-) <3 

I really appreciate your input, Mrs. E. I have a hard enough time getting pg and staying that way and don't want to cause further issues and I know that this topic can be so controversial.  This is part of the reason I feel so torn. On the flip side, I don't want to give up a fun weekend on the slim, off-chance this cycle will be successful. KWIM? Maybe I will just stick to a few and call it good.

It's a GIRL!

~~~All AL Welcome~~~

• image Mrs.E.07:

This is a very personal decision. We know that drinking during pregnancy is harmful, although we don't know exactly how much you have to drink to cause problems. There is a lot of "you don't share a blood supply with the baby until x weeks" that gets thrown around every time this topic comes up, but that is simply not true. From the moment the embryo implants, you are sharing your blood with it, and therefore all the stuff that's in your blood. This is the reason you need to take folic acid *before* getting pregnant. We had a lecture by a guy who studies addiction during pregnancy and he told us to recommend that our patients don't drink if they might be pregnant. 

Thank you!!!! It absolutely drives me nuts when people put that down. 

Mattsgirl, I'm not a big drinker but I think a lot comes down to what you are personally comfortable with. While I'm not going to advocate putting your life on hold, you do have to look at how you would feel if you did end up with a BFP. 

TTCAL April Siggy Challenge: Funny Peeps!

Zachary Donald born 9/22/2012 at 20 weeks. You will forever be in our heart.
    imageimageimageimage
    A miracle is what seems impossible but happens anyways
    BFP#1 06/08/2012 EDD 02/07/2013, born 09/22/2012 PTL due to placental abruption
    BFP#2 12/21/2012 EDD 08/27/2013, CP@4w6d
    BFP#3 01/21/2013 EDD 10/02/2013, M/C 02/26/2013

my chart
    ***PgAL/PAL Always Welcome***

• image buggirl72:
    image Mrs.E.07:

Mattsgirl, I'm not a big drinker but I think a lot comes down to what you are personally comfortable with. While I'm not going to advocate putting your life on hold, you do have to look at how you would feel if you did end up with a BFP. 

This is my concern as well. With my first loss, I didn't even find out that I was pg until I was more then 5 weeks along.  We were only using OPK's at the time and not charting. I had bad cramps and thought AF was going to arrive, so I never tested until I realized I was more then a week late (stupid me didn't feel the need to chart at the time). Anyhow, the weekend before testing, DH and I went away with another couple and partied it up all weekend. I had no clue I was pg during that time and have always felt guilt for not being more careful and will always wonder if that weekend contributed to my first loss. I don't want that to happen again.

Ugh.  So much about this process sucks and I'm not sure what to do still.  I keep going back and forth about this weekend.  

It's a GIRL!

~~~All AL Welcome~~~

• image buggirl72:
    image Mrs.E.07:

I know, right?! I mean, where else would the embryo get its energy/nutrients from??

mattsgirl - I forgot to add that I personally don't drink (for other reasons), but If I did (and this TTCAL nonsense just might drive me to start drinking, lol), I would not drink during the 2WW. But I certainly am not saying you shouldn't. Just adding my 2 cents. 

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    Blog   ​Chart

• image Junebug060609:
    I would POAS and then drink if it was a BFN. Dont miss out on life waiting for life to happen.

this.  Someone posted on here once that it wouldn't matter until the baby was receiving nourishment from your placenta which would be after the BFP...I hope this was true because I took it to be...not that it has mattered for me yet.

have fun!

ETA: This is absolutely not true.  See Mrs. E's comments. Please disregard this one.

married my best friend 10/04/08, TTC since July 2012
    BFP#1 Thanksgiving 11/22/12, mo-mo twins(one sac), traditional EDD 7/27/13, EDD due to risk 6/15/13
    mmc Angel 2/7/13 @ 15w3d, mmc Aubrey 2/13/13 @ 16w2d, D&E 2/16/13

BFP#2 9/21/13, EDD 6/2/14. Grow, love bean, grow!

My Chart image image image The Fruit 

All AL always welcome in my threads!

• Pg mentioned- 

I drank every single day during my 2ww with Addison. I didn't really think much of it until after I got my positive. We had just started trying so I wasn't really careful.

I think you should do whatever you want. If you want to drink then go for it. I like your idea of testing before and then drinking. Like you said, you can't put your whole life on hold while waiting. I say drink until you get that BFP. I only side eye those who drink after. :)

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: On Screen Duo- Blair and Serena XOXO

imageimage

BFP 8/2/13 EDD 4/9/13 Our beautiful Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimage

Stalk Me
    ~All AL always welcome~

• I agree with what pp have said in general, it's your decision and I'm sure drinking in moderation is okay. Personally, I am not much of a drinker anyway (maaaaaybe 1-2 drinks a month) and since I'm both allergic to beer and a lightweight, I tend to limit any drinking to no more than 1-2 shots/mixed drinks/glasses of wine. That said, I do try to avoid alcohol during 2ww, but it's just personal preference more than anything scientific. It's not hard for me to do since I drink so rarely anyway.

All AL/3T/IF Welcome
    Ovulation Chart

Me 35 // DH 36
    IUD removed 3/12/2012
    BFP 6/24/2013 EDD 3/14/2014 --- CP confirmed 6/26/2013
    FINALLY to the RE 3/27/14
    Probable diagnosis of Hashimoto's thyroiditis, started 75mcg levothyroxine
    AMH: 1.18 ng/mL ~~~ FSH: 6.2 mIU/mL
    ~~~ E2: results pending
    SA done -- awaiting results
    4/23/14: HSG and AFC u/s

• image SandSunBliss:

image Junebug060609:
    I would POAS and then drink if it was a BFN. Dont miss out on life waiting for life to happen.

this.  Someone posted on here once that it wouldn't matter until the baby was receiving nourishment from your placenta which would be after the BFP...I hope this was true because I took it to be...not that it has mattered for me yet.

have fun!

Definitely not true...the placenta doesn't exist for I think the 1st tri?  I'm sure some more knowledgeable ladies can chime in, but I know your body has to make the placenta and it takes time...

April TTCAL Siggy Challenge: Funny Peeps

imageimage
    My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012.
    BFP #1 1/29/13, EDD 10/9/13.
    MMC discovered at 10 weeks (baby measured 9 weeks) D&C on 3/16/13.
    PGAL/PAL Welcome!
  • I drink til it's pink!

Started TTC #1 08/2010

BFP #1 12/14/2010 EDD 8/24/2011, D&C due to blighted ovum 01/27/2011

BFP #2 05/02/2011 EDD 1/10/2012, MC at 4W2D 05/04/2011

Diagnosed with homozygous C677T MTHFR - Lovenox shots while TTC

BFP #3 08/01/2011 EDD 04/07/2012, DD born 03/29/2012

Started TTC #2 12/2012 on Arixtra due to Lovenox/heparin allergy

BFP #1 03/19/2013 EDD 11/24/2013, MC at 5W 3/24/2013

June/July 2013 - Clomid 100 MG CD 5-9 + TI = BFN

July/August 2013 - Clomid 100 MG CD 5-9 + IUI = BFN

August/September 2013 - Femara 5 MG CD 3-7 + IUI = BFN

LMP 9/11 Unmedicated cycle - BFP 10/11, EDD 6/21/14

~ All AL Welcome ~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • chknmachknma
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper

I would probably have a few and enjoy myself but spread them out through the day/event.

either way have fun! sounds like a great weekend! 

little chkn born 06/30/11

baby chkn EDD 05/08

05/13 image 07/13

• image LaRomana09:
    image SandSunBliss:

image Junebug060609:

have fun!

Definitely not true...the placenta doesn't exist for I think the 1st tri?  I'm sure some more knowledgeable ladies can chime in, but I know your body has to make the placenta and it takes time...

Scroll up and read what Mrs.E wrote. You can trust what she is saying. 

imageimageimageimage

my chart

• image buggirl72:
    image LaRomana09:
    image SandSunBliss:

image Junebug060609:

have fun!

Got it. Sorry guys!  I missed that post - I was just repeating something someone posted last time.  After thinking through it, I realize that it really makes no sense.  I am so glad you cleared that up Mrs. E, because I really needed to know that and I hadn't really thought through it. So sorry I hit a pet peeve for both you and bug!!

married my best friend 10/04/08, TTC since July 2012
    BFP#1 Thanksgiving 11/22/12, mo-mo twins(one sac), traditional EDD 7/27/13, EDD due to risk 6/15/13
    mmc Angel 2/7/13 @ 15w3d, mmc Aubrey 2/13/13 @ 16w2d, D&E 2/16/13

BFP#2 9/21/13, EDD 6/2/14. Grow, love bean, grow!

My Chart image image image The Fruit 

All AL always welcome in my threads!

• Personally, I say enjoy the weekend and have a few just don't get completely $h*tfaced.  I also like the idea of taking a HPT before just to be sure. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14.  Grow baby, grow!

• image SandSunBliss:
    image buggirl72:
    image LaRomana09:
    image SandSunBliss:

image Junebug060609:

have fun!

Got it. Sorry guys!  I missed that post - I was just repeating something someone posted last time.  After thinking through it, I realize that it really makes no sense.  I am so glad you cleared that up Mrs. E, because I really needed to know that and I hadn't really thought through it. So sorry I hit a pet peeve for both you and bug!!

No worries! It's one of the reasons that I'm glad Mrs.E put what she did. I think, sometimes, people see someone post something, especially if they sound authoritative, and just run with it. The more people repeat, the more it must be true Smile

imageimageimageimage

my chart

• image SandSunBliss:
    image buggirl72:
    image LaRomana09:
    image SandSunBliss:

image Junebug060609:

have fun!

Haha that's ok, now you know! Like I said, people say that all the time, you're not the first and you won't be the last. I think it's one of those things that makes sense when you think about it, though. And it is true that the placenta takes some time to develop, but before that, you have the yolk sac, which is the precursor to the placenta. You can see that on an u/s before you can see the embryo. So you do share everything from the get-go, but the placenta develops a little later.  

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    Blog   ​Chart

• image LaRomana09:
    image SandSunBliss:

image Junebug060609:

this.&nbsp; Someone posted on here once that it wouldn't matter until the baby was receiving nourishment from your placenta which would be after the BFP...I hope this was true because I took it to be...not that it has mattered for me yet.

have fun!

Definitely not true...the placenta doesn't exist for I think the 1st tri? &nbsp;I'm sure some more knowledgeable ladies can chime in, but I know your body has to make the placenta and it takes time...

The placenta takes over near the end of first tri. However, there is a protoplacenta [dont know if that is the correct term] present long before that...I saw it with my loss at 5w. I am not advocating getting blitzed at 11dpo, but a couple beers with friends at 8dpo is within my comfort level. Maybe I've just gotten jaded by a half year of putting my life on hold...

BFP#1 11.9.10 (EDD 7.15.11) M/C 11.13.10 at 5W1D
    BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11 due to Pre-E
    BFP#3 10.2.12 (EDD 6.12.13) MMC 11.24.12 at 11.5w, had passed in 7th week

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) Please come home with us, LO!

Lilypie - (r090)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• I think most people will say to drink til it is pink, but I think it is more important to consider how you will feel if you DO get a BFP this cycle. Are you going to freak out and be kicking yourself and worrying about having had a drink in the 2ww wait? If so, I would say it is not worth it; if not, I say enjoy your drink.
    Me: 36 yo, TTC #1 since Feb. 2012
    BFP #1, 3/12, EDD 11/9/12, MMC 3/27/12, D&C 4/10/12

BFP #2: 11/16/12, EDD 7/25/13, MMC 12/5/12, D&C 12/6/12, Complete molar pregnancy confirmed 2/9/13, benched for 6 months until  August 2013

IUI #1, 8/16/13 Femara + Menopur, 3 mature follicles, BFN
    IUI #2 (back-to-back, 9/12/13 and 9/13/13) Femara + Menopur, four mature follicles, BFFN
    IUI #3, 10/8/13 Femara + Menopur, six mature follicles, BFN

BFP #3, 12/9/2013, while on treatment break, EDD: 8/22/2014  Please stick and grow, LO!

Additional Dx: hypothyroidism, TgAb positive & anti-TPO positive, POR/DOR (2/2013), and suspected endometriosis

******All AL always welcome******
  • If I think I'm close, I take a test in the morning with FMU, and if it's negative, I drink.  That's what I would do.

BFP 4.17.13   EDD 12.29.13  Miscarriage discovered at 8w3d

BFP 10.7.13  EDD 6.20.14

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimage

• After being IF for so long I say if it's not a treatment cycle live your life.  I don't drink during treatment cycles because there's a serious chance, but in natural "we're just TTC on our own"? To hell with it!  We only have a 5% chance on our own so why let it rule my life.  

But way back when I was just a TTC'er without the IF years of baggage I was still in the drink til it's pink group...but then I would limit my 2ww drinking to just one an hour since that's about how fast it can be metabolized.  Means if you're out for five hours you can still have more than "just one or two" drinks but you're not doing shots or anything.  Just having a laid back good time. 

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

imageimage image
    TTCAL April Siggy Challenge:  Peeps (and my love of Silence of the Lambs)

• image katib77:

After being IF for so long I say if it's not a treatment cycle live your life.  I don't drink during treatment cycles because there's a serious chance, but in natural "we're just TTC on our own"? To hell with it!  We only have a 5% chance on our own so why let it rule my life.  

But way back when I was just a TTC'er without the IF years of baggage I was still in the drink til it's pink group...but then I would limit my 2ww drinking to just one an hour since that's about how fast it can be metabolized.  Means if you're out for five hours you can still have more than "just one or two" drinks but you're not doing shots or anything.  Just having a laid back good time. 

I don't drink at all during treatment cycles either and in general, rarely drink a lot at one time. 

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it! :)

It's a GIRL!

~~~All AL Welcome~~~

• Thank you all for sharing your opinions and expertise.  I really appreciate it! :)  I'm not usually a big drinker, so this isn't usually an issue (only when we go away somewhere fun, get invited to a party of some sort, or for special events like weddings).  This weekend our small town is hosting what is called Heritage Days with a big carnival, beer gardens, bands, etc.  It's done once a year and since I didn't go last year (due to trying to cope with my 2nd loss that had just occurred), I'd really like to go this year.  In the grand scheme of things, it's really not a big deal if I don't drink.  I know how to have fun without alcohol too.  I've just been really struggling emotionally (especially with my 3rd angel's EDD right around the corner) and was hoping to just have fun this weekend without having to second guess everything.  

I'm not sure what I will do yet, but either way I plan on having fun whether it's with or without alcohol.  :) 

Also, my apologies if my responses got so long-winded and drawn out.  Thank you to anyone who took the time to read and respond. 

It's a GIRL!

~~~All AL Welcome~~~

• I haven't read through all of the other responses, but I know I'm probably in the minority. I am not a big drinker, since hitting 30 I don't feel great after having more than one drink anyway. I know that it's not a big deal and you're not sharing a blood supply until 6 weeks, etc... But I don't feel right drinking during the TWW and if you're asking the question you must be at least a little bit uncomfortable about it.

Now, I have an acquaintance who binge drank through most of her pregnancy because she didn't know she was pregnant (yes, really... ugh) She made a big deal that the child was fine at birth. Years later, her child has several learning disabilities which she is constantly attributing to *not* be because of her drinking. (Insert side-eye here.) Obviously the TWW is totally different than 1st, 2nd, and part of 3rd tri, but I digress!

Long story short... I don't drink because of my conscience. I don't want to have to look back and wonder should anything happen. However, I don't judge people who do, either! Just know that whatever you decide, will be fine. Hopefully you can enjoy yourself with or without alcohol!

TTC Circa 2010
    Natural BFP 2/13 - MC 3/13
    10/13: IF Testing Complete, DX: MFI & Low AMH
    10/13: 100mg Clomid & TI = BFN
    1/14: IVF w/ ICSI #1 = BFN
    4/14: IVF w/ ICSI #2 = Fail
     All AL and PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • RN536RN536
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    Drink drink drink and then drink some more. Trust me even if you were pregnant it would not matter. Once you know you stop. We all know stories of women who didnt know they were pregnant and got wasted and their babies were fine. Have fun. Enjoy the summer. Life is short
                     Image and video hosting by TinyPic image