Stay at Home Moms

Bathroom poll

Do you clean your bathroom every day? I'm talking about your flat iron, hair dryer, makeup etc. Or do you leave them out on the counter and just put it all up ever so often? 

Forever blessed through adoption! 7-17-11

Re: Bathroom poll

• My hair dryer, flat iron and brush are on the counter always, so much so that I don't even notice them and when I look around to make sure the bathroom is clean I don't even think about them being there. I don't wear makeup and have a large counter, so it makes it less of an issue I think.

• ta78ta78
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 25 Love Its
    My makeup is in a drawer under my mirror now, so I put it back in immediately. I let my flat iron cool and then put it away, it maybe stays out a few hours if I don't think about it. For the most part, I guess I clean it up right away.

Quinton  06.25.10
    Wren  01.13.11

photo qw_zpsd8c3bb1b.jpg

.blog.
  • Everything gets put away.  If it doesn't there is no counter space.

The exception is toothbrushes and paste.

Lilypie - (L4SA)
    Lilypie - (I4o1)
  • I put every thing away after use.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• CnAmomCnAmom
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    Any kind of clutter drives me bonkers so I just put things away as I go. But our bathrooms don't have a ton of counter space so I really have to make room for the next thing anyway.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers, Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • The hair dryer stays in the drawer (and frankly isn't used all that much.)  I don't have any of those other things.  We leave our toothbrushes and toothpaste on the counter in a cup.  My brush is in the drawer.  We each have a basket in the closet for random things also.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My hair dryer, flat iron and makeup are all under the bathroom sink.  I use them maybe 2-3 times a year so they stay put away.  My hairbrush is in the top drawer along with hair elastics.

• I don't use a flat iron, hair dryer or makeup unless it's a special occasion, so... no, I don't leave them on the counter for a month in between! :D

Owen (March 2007), Caleb (July 2009), Eliza (July 2011) and August (September 2013)

• We have about 5 inches on either side of the sink so no, I don't leave anything out.  I am constantly putting DHs ravor, shaving cream and mouth gaurd away though.  Apparently he sees no problem with leaving things out.  It drives me crazy.
    Hallelujah, it's a miracle, I have children AND a signature!
    image image

TTC since February 2009
    MC 6/28/2010 @ 7w 5d
    Dx low progesterone October 2010, IUI success and then a total surprise!
  • Great. Obviously I'm the only slob here. :o) 

• I used to be SO high maintained. I had curling irons, flat irons hair dryer every where,  Since bedrest and the twins I have done nothing.  I will shower during nap time really quickly and put on a little make up but that is about it. Our bathroom is very clean, - H is a clean freak
    Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • I clean it right away.  Otherwise, the kids will get into it.  My curling iron is super easy to turn on.  You just push a button, and what baby doesn't love to push buttons?  Make-up is a mess if the kids get into it.  Hairbrushes get thrown into the toilet, and then I cannot make myself use them again. 

This is just one example of why my house is actually much cleaner now than before I had kids :)

• Everything gets put away.  Even if I left out my flat iron just so it could cool down and forgot about it, H would put it away.  We both cannot stand clutter
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • image alli2672:

I clean it right away.  Otherwise, the kids will get into it.  My curling iron is super easy to turn on.  You just push a button, and what baby doesn't love to push buttons?  Make-up is a mess if the kids get into it.  Hairbrushes get thrown into the toilet, and then I cannot make myself use them again. 

This is just one example of why my house is actually much cleaner now than before I had kids :)

So if I put locks on the drawers instead of just shutting the doors to rooms I don't want to 'child proof' and then I might have a chance at having a clean house rather than crap sitting out behind doors? ;) 

Hallelujah, it's a miracle, I have children AND a signature!
    image image

TTC since February 2009
    MC 6/28/2010 @ 7w 5d
    Dx low progesterone October 2010, IUI success and then a total surprise!
  • I leave my flat iron out because I forget to put it away after it cools. Everything else is put away.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• image Emmakins87:
    I used to be SO high maintained. I had curling irons, flat irons hair dryer every where,  Since bedrest and the twins I have done nothing.  I will shower during nap time really quickly and put on a little make up but that is about it. Our bathroom is very clean, - H is a clean freak

I'm the opposite of high maintenance, but my hair is short and naturally curly so if I don't flat iron it with this humidity I have one ugly head of hair. It takes me 10 mins to dry & flat iron it.... and I don't wear makeup. If I wore makeup it'd probably be on the counter beside the flat iron, haha. 

• Everything is put away because we only have one bathroom and pretty much no counter space in that bathroom.  Hair dryer, brushes, etc. tucked into a drawer.  Makeup, hairspray, etc. in the cabinet.
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I leave it all out. 
    Ella the Mermaid 06/13/12 Sea Monster 09/15/14
    apesig

• image Hav=Fath:

image Emmakins87:
    I used to be SO high maintained. I had curling irons, flat irons hair dryer every where,  Since bedrest and the twins I have done nothing.  I will shower during nap time really quickly and put on a little make up but that is about it. Our bathroom is very clean, - H is a clean freak

I'm the opposite of high maintenance, but my hair is short and naturally curly so if I don't flat iron it with this humidity I have one ugly head of hair. It takes me 10 mins to dry & flat iron it.... and I don't wear makeup. If I wore makeup it'd probably be on the counter beside the flat iron, haha. 

BB - ( Before baby)  H and I would go to our for dinner or a party I would easily take 2 hours if I did it my self or get professional blow outs - I heart Drybar. 

Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • I am a bathroom slob, no joke.  It really is awful.  We don't have  a pedestal sink, but we don't have counter space either.  My hair dryer, flat iron, and various other things are always scattered around.  Thankfully DH and I are the only ones to see our bathroom.  My makeup is typically in the medicine cabinet.  Our bathroom storage situation is awful.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

11/2010- Diagnosed with PCOS
    BFP #1 10/10/2011 EDD 6/19/2012;Natural M/C 10/31/2011 @ 8wks
    BFP #2 5/10/2012 EDD 1/14/2013: Baby Girl born 1/12/2013
  • image Hav=Fath:
    Great. Obviously I'm the only slob here. :onbsp;

I am a slob when it comes to the car. It is disgusting right now because the light rain made the dirt obvious. I can feel people judging me too lol. I should wash it later when it cools down, but I probably won't.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• CnAmomCnAmom
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    image Hav=Fath:
    Great. Obviously I'm the only slob here. :o) 
    Don't feel too bad I have major issues with cleaning and clutter. Like right this second I can see an itty bitty smudge on the sliding door and it's all I can do not to get up and run for the Windex.

Issues, I tell you!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers, Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • This is great. I use none of that. Lazy wins again!
  • id012id012
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary

The only thing that stays out on my bathroom counter is soap. and sometimes a roll of TP if the other one is getting low.

• image dizzykates:
    image alli2672:

I clean it right away.  Otherwise, the kids will get into it.  My curling iron is super easy to turn on.  You just push a button, and what baby doesn't love to push buttons?  Make-up is a mess if the kids get into it.  Hairbrushes get thrown into the toilet, and then I cannot make myself use them again. 

So if I put locks on the drawers instead of just shutting the doors to rooms I don't want to 'child proof' and then I might have a chance at having a clean house rather than crap sitting out behind doors? ;) 

lol...yes.  

Or if you were kind of ADD and know would never be able to remember to close the door every time you left a room :)  

• I keep things in a basket and/or drawers because I don't have a huge vanity.  It keeps things neat even if I don't clean.  I've never cleaned the bathroom every day.
    Preemie Resources: http://preemiemomblog.blogspot.com/

DD1: BFP July 2010...HG in first tri, MC delivered vaginally at 18 weeks October 2010

DS: BFP December 2011...SCH at 5 weeks, SBR at 7 weeks, Placental Abruption at 13 weeks, Hospitalized at 25 weeks, pPROM at 28 weeks, PTL via CS at 31 weeks 

DD2: BFP January 2013...P17 shots, delivered via VBAC at 39 weeks
  • I put it all away everyday, partially because I can't stand clutter and partly because my kids would scatter stuff all over the house if it wasn't out of reach.

ETA I guess "everyday" isn't the right word because I dont use that stuff everyday. It's more like 2-3 times a week. 

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • The only thing that stays out is my toothbrush holder. Everything is put away immediately. I hate clutter.
    Mom to Big Sister (2008) , and boy/girl twins (2010) Life is busy!
  • image ameyer8009:
    I leave my flat iron out because I forget to put it away after it cools. Everything else is put away.

This

• image ameyer8009:
    I leave my flat iron out because I forget to put it away after it cools. Everything else is put away.

yup. Same here.  

"And though she be but little, she is fierce."
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers