June 2013 Moms

real talk: thongs

For mobile: real talk: thongs

I'm six weeks pp and still can't wear a thong. I stopped bleeding threeish weeks ago and my stitches have all absorbed. I feel healed with my granny panties on, but even a second in a thong feels like I'm 1 week pp! Anyone else? BTDT moms, is there hope for us? Will I ever lose the VPL?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: real talk: thongs

• My details are different but I'll second the no thongs and no bikinis either.  I had a RCS and even though my incision looks and feels great, the minute a lower cut pair of underwear gets on my body it irritates it and I can't stand it.  It absolutely has to be better within 4 weeks when I go back to work because VPLs I can't tolerate lol
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• i'm almost 8 weeks pp and my OB just did her exam at 7.5 wks (due to schedule conflict). She said even though my tears were closed I still had granulation tissue (healing tissue), which is tender. It doesn't hurt with normal every day stuff but I still can't wipe and when she did her cervical exam I almost jumped off the table... So it could just take a little longer to heal. She is having me go back in 4 weeks and said things should be better by then. Don't know if you might have a similar situation. It should get better with time though..

image image

• I'm 13 days pp (c-section) and was able to wear a thong again yesterday thanks to a tip from my OB.  She suggested putting a panty liner/pad along the front of my underwear to act as padding against the wound.  It really worked for me...of course I'll still be wearing the hospital mesh underwear and granny panties for a few more weeks when I'm at home, but when I go out for a walk or whatever, I'll switch into a thong to avoid the dreaded VPL and general discomfort of non-thong underwear.

• I really stopped caring about VPL long ago and rarely wear thongs anymore despite still having a ton in my top drawer.

::bikini undies all the way::

Big Sister ~ Little Brother

• I only wear Hanky Panky thongs. The are lace, one size fits all and do not cut into your skin at all. They are much more comfortable than regular thongs IMO. I have been wearing them for a while because my regular panties hurt my csection incision.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Maybe a silly question but VPL? 

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• image CTGirl30:
    I really stopped caring about VPL long ago and rarely wear thongs anymore despite still having a ton in my top drawer. ::bikini undies all the way::

This. Totally. It's a very rare occasion to see me in a thong. 

• image JinglesChic:
    Maybe a silly question but VPL? 

I'm wondering too!  I'm guess V_____ Panty Line?

• BC&LMBC&LM
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary
    image JinglesChic:
    Maybe a silly question but VPL?nbsp;

Visible panty line.
  • majwv8majwv8
    250 Answers 2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its

image JinglesChic:
    Maybe a silly question but VPL? 

visible panty line.  

imageimageimage
    *OMG*06.23.2013*
  • image JinglesChic:
    Maybe a silly question but VPL?nbsp;

This. Lol! I look at some of the acronyms and think wth and have a field day trying to figure them out!
  • jefkjefk
    250 Answers 250 Love Its 500 Comments Name Dropper

image CTGirl30:
    I really stopped caring about VPL long ago and rarely wear thongs anymore despite still having a ton in my top drawer. ::bikini undies all the way::

I had to take all the bikini undies out of my drawer and replace them with granny panties - the bikinis hit right at my c/s incision.  I also have a ton of thongs (second Hanky Panky brand, they're great) but at this point I'd be happy to just be out of the grannies and into the bikinis!! 

• I've been too afraid to try to wear a thong and that's all I wore before having the baby. TMI LOL I am only 2 weeks post partum and have stopped bleeding so I may wait a few more weeks based on these responses...

• clizhclizh
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper

I don't wear thongs to begin with because they are terribly uncomfortable. I don't like having dental floss up my butt and they increase your chances for UTIs and yeast infections. I stick to those little hipster/cheekster things.

It took me a good 2 months after M to really feel comfortable wearing anything beside my granny panties lol and I only had two very small tears. Comfort will come in time.

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• skioskio
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 250 Love Its
    Meh, VPL ain't so bad. I despise thongs. :]
    image Pregnancy Ticker