December 2013 Moms

What's the best way to...

So yesterday I went in to have a problem visit at the OB and I had an u/s. I was like PERFECT! gonna find out if it's a boy or girl a week early! Yeah, no little one was sideways with legs crunched up underneath kicking but was DEFINITELY hiding the goods. Instead all I got was prescriptions for bacteria and yeast infections. Anyways back to my original question...what's the best way to help little one be nice and wriggly for my A/S next Friday? I would be really sad if I couldnt tell two appts in a row! I drank a lot of cold water before this appt but other than kicking, she/he wasn't really that wiggly.
October PAL Siggy Challenge: Hilarious Pet Costumes- Chewbacca

Re: What's the best way to...

• I've read some posters say a glass of OJ 20 minutes before the appointment, or a caffeinated soda.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Try drinking something sweet before the next one, like orange juice. That seems to get them moving. So I hear.
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12  Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d on 5/11/12. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

image image image

October PAL siggy challenge: Funny Pet Costumes

• image BootsOrHearts:
    Try drinking something sweet before the next one, like orange juice. That seems to get them moving. So I hear.

Orange or Cranberry juice a half hour before. Bummer you didn't get to see yesterday.

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • OJ didnt really work for me, i drank a little bit of coke and my baby moved a lot!!! The doc told me that coke and sweets are the best thing to have before the u/s
  • OJ and a donut - always need a good excuse for a donut

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know my tech was happy BBQ was mellow and chill for his A/S, she didn't have to chase him around to get the shots she needed.

However, I've heard the something with sugar or caffeine will give them the boost you want.
    imageimage    
    imageimage
  • Orange juice 20-30 min. before your ultrasound

• I always have the opposite problem - getting the baby to stay still enough they can see and measure everything :-) My dopler sounds like: "lub, lub, lub, kick, lub, lub, lub, kick" Anyone knows what calms them down?
  • I had a cup of coffee 30 mins before, and she showed her parts several times.

ETA: They also had me start with a full bladder. The tech said LO will usually move right after the bladder emptys.

• So then is the baby supposed to be wiggly or stay still for the anatomy scan?  I'm confused.

• image AGriffin620:
    So then is the baby supposed to be wiggly or stay still for the anatomy scan? I'm confused.

My understanding was that they would prefer a "cooperative" baby. If they're moving around too much it would make it difficult to get the proper photos and measurments they need.

From my experience, I had go go back for Makayla's a/s because she was too active and couldn't get a clear shot of her heart and I was there for a looong time. Kirstin was active and I had to lay on my side and get up and walk to have her settle and move to a position to get shots they needed. With this one she was able to get everything she needed in no time and was able to get a clear shot of his penis.
    imageimage    
    imageimage
  • To clarify, I'm totally aware that when they are still they are easier to measure; however, I would like them to be somewhat wiggly so I can actually see them. This time all I really saw was a butt and a foot lol. At my u/s in the hospital a few weeks ago, it was basically an a/s b/c they had to measure EVERYTHING, and baby was jumping (I mean literal jumping) and she still got measurements of everything. 
    October PAL Siggy Challenge: Hilarious Pet Costumes- Chewbacca

• image MrsQueale:
    image AGriffin620:
    So then is the baby supposed to be wiggly or stay still for the anatomy scan? I'm confused.
    My understanding was that they would prefer a "cooperative" baby. If they're moving around too much it would make it difficult to get the proper photos and measurments they need. From my experience, I had go go back for Makayla's a/s because she was too active and couldn't get a clear shot of her heart and I was there for a looong time. Kirstin was active and I had to lay on my side and get up and walk to have her settle and move to a position to get shots they needed. With this one she was able to get everything she needed in no time and was able to get a clear shot of his penis.

Oh okay, thank you!  So basically you have to find the happy medium!  

• image sunshine6888:
    To clarify, I'm totally aware that when they are still they are easier to measure; however, I would like them to be somewhat wiggly so I can actually see them. This time all I really saw was a butt and a foot lol. At my u/s in the hospital a few weeks ago, it was basically an a/s b/c they had to measure EVERYTHING, and baby was jumping (I mean literal jumping) and she still got measurements of everything. 

Well I really hope baby moves just the right amount for you at your anatomy scan.  I'm nervous about mine in a few weeks, too.  Smile