Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Doc said it was over, but doesn't seem like it!

I had a blighted ovum measuring only 4mm at my 7 week appt. A few days later I began to miscarry, and it all came to a head in Tuesday. Awful cramps and diarrhea, but mostly I just passed blood and some small clots.
I went to an OB on Wednesday a new guy, as I had been a midwife patient and he checked my cervix and it was closed. He did an ultrasound and said that he didn't see any tissue and that my uterine wall was only 5mm. He said the worst should be over even if I didn't see any tissue come out, it was probably because the sac was so small. All day in Wednesday I was feeling better.
Of course last night and this morning I've had bad cramps and I'm now bleeding fairly heavily and passing clots bigger than before. Was he wrong? Or is this par for the course?

Re: Doc said it was over, but doesn't seem like it!

• Options
    I have no experience, but in your shoes I would definitely call my doctor. I hope everything's ok

BFP#2:  EDD 2/11/14, MMC confirmed 7/15/13 (growth stopped at 6 weeks), D&C @ 12 weeks 7/25/13

• Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through this. Last Thursday I went to the doctor for bleeding and they confirmed I had miscarried. The doctor never referred to it as a blighted ovum but after researching it myself based on what the doctor and ultrasound tech said I'm sure that's why I had. My bleeding has pretty much stopped except for spotting here and there. The cramping was the worst the first few days and then stopped, but then it came back and had some moderate cramping for a bit longer. I'm still having occasional cramps. My doctor said the bleeding might last as much as two weeks.

How long total have you been bleeding and how heavy is it? You shouldn't soak through a pad more frequently than every hour.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd call if I were you. Good luck, I hope you're ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"