LGBT Parenting

Thankful Thursday!

We haven't done a "thankful thursday" in a while.

What are you thankful for today?

****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Thankful Thursday!

• KH826KH826 member

I am thankful for a post-thaw and wash count of 47 million sperm at 48% motility for IUI#5, which I just had this morning.

I am thankful for a quick procedure, and a doctor who listened to me and went right to the memory catheter instead of struggling with another kind first.

I am thankful for a RE's office that is right next door to my work, and I am thankful for having a flexible job and boss where I can come and go as needed.

I am most thankful for my wife, who is a wonderful support, and who loves me through everything. Having her hold my hand through every IUI, remind me to breathe, tell me she loves me and the 47 million sperm (she said if she talked to them and told them that she loved them, then maybe one would want to stick around forever)...

I have a lot to be thankful for today. I am feeling hopeful.

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • I am thankful for many things.

Today I'm thankful for sore boobs - means my period will be here in a week or two and then I can schedule my first IUI!

I'm of course thankful for DP who is lots of fun, super supportive, and is probably the best person on the planet (I suppose everyone thinks that of their partner, or at least they ought to).

I'm thankful for my job - for many, many reasons.  I love what I do, I love where I work, and I love my students... kind of missing them, actually, and looking forward to having them back next month.

I'm thankful for my family for being so supportive of my pregnancy plans.  It took a long time to explain to them what we're doing.  My mom thinks I'm having IVF done and that's what she keeps telling her friends.  I've stopped correcting her.

And finally, I'm thankful for the extra-fun week I have ahead of me with my best friend's wedding, another close friend's 30th birthday, a Justin Timberlake concert, and a visit to Wisconsin coming up :)

• Loading the player...
  • I am thankful for friends this week. Not only have they come when I really needed them, but they have worked so hard to put on a shower for me this week. Which means a lot since most I my family aren't involved.

I am also extraordinarily thankful for my dogs. I picked up a visitor for the shower that is staying at our house this week and I closed the garage door but forgot to close the gate. After a brief intro to the new visitor I let all 3 dogs outside and gave a tour of the house. All three had escaped! I immediately began running around like crazy trying to find them. We are very attached to the dogs. I found one pretty quickly, the little one in about 10 minutes, but our sweetest, most amazing dog was still missing. I was beside myself. Long story short she had made it to a main road, someone picked her up, had to go to a meeting and then went to the vet to look for a chip, which she didn't have but will have on Saturday! She then posted a small sign on the entrance of our neighborhood. I drove around with a food bowl and yelling her name for hours. In any case we found the post and went to pick her up. I'm so glad to have her and I'm so glad that despite my stress I didn't put myself into labor.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • songbird.. I am so glad you found your pups.  We have three dogs also and I would be a mess if they got out.  

Mine is more practical and less on the sweet side this week.    

Today I am thankful for sleep.... after days of little sleep or very interrupted sleep, I finally slept in.  WooHoo, I am like a whole new woman today.  

Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • I'm thankful that I got notified yesterday that my application has been approved and I will get permanent residency in Canada! I just have to submit two more documents that I already have.

I'm thankful that M is surviving this super stressful week at work; even if she is emotionally and physically drained, at least she's hanging in there.

I'm thankful that today I'm enjoying writing my dissertation.

I'm that in 45 minutes I get to hang out with our friend and her two kids (2.5 years and 4 months). I'm babysitting two late afternoon/evenings a week for them for the rest of the summer.

I'm thank for our window air conditioners which keep me cool enough if I stay close enough to them.

****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I'm thankful for this board and that we can be each other's cheerleaders through all of this!

I'm thankful for my wife, who stepped in when I was having trouble TTC and who I've now decided is incredibly awesome for wanting to be so involved with this pregnancy. We have our first prenatal yoga class tonight and she is doing the series with me. 

I'm thankful for my awesome midwives who put me at ease about all the changes happening and all that is to come.

I'm thankful that the sun finally came out. I'm very happy and feeling blessed today! 

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Today I am thankful for V. She has been wonderful through the first few weeks. I am also thankful for modern medicine! As much as I wanted to go the all natural route, and never imagined I'd be part of the 6% of mothers at our birth centre that get transferred to a hospital for a c-section, I know that we likely wouldn't have our little guy without that c-section. I am also grateful that it looks like our insurance is so far covering a lot of the out of network expense for the hospital I was transferred to. I was nervous that we'd have to pay the full $40,000 ourselves.
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Obvious answer, but feeling very grateful to have had a smooth pregnancy and be carrying a healthy little boy.  Some of the preparation is a bit overwhelming at times, but he is totally worth it.

Also, feeling thankful for my friend who helped me out in a pinch today to notarize some forms we need to send to our attorneys tomorrow for our name change (going to court next week!). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"