January 2013 Moms

Tattoos

Has anyone gotten a tattoo with something of their LO since they were born? I really want to get something but I can't decide. 

Re: Tattoos

• i am dying to get one of the roman numerals of her birth date....and maybe with her name in all lower case by it too..small just lines, nothing fancy

i already have 2 other tattoos, and dh is not a fan of them, but i had them before we met, and i promised him i wouldn't get anymore....but i'm trying to work on him to let me get this....it'll be small, and either on the inside of my left wrist (where i wear my watch) or on my foot somewhere....or maybe on my shoulder blade, but probably not there...

• image teds1chic:
    Has anyone gotten a tattoo with something of their LO since they were born? I really want to get something but I can't decide. 

I currently have 7 tattoos, none of which are dedicated to LO - I'm thinking of waiting until he's older to get something that has special meaning for him.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I would like too, but I haven't really sat down and thought about what I want. DH wants something too...he has 8 tattoos, I only have 2. All of our tattoos are really meaningful so we tend to think about it for a long time before we commit. We are lucky in that two of DH's really good friends each own their own shop...so we get great quality work for a little bit of a discount...the friend discount. Still are not cheap...but it's nice to save a little bit.

For our wedding we each got a diamond on the inside of a horseshoe for good luck. It's beautiful. We are very much anti-name people...it's kind of our rule to not get tattooed with eachother's names....and MH isn't even sure that he wants to get our son's name tattooed on him either.   

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

Anniversary

• I haven't but have thinking about getting a cluster of three stars, two for my boys and one with a halo for my angel baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image financialdiva:
    I haven't but have thinking about getting a cluster of three stars, two for my boys and one with a halo for my angel baby.

I love this! 

• my mom read us the book "I Love You Forever" every night to us as kids. i will be getting "I love you forever" my sister will be getting "I like you for always" my mom is getting " as long as im living, my baby you'll be". though its mainly for my sister mom and i, in my mind its for my children too. especially since i can't read Bentley the book without crying and not being able to finish. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I want R's name on me but haven't figured out placement and DH doesn't love tattoos so mainly I have to work on convincing him. ... He has none and I have 4 he doesn't like. They're nothing bad he just isn't fond of them.
  • I have a red rose with stem on my calf that is "for" H. I want to add small rosebuds for our boys. Haven't done it yet since I wanted to know we were done with kids before doing it. Maybe their initials by each bud, but nothing decided yet.
  • I have been thinking about it, but I can't decide what to get either. DS name is Bodhi, so I was thinking of getting a leaf from the Bodhi Tree (a sacred fig tree that Siddhartha meditated under until he achieved enlightenment) on my side. It fits since my DS has really given my life enlightenment, but I feel like I need to be comfortable in my post-pregnancy body before I get another tattoo. I kind of like the roman numeral idea though!!
  • I'm too much of a chicken to get a tatoo and, honestly is not that I love them, However, DH has DS's name tattoed with cursive letters and some decorative lines on his left arm (pretty much from the elbow to the wrist, on the inside) and DD's on the right, they're big but delicate, I like them

My sister got her DD's name with an infinite simbol with a heart floating in it on the inside of her wrist 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • ==N====N==
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary

I have one for my ds, its an ambigram that says his name and when you look at it upside down it says Amor (love in Portuguese).

For dd, I think I'll wait until she's older and maybe have her just draw a little star or something that I can get copied on to me.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm going to get one when we're back in the States. I want to go to a shop in New York to get it done. 

http://thegraphicsfairy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Vintage-Botanical-Print-Orange-GraphicsFairysm.jpg

That is sort of my inspiration but I want it to be a little simpler. Just a few leaves and a clementine without the flowers because DD's MN is Clementine.

I'm going to do it to the left of my spine on my back about 6-8 inches tall. 

• image Kyleedawn08:
    my mom read us the book "I Love You Forever" every night to us as kids. i will be getting "I love you forever" my sister will be getting "I like you for always" my mom is getting " as long as im living, my baby you'll be". though its mainly for my sister mom and i, in my mind its for my children too. especially since i can't read Bentley the book without crying and not being able to finish. 

That is great! 

• image carteramariec:
    I have been thinking about it, but I can't decide what to get either. DS name is Bodhi, so I was thinking of getting a leaf from the Bodhi Tree (a sacred fig tree that Siddhartha meditated under until he achieved enlightenment) on my side. It fits since my DS has really given my life enlightenment, but I feel like I need to be comfortable in my post-pregnancy body before I get another tattoo. I kind of like the roman numeral idea though!!

The bodhi tree and the leaves are soooooo beautiful. That would make an awesome tattoo.   

• I can't decide what I want either! I want Roman numerals for her birthday and probably a lady bug because we call her Lacee bug. my H ha her name tattooed on the side of his hand.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage image
  • I did, here is a photo of it.  It is on my ribcage below my bra.

• I have one already "for her" actually more of a mother hood tattoo for me. On my foot it's 2 monkeys a mommy and little girl that I actually got off one her sleep n' play outfits. The one that will actually be for  her is a clown doll. Not dure if you know the show 'the big comfy couch' but the dolls in its name was molly and thats kind of where I picked her name.
    imageimageimage