May 2013 Moms

Crib Transition and MOTN Feeding

Crib Transition and MOTN Feeding
We transitioned our LO to the crib in her nursery last night for the first time, at exactly 8 weeks. She slept in a bassinet in our room prior to that. Anyway, I ended up having to get up twice, instead of once as I have been for weeks now, to feed her. Tonight it seems she is following that same routine as she awoke me at 1:25a to eat which means she'll be up again in a few hours.
Prior to the transition she would sleep until about 3 to 4am and then go down again until about 7 or so. There is no change in her last feed which has been around 10pm.
Has anyone else had this happen to them? If so, how long did it last and did you do anything to make that happen or did it happen on its own?

Edit: Please tell me it gets better. She woke up so often last night, way more than the night before. Wasnt hungry, she just wanted to be rocked back to sleep. Unfortunately, that meant little sleep for me last night.

Re: Crib Transition and MOTN Feeding

• This is what I worry about happening, she is STTN and I worry moving her to
    Her own room will ruin that. I am interested in seeing what others have to say.

• sct728sct728
    250 Love Its 500 Comments Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    My LO was 8 wks on Tues and had a similar pattern. She woke much earlier the last 2 nights. Tonight though she slept until almost 3. Nothing has changed that I know of either. I hope the long stretch sticks around this time.
    LO #1 Born May 21, 2013
    LO #2 Due April 27, 2015

• This happened to us as well this week. He is not taking to the crib and even now back in his RNP he wakes up after 4 hrs and can't get back to sleep. He was going to bed at 9 and STTN till 6. Now he goes down by 10 or 10 30 and is up at 3 then wont sleep again easily and then he does sleep but only for 2 more hours.
    He is now napping throughout the day to make up for it because he naps on me not in his crib.
    Today I'm putting him in the crib for all sleep.
    image imageimage

• Our guy sleeps in his RNP sleeper in his room and though he still hasn't really learned to sleep through the night, he doesn't sleep worst for being in his room.  He's even leaning to fall asleep on his own.

One thing I think might help and this advice came from somewhere else on this forum, is that I take whatever night shirt I was wearing and put it under his head in the RNP.  I think the smell helps him settle in there and feel more secure.  So maybe sleep with something, her hat or blanket or something and put it around her when you put her down and see if that helps.  Also maybe spend more time with her in her nursery during the day so it feels more like the Place She Sleeps rather than a cold room not near you.

• image lizardlee:
    Our guy sleeps in his RNP sleeper in his room and though he still hasn't really learned to sleep through the night, he doesn't sleep worst for being in his room.nbsp; He's even leaning to fall asleep on his own.nbsp;One thing I think might help and this advice came from somewhere else on this forum, is that I take whatever night shirt I was wearing and put it under his head in the RNP.nbsp; I think the smell helps him settle in there and feel more secure.nbsp; So maybe sleep with something, her hat or blanket or something and put it around her when you put her down and see if that helps.nbsp; Also maybe spend more time with her in her nursery during the day so it feels more like the Place She Sleeps rather than a cold room not near you.

Great advice, thank you!

• KashyKashy
    Ninth Anniversary 250 Answers 500 Love Its 500 Comments

LO has been in his own crib for about 4 weeks now and the first week he woke up 2-3 times.  But after that he has been up only once every night.  

Also I should add that when he was sleeping in our room he was up 2-3 times a night as well.  So I think he has just adjusted to only need to eat one time at night...

Augustus David - Born 5/08/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

my read shelf:
    April's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)