August 2011 Moms

Uh, is anyone else's LO a pansy about the summer heat?

Idk what other word to use. When we get in the hot car dd starts asking for the air to be on. If I have the windows down, she also asks for the ac. We were outside for a bit tonight and she just stood at the door saying,"air mama, want inside. Air."

Re: Uh, is anyone else's LO a pansy about the summer heat?

• I can't see the end of your post title, but I can tell you this: my kids are completely unphased by the crazy heat. They ask me to go play outside when it's 110 degrees, and when I tell them it's too hot, they look at me like I have 3 heads.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Nah he could careless. It's nice to because we don't run the AC in the car or house constantly.

If anything she has just come a custom to it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Team Pansy!

He won't leave his room in the morning until the a/c is on.  Then he goes in my room and turns on mine.  He asks to go outside and then stands on the deck for 30 second before yelling "Bleh!  Hot!" and going back in.

He has spent the entire last week saying "Hot!" or "Not hot!" about every room we walk into.  And every piece of food I give him.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nope, she doesn't even seem to notice it. We don't have central air, but we have window units. She'll drink more water but doesn't try to come inside or anything.

imageimage
    E 9.08, V 8.11, J 4.14
  • MMS88MMS88
    250 Answers 500 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Love Its
    The heat doesn't bother DS he would stay outside all day. Screw that noise Mamas butt is staying in the ac pregnant or not I don't handle the heat well.
    Over a year of trying and 3 cycles of Clomid DS#1 arrived
    DC #2 on its way!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Nope, she isn't bothered by it, at least, not as much as I am. She's been really bummed about not being able to play outside much because we've had so much rain.

image photo wereallmad_zps579d81c0.jpg
      Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
  • DD is not a fan. She'll tell me it's "too hot" and she hates the sun in her eyes too so I get told "It's bite out, where my glakes?" so we have to have her shades on hand at all times. 

She will hang out for a little but then she's sweating and it's back inside we go. 

• I don't now where she gets her little attitude from, but she's downright bossy about it most of the time. You know how it is, you walk outside, put the kid in, start the car, turn the air on. Well, I can't even get one arm through the car seat strap before she's demanding the air to be turned on. I'm the one standing there starting to sweat. The last few mornings I have seen the sweat start on my hairline before I'm done getting her into the car.

• image Monsieur_et_Madame_Ha:
    I can't see the end of your post title, but I can tell you this: my kids are completely unphased by the crazy heat. They ask me to go play outside when it's 110 degrees, and when I tell them it's too hot, they look at me like I have 3 heads.

Uh, is anyone else's LO a pansy about the summer heat?

Sorry, I'm not as considerate as you are for mobile bumpers! Wink

• MMS88MMS88
    250 Answers 500 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Love Its
    I'm always mobile these days who has time to actually sit at a computer unless its your job. LOL
    Over a year of trying and 3 cycles of Clomid DS#1 arrived
    DC #2 on its way!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • OMG yes.  She begs to go outside and then she just wilts.  We start out for a walk, and she gets about 3-4 houses away before she wants to be carried.  And she whines inconsolably when I put her in the hot car seat. 

DH took her out for a while the other day, and when they came home she was saying, "Bleh bleeehhhh bleeh!"  I had no idea what was so yucky until DH told me that is how she refers to the heat.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • The heat doesn't bother DD at all. Although she doesn't say much, so an uncomfortable temp could be why she's whiney.
  • Thank goodness, no.  It's too damn hot for too damn long (day and night and seasonally) for either of them to be sensitive about it.  
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers