February 2013 Moms

Prenatals

No, this was not meant for the 2014 board.  And no, I'm not pregnant yet.

I just ordered some prenatals for my next pregnancy when I found a good deal on them.  I was really excited because I thought I was paying $14.99 for a 3 month supply.  So I bought 3 bottles, to get me through an entire pregnancy.  Well, they came today and I was looking at the vitamin amounts and found the directions... I'm supposed to take 3 of the pills every day!!  (the DHA is already in the pill) 

So really, I only bought a 3 month supply.  I'm not so excited now... especially about the 3 pill thing.

What would you do?  Keep them or get others?  What were your prenatals like? (1 pill, 2 pills, gummy, powder etc.)

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Prenatals

• I have issues with vitamins and my tummy. I started taking the gummies but ended up with Flintstones.
  • I took 1 huge prenatal vitamin a day, plus a separate DHA pill. I also took extra folic acid and iron at different times during my pregnancy.
    I would use the ones you have. What else would you do with them?
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Loading the player...
  • imagekelliejo74:
    I have issues with vitamins and my tummy. I started taking the gummies but ended up with Flintstones.

This is what I had to do! Except i was taking regular pills, Vitafol OB. I was getting so mich iron in my regular diet that the extra iron in prenatals was making me sick. But Flintstone sour gummies are so good!!!

• I get my prenatal vitamins free from Walmart. I've been taking them as a daily vitamin for years because they are free. My dr loves the fact that i am proactive and prepared for pregnancy with the folic acid, even when i want look ing to get pregnant. One pill reach day.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Well that stinks. I took only one pill per day that included dha. I would use the though. What else would you do with them?
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • a13049a13049 member
    Prenatals made me so sick. I did okay on the target gummies. I'm currently taking the cvs gummies while nursing and try are super yummy. Not important part, but it's nice looking forward to taking your pills

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"