August 2013 Moms

A13 FB group?

2»

Re: A13 FB group?

• I would be up for either.  If there was a group set up for the regulars I would join but the bump works for me just as well! 

• imageWashingtonQueen:
    imageBellaOso:

imageWashingtonQueen:
    NO! No, no, no, no, no!

This. Adamantly. With fierce conviction and lots of gesturing.

Facebook all but killed my last BMB. Please... no... 

Yep, mine too. Might as well kiss this board goodbye. See ya later ladies.

i may not be the most active here, but I have been here since the beginning and would be sad to see the board go dormant. What's even the benefit of having a fb group?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope. Not interested.
    image"">imageimageimage

• imageTurtleMomma:
    imageamandarins:
    imagemsspeedymarie:

imageamandarins:
    There is, but its run by d-bags. This was a hot topic at the beginning of the year. They kick you out of the group if you don't post frequent enough. I was never interested in being part of that. 

Yeah, I would be up for one now, now that we actually know each other and we know we aren't all crazy d-bags.

A new FB page of our regs would Definitly be a different story! 

This. I would be game to join a FB group of regulars since I feel like I've gotten to know everyone since our BFPs.

EDIT: I'm gonna throw this out there, but I'd be willing to create the group/manage it if there were enough interest. It would be an invite-only deal. Really lax on everything else.

This is what I was thinking Turtle, that way there wouldn't be all the crazy BFT on there.

ETA: But now that I am reading some of the others opinions I see why might not be a good idea. Either way I would still post on here most of the time, and would be willing to add people individually.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageFitzkitten:
    imageWashingtonQueen:
    imageBellaOso:

imageWashingtonQueen:
    NO! No, no, no, no, no!

This. Adamantly. With fierce conviction and lots of gesturing.

Facebook all but killed my last BMB. Please... no... 

Yep, mine too. Might as well kiss this board goodbye. See ya later ladies.

i may not be the most active here, but I have been here since the beginning and would be sad to see the board go dormant. What's even the benefit of having a fb group?  

its insanely easier to share photos, post, and not have 60000000 lurkers watching your every move,

I'd be down with both. 

image image

• imageWashingtonQueen:
    I don't mind adding people to my FB as friends but I hate moving the group over there. There are only about 10 people that even post on my old BMB. FB killed it completely. I refuse to join a FB group. I also hate the format.

I agree again. 

I really don't understand moving things over, it made some weird, angry, mean fractures in my previous BMB and got really ugly. Now it's a ghost town, but every once in awhile someone pops over from the facebook group and drama starts all over again. 

It totally reminded me of  The Star Bellied Sneetches - you know from Dr. Seuss. There was no reason to hate at all... but everyone hated anyway. It's a great cautionary tale: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3yJomUhs0g

• Sounds like we're kind of divided on it. I'll go ahead and say that for those that are ok w/ adding people on FB, feel free to PM me. I ain't skurd of no stalkers!
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • imageJill9288:
    Sounds like we're kind of divided on it. I'll go ahead and say that for those that are ok w/ adding people on FB, feel free to PM me. I ain't skurd of no stalkers!

I agree completely. I'm PM'ing you now. Anyone else, feel free to PM me, too! :)  

A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • imageJill9288:
    Sounds like we're kind of divided on it. I'll go ahead and say that for those that are ok w/ adding people on FB, feel free to PM me. I ain't skurd of no stalkers!

YGPM

• Back at you!
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Yeah, I would be interested in keeping the group exclusively on the bump. Not adverse to adding individuals, though!

Plus, I feel like for those of us who are on FB more would just switch entirely over to there, meaning everyone on TB would miss out. Eventually, the BMB would have a good chance of dying... :(

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well, if people want to friend me individually, I'm down with that. Send me a PM and we'll make it happen, lol.

• imageamarissa85:
    I'd be up for a new one. I want no part of the old one.

doesn't sound like I'd be interested in the old one but one with the ladies now would be ok..
  • No thank you. I only use FB for keeping up with close friends and family.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• I'm up for doing it or not. The bump is the original site we are on so I would say to at least keep it that way. Fb would be an easier way to share photos etc like pp's have said. Whatever works I guess. You can't do PM on mobile can you?
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • imageKatieR2310:
    I'm up for doing it or not. The bump is the original site we are on so I would say to at least keep it that way. Fb would be an easier way to share photos etc like pp's have said. Whatever works I guess. You can't do PM on mobile can you?

You can, but its a PITA. You have to open the full site (link on the bottom of the page) and browse around like that. I've done it, but I don't like to.

• imageTurtleMomma:

imageKatieR2310:
    I'm up for doing it or not. The bump is the original site we are on so I would say to at least keep it that way. Fb would be an easier way to share photos etc like pp's have said. Whatever works I guess. You can't do PM on mobile can you?

You can, but its a PITA. You have to open the full site (link on the bottom of the page) and browse around like that. I've done it, but I don't like to.

Ahh ok, thanks. I just attempted that. I'm going to admit that I have no idea what I'm doing. I usually mobile bump so sending messages or anything is totally new to me! Oh jeez.
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • This. I'm on fb more than tb
  • imageJocelynB0911:
    imageTurtleMomma:
    imageamandarins:
    imagemsspeedymarie:

imageamandarins:
    There is, but its run by d-bags. This was a hot topic at the beginning of the year. They kick you out of the group if you don't post frequent enough. I was never interested in being part of that. 

Yeah, I would be up for one now, now that we actually know each other and we know we aren't all crazy d-bags.

A new FB page of our regs would Definitly be a different story! 

This. I would be game to join a FB group of regulars since I feel like I've gotten to know everyone since our BFPs.

EDIT: I'm gonna throw this out there, but I'd be willing to create the group/manage it if there were enough interest. It would be an invite-only deal. Really lax on everything else.

We have one on S13 and I think you had to be over a certain TB post count to be invited in. There is still over 100 people in it and it very hard to keep straight. I am a part of it but aside from a handful of TB regs on there, I couldnt tell you who was who without having to look at the master list. Its confusing and I hope that there will be one started with the regs over there. Yes, this is coming from a technical A13 newbie.

Yeah, I do love the girls that post regularly on there though. I'm still active on both the board and facebook.  

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • imageTheusualmischief:

imageTurtleMomma:
    Well, if people want to friend me individually, I'm down with that. Send me a PM and we'll make it happen, lol.

Same here! &nbsp;I think I like the format of TB for actually having conversations, but I'd be happy to friend people as individuals on FB. &nbsp;I've sent a few private messages to the others who have said they are open to it as well. &nbsp;(including you Turtle!)&nbsp;

I won't be back on an actual computer until tonight, so we can figure this out, then [errands to run all day, oy!].
    :D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"