Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Bottles Recommendation

Please recommend your bottle. I don't think I will need any of those fancy ones as I am going to be exclusively bottle feeding.  Thanks in advance.
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: Bottles Recommendation

• Options
    My oldest liked the nuk wide mouth bottles. Easy to clean and use. My sister who has 5 children really likes the playtex ventaire wide mouth bottles.
  • Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't just stock up on a ton of bottles just yet. You never know what baby will take.

Between my 2 boys I've liked Playtex Drop Ins and Tommee Tippee. The Drop Ins are great for travel and daycare. We used them with DS1. Tommee Tippee is great for the picky baby like DS2, he wouldn't take anything else. They are wider and clean easier than the skinny bottles.

Two bottles I don't rec are Avent and the First Year Breastflow....too many pieces.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I liked our playtex drop ins.  Simple to clean and use.  DD didn't have a problem with them.  They were the only bottles we tried.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I bought a handful, one of about 5 or 6 kinds and once baby decides which one he wants, we will use that. I do plan to bf, but wanted some in the house in case we needed them. I knew we would eventually because I will be going back to work after a couple months.

I just asked around and found out which ones my friends used. My class at the hospital recommended tommy tippee.

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    ccamccam member

I wouldn't stock up on one particular bottle because, like the others said, you never know what your LO will use.  We went through multiple brands / types of bottles before settling on the Playtex Advanced Ventaire wide bottles - they helped reduce gas for DS.  I registered for a couple different brands of bottles and then used gift certificates to buy more of the ones we settled on. 

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I got the tommee tippee set and I breastfed and pumped and still do and LO has not had any problems
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My DD was so picky with bottles she would change the ones she would take every month-two months. I liked the Dr.Browns and she stuck with those the longest she also had terrible reflux. They are extra work but they are totally worth it.

• Options

DD#1 used Born frees when I stopped nursing. They were the only thing that helped with the barfing. When she was about 7/8 months old, we switched to tommy tippy. I liked that there were less parts.

DD#2 hated my Born Frees, refused the TT. She had sever nipple confusion. the only thing that was ok for her were the Playtex drop ins with the rubber nipple. I swear by it.

I would get 1 of a few. I personally would never start off with the Dr. Browns. There are way too  many pieces for me to worry about. I have several care takers who are not the best at making sure everything is taken apart, cleaned and reassembled correctly! So for me, less is best!

• Options
    My DD takes Avent Natural.  We had horrible luck with Tommee Tippee
  • Options

We use Avent with DS.  We also tried NUK, but that was a disaster.

• Options

My 1st used Playtex Drop-in's but I wasn't happy with those I found them an inconvenience to always buy liners and assemble them half asleep at 3am. So we quickly switched to Dr. Browns bottles and I did like those... but they have too many pieces to make sure are thoroughly cleaned. So we switched again to the Nuk Orthodontic bottles and those we're a winner until it was time to ween him off the bottle.

My 2nd I learned not to buy too many at once, I stocked up on some very expensive Adiri bottles... and learned after the first try that these weren't going to work for us. Baby hated them and they leaked! Next up was the Momma bottles and those were a hit! Baby loved them, I love them, simple to wash & the dishwasher gets them spotless!

This time around i'm going to purchase one Comotomo bottles just because I'm intrigued and wanna give them a shot, but if they're not as awesome as the Momma bottles i'll just use them again and then i'm only out 10 bucks...  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"