Birth Stories

XP: Birth stories for third child?

Any moms of three children happen to be here? I was curious if you could share a little bit about your labor & delivery for your third child. I'm 37wks with my third and my OB nurse told me that I should head to the hospital when my contractions are 10min apart since third time labors tend to progress faster. My first two deliveries were inductions, and I was told not to wait for the really painful contractions that I experienced with inductions since that may put me at the hospital too late in the game.I had been planning on staying home until I was in a lot of pain, so this new piece of information has thrown me in a loop.

If you recently had your third child, did you find that labor and delivery went quickly for you?
Hawaii

Re: XP: Birth stories for third child?

• I'm curious about this too, especially because my last labor and birth was 2 hours. Good thing I am planning another home birth, I just need to make sure my midwife has enough notice.
  • erb82erb82 member
    My third was slightly shorter than my second, but not much. First labor was 9 hours, second was 3, and third was 2 hours 45 minutes. I actually was mentally preparing for a longer labor with #3 because I figured I couldn't get that lucky twice. My understanding is that first labors are typically the longest, but after that all bets are off. They don't necessarily get shorter every time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"