Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Probable mc

I started bleeding last night and I just started cramping along with the bleeding. I went to the doctor today one week before my fist checkup, and while there was sac, it as only developed to 5 weeks, not 8. It's possible The dates are wrong. But what's more likely: the dates are wrong and I just happened to be bleeding and cramping; or the baby stopped developing three weeks ago.

I'm not going to keep hoping that the dates are wrong and keep hoping that the blood test I take on Friday will tell me my baby's alive.

I didn't know it was going to hurt like this. I didn't realize how much I already was in love with this baby. We had names picked out, and I already bought some clothes. I feel empty and hopeless. I don't know how to feel better. I already struggle with depression.

Re: Probable mc

• I am sorry for your loss. I didn't realize how much I would connect with the baby growing inside of me. My doctor suggested I have a D and C done. Part of me wants to wait till I miscarry naturally but another part of me wants to move on.

It is hard and i am sorry :(

• I'm so sorry you're going through this. I told myself not to get attached, but I think that is pretty much impossible... At least for me. Sending positive thoughts, prayers, and hugs to you.

BFP 06/05/2013 | EDD 02/10/2014 | D&C 07/12/2013
  • I am so sorry you are going through this.

Ask your doctor some of those questions. Maybe she can provide more informed insight.

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP#2 11/6/2013.  CP 11/14/2013.  

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

All PgAL and PAL welcome.

• I'm so very sorry.  I think we get attached the moment we get that positive pregnancy test.  This board is full of supportive and wonderful women, thoguh.  We are here for you.....((Hugs))
    Trying for #1 since January 2012
    BFP 4.25.2013  EDD 1.3.2014  MMC 6.3.2013  D&C 6.19.2013
    BFP 11.3.2013  CP 11.6.2013
    BFP 3.31.2014 EDD 12.10.2014 Praying this is our rainbow baby!! Baby C is a BOY!!
    Chart on FF
  • I am so sorry for your loss. We too miscarried at about 8 weeks, more or less. I didn't have any bleeding, just a little tan discharge last week that the OB told me not to worry about until i called 3 times and she ordered an ultrasound to make me feel better. That obviously did not go well. I went in for a DC this morning and the doc was so nice. He offered me another scan to give us some closure and explain things. He said I could wait a week if I wanted and get another scan to see if anything grew but that based on what he saw and how fall along I was at minimum that there should have been a heartbeat and that the sac wasn't shaped right (like an hourglass rather than a circle) so we went through with it this morning. 

It is surreal to think that baby is gone. And so quickly. Was there...and now is not. We too picked out some names and had a little footy pajama with my favorite football teams logo on it.

Sorry such a long post...I guess I needed to let some stuff out too. The gist of it is that I am sorry and my heart goes out to you. My OB said while my hormones drop I will likely experience depression in addition to my grief...keep your support system close and in the loop. Talk about it with your partner and make sure you both are taking caring of yourselves and eachother. Our time will come! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your loss. That is so sad. :( You already had clothes and everything. :_( I am so sorry. :(