Breastfeeding

MSPI moms soybean oil

Do you avoid soybean oil? I know that oils usually don't contain protein and that if soybean oil is the only soy ingredient, it doesn't need to be listed as an allergen. Just wondering if anyone has had an issue with oil.
"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES

Re: MSPI moms soybean oil

• In the beginning I avoided it.  When LO was older (over 6 months) I became more lax about it and would eat it if it was the only soy based ingredient in a item I wanted.   I never noticed a difference in LO when I did have it. From what I read it is an oil and does not usually cause an issue. 
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Some babies can handle it and some can't. Like PP I avoided it in the beginning. You could avoid it for a few weeks then add it into your diet and see if you notice any changes. If so then take it out, if not keep it in your diet.

DS1 born 2/26/07 ~*~ DS2 born 10/18/10 ~*~ M/C 8/5/12 ~*~ DS3 born 6/21/13

~*~Surpise BFP #4 due in May 2015!!~*~

• image aylafsu88:
    In the beginning I avoided it.nbsp; When LO was older over 6 months I became more lax about it and would eat it if it was the only soy based ingredient in a item I wanted.nbsp;nbsp; I never noticed a difference in LO when I did have it. From what I read it is an oil and does not usually cause an issue.nbsp;
    me too
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've always avoided it because DS seemed extra sensitive to soy. From what I understand some babies can handle it and some can't.