Trying to Get Pregnant

Pap Smear During 2ww?

Anyone have any experience with getting their lady-parts checkup done during the 2ww? I'll obviously mention it to the doc, but could it cause any issues that I should be aware of?
Together since April 2006
Married October 2011
TTC since April 2013
BFP November 2013! EDD 8/8/14

image image image

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pap Smear During 2ww?

• No, it is fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• What issues could it possibly cause? Seriously- I would love to know the train of thought that leads you to believe taking a few cells from your cervix will prevent you from getting pregnant.

"People seem to couple an inordinate amount of stupidity with extreme laziness." ~ A wise interwebz friend.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• No reason not to.  Smear away.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• What kind of problems are you talking about?  They even give paps to pregnant women... It's not like whatever ball of cells *might* be in there will fall out.  ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageClick here to find out more about lung cancer!image
    Click here to go to the Bump Board Glossary
    Click here to go to the TTGP Blog!

TTGP 2012 Award for Best Screen Name
    TTGP 2013 Award for Best Advice

TTGP 2014 Award for Sweetest Bumpie
    I keep asking the same question in hopes that someone will get it.
  • No.  It's fine.

Thank you for getting your pap smear!

~ fourteen cycles ~ march 2014: chemical pregnancy ~
    ~ november 2014: diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease, began levothyroxine synthroid (it matters) ~
       image           image

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.  The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas Edison

• If peen pounding cervix during sex doesn't knock anything loose, why on earth would you think a little scrape would do any harm? I certainly have a more 'vigorous' experience during sex than I ever get with a pap, if not I wouldn't be so reluctant to go in for mine as ordered!

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

TTC #2 since August 2012
    BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• image LCostel:
    Anyone have any experience with getting their lady-parts checkup done during the 2ww? I'll obviously mention it to the doc, but could it cause any issues that I should be aware of?

No, but what are your concerns? How do you think that a pap would negatively affect you in the 2ww?

image       image

CFNBC as of August 2013. TTC since October 2011. PCOS, single fallopian tube. HSG showed tube was blocked (this is but one reason why you undergo testing BEFORE starting fertility meds, kiddos). Diagnosed with stage IV ALK+ adenocarcinoma of the lung in August of 2013. Metastases in liver, bone and brain (as of 5/2014). 1st chemotherapy treatment failed, hospitalized in November-December 2013. Started clinical trial drug in December, disease in lung is significantly less, and is stable as of May 2014. Brain tumors found during May 2014 MRI. Radiation therapy (CyberKnife) started 6/24/2014-7/9/2014 (all done!). CT 7/15 showed progression of disease in lung and liver (liver, significantly) so IV chemotherapy will begin 7/23/2014. Chemo Cycle #2 started 8/22.  Chemo Cycle #3 started 9/11. Cycle #4 started 10/2. Brain MRI 10/9. Chemo Cycle #5 -CANCELLED- due to progression of disease in liver and bone (hip).  

11/5/2014 - Awaiting approval for clinical trial at a new cancer center. Fingers crossed. 

• I was actually pretty certain that it wouldn't and didn't even think anything of it when they called to confirm my appointment, but thought I would ask just in case so I don't show up and they turn me away for some crazy unknown reason.
    Together since April 2006
    Married October 2011
    TTC since April 2013
    BFP November 2013! EDD 8/8/14

image image image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nope, you're good. They will even do it while your KU.
    imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • they give PAP to most pregnant women in 1st any way.

• MrsRKJMrsRKJ
    1000 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary First Answer
    I had a pap when I was 8 weeks pregnant.  You'll be fine.
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• I'm pretty sure I had a pap at my first appointment when I was pregnant. I think it's pretty standard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards