May 2013 Moms

Dr Sears Vaccine schedule

Title for those on mobile

Dr sears vaccine schedule.

I am considering this for my LO. I feel it's better to spread them out as opposed to giving them so many at a time. Is anyone else doing this as well?

Re: Dr Sears Vaccine schedule

• kmcd23kmcd23
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Combo Breaker
    I considered it, especially since H has had some strong reactions to vaccines and wasn't sure if that would be hereditary. But after discussing with the pedi, we decided to go CDC.
  • We will be splitting her vaccines but split a little differently based on ped's advce at least in the beginning anyway. Our Ped recommends no splitting but will honor our request. What they won't honor is parents who choose to skip vaccines all together.
    We'll revisit the topic a little later.

• I will modify and delay based on his book, but not necessarily take his recommendations.
  • We went with CDC recommendations.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• image gmorel:
    We will be splitting her vaccines but split a little differently based on ped's advce at least in the beginning anyway. Our Ped recommends no splitting but will honor our request. What they won't honor is parents who choose to skip vaccines all together.
    We'll revisit the topic a little later.

This, more or less.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I trust my pediatrician and the CDC to make a smart recommendation for my children. I didn't delay anything with my first child and I won't be delaying with this baby either. Everything has turned out just fine. I don't understand why people would want to delay, at all. It's just more pokes for your baby and more trips to a germy pediatrician office, not to mention, just another thing to keep track of and not screw up. But to each their own I guess...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • LN1024LN1024
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 250 Love Its

image snowgirl427:
    We went with CDC recommendations.

Us too.  

• We'll go with CDC recommendations as I couldn't find any any widespread studies showing benefits of delaying, where there tons of studies showing the CDC schedule is safe. I want my baby protected as soon as possible, especially given how much travel she will be doing late summer and fall.

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• This is one of those things for which I will go with the pediatrician's suggestion.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    Oct '14 October Signature Challenge: Halloween Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image mommatotwo2:
    I trust my pediatrician and the CDC to make a smart recommendation for my children. I didn't delay anything with my first child and I won't be delaying with this baby either. Everything has turned out just fine. I don't understand why people would want to delay, at all. It's just more pokes for your baby and more trips to a germy pediatrician office, not to mention, just another thing to keep track of and not screw up. But to each their own I guess...

Exactly!
  • nola78nola78
    5000 Comments 25 Love Its Second Anniversary First Answer
    image mommatotwo2:
    I trust my pediatrician and the CDC to make a smart recommendation for my children. I didn't delay anything with my first child and I won't be delaying with this baby either. Everything has turned out just fine. I don't understand why people would want to delay, at all. It's just more pokes for your baby and more trips to a germy pediatrician office, not to mention, just another thing to keep track of and not screw up. But to each their own I guess...

This. Delaying puts your child at higher risk. There is no reason to delay.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 1/10/12; EDD: 9/20/12, born too early on 5/7/12 (20w4d) due to IC/PTL/chorioamnionitis.
    BFP #2: 8/30/12; EDD: 5/9/13, emergency cerclage placed at 22w5d, dx cardiomyopathy, strict bed rest for 14 weeks. DD born at 39 weeks.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    All ALs always welcome
  • RoxZ32RoxZ32
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I will give my baby girl all the recommended vaccinations but I won't give more than 2 in one visit. She only has two legs so she's only getting 2 shots! Her 2 month appointment was for 3 shots and an oral drop. I gave her the oral and one vaccination and will be returning in 3 to 4 weeks for the remaining two. By the time we go back for her 4 month check up she will be caught up. I feel bad taking her once a month to get poked but I feel more comfortable not poking her numerous times at once. My pediatricians office has been super supportive of my personal decisions. Do what feels right for you and your baby.

• Delaying vaccines does not put your child at a higher risk. Trust your gut and do whatever feels best for you and your family.
    Dr Sears has multiple vaccine schedules. I am choosing to only do 2 vaccines at a time due to the amount of alluminum in each vaccine and the fact that there has not been one study on infants and the breakdown of aluminum in their bodies. They have however studied the effects on infants and aluminum through IV and it has been known to cause neurological effects. Which is why they must put a warning label on the IV fluid.
    If anyone is interested I can get links to different studies.
  • nola78nola78

image russo546:
    Delaying vaccines does not put your child at a higher risk. Trust your gut and do whatever feels best for you and your family. Dr Sears has multiple vaccine schedules. I am choosing to only do 2 vaccines at a time due to the amount of alluminum in each vaccine and the fact that there has not been one study on infants and the breakdown of aluminum in their bodies. They have however studied the effects on infants and aluminum through IV and it has been known to cause neurological effects. Which is why they must put a warning label on the IV fluid. If anyone is interested I can get links to different studies.

This is untrue and is not supported by any evidence.  Delaying has been linked to higher rates of mortality from Hib and Pertussis.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 1/10/12; EDD: 9/20/12, born too early on 5/7/12 (20w4d) due to IC/PTL/chorioamnionitis.
    BFP #2: 8/30/12; EDD: 5/9/13, emergency cerclage placed at 22w5d, dx cardiomyopathy, strict bed rest for 14 weeks. DD born at 39 weeks.

All ALs always welcome
  • RoxZ32RoxZ32
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Name Dropper First Anniversary
    image russo546:
    Delaying vaccines does not put your child at a higher risk. Trust your gut and do whatever feels best for you and your family.
    Dr Sears has multiple vaccine schedules. I am choosing to only do 2 vaccines at a time due to the amount of alluminum in each vaccine and the fact that there has not been one study on infants and the breakdown of aluminum in their bodies. They have however studied the effects on infants and aluminum through IV and it has been known to cause neurological effects. Which is why they must put a warning label on the IV fluid.
    If anyone is interested I can get links to different studies.

I'm very interested in this. Any links would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to read about it.

• Doing what "feels" best when it comes to your LO's health is stupid. Do what is shown to be best and supported by scientific evidence. Believe me it will feel like hell when your kid has meningitis from the measles virus and is neurologically devastated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image nola78:
    image mommatotwo2:
    This. Delaying puts your child at higher risk. There is no reason to delay.

This, LO got his yesterday and he is fine. Dont overthink it.  

photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • nola78nola78

image bowman958:
    Doing what "feels" best when it comes to your LO's health is stupid. Do what is shown to be best and supported by scientific evidence. Believe me it will feel like hell when your kid has meningitis from the measles virus and is neurologically devastated.

But, but....then everyone couldn't be an expert!   

All ALs always welcome
  • I personally prefer Dr. McCarthy's scientific research and suggested schedule
  • image Beachy730:
    I personally prefer Dr. McCarthy's scientific research and suggested schedule

I was about to bring this up when I saw your post. (I'm assuming you're being ironic.)  A lot of people are hacked with ABC for bringing her to The View.  They think she'll use it as a platform and put lots of lives at risk because celebrities can be very influential.

• nola78nola78
    image linegirl313:

image Beachy730:

I was about to bring this up when I saw your post. (I'm assuming you're being ironic.)  A lot of people are hacked with ABC for bringing her to The View.  They think she'll use it as a platform and put lots of lives at risk because celebrities can be very influential.

It's really sad that people listen to someone like Jenny McCarthy (did she even finish high school?) over experts in the field. 

All ALs always welcome
  • image nola78:
    image linegirl313:

image Beachy730:

It's really sad that people listen to someone like Jenny McCarthy (did she even finish high school?) over experts in the field. 

I would listen to anyone who can land a date with a Wahlberg.  Plus, she was so good on "Singled Out."

Sarcasm aside, I agree with you.

• Do you have any evidence of this? The first vaccine given (even if you delay) is the DTaP. Not sure where you received this info?
  • sure. Here is a link to the FDA  and specifically a document about maximum allowable amounts and the warning labels

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfCFR/CFRSearch.cfm?fr=201.323

If you go to www.fda.gov and search aluminum toxicity you can find many different documents. Sorry I cant link more at this time. My baby is waking from a nap. I do recommend Dr Sears Vaccine book too....or just his website.

http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/vaccines

• OSibylOSibyl
    100 Comments
    we are going with his schedule pretty much. I am currently "shopping" for a new pediatrician after the one we saw at our two month appointment (first time LO saw a MD) tried to give him the vaccinations that I had JUST told her we were going to wait until 4 months to get. We did a home birth and LO has seen a midwife many times but we didn't take him into an MD until 2 months.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image russo546:
    Do you have any evidence of this? The first vaccine given (even if you delay) is the DTaP. Not sure where you received this info?

No, the first one given is Hep B.  Either in the hospital or at 2 weeks.   

•  I dont count the Hep B because I dont know anyone that does it. Being that neither my husband nor i have Hep B, I'm not a prostitute, nor intravenous drug user and had full prenatal care there is no need for it and I haven't found a Dr who disagrees.

Look, I'm not trying to get into a vaccine argument. Do whatever is best for you but please don't not question your doctors, do the research and make the best judgement that suits you and that you are comfortable with. this is your baby. Your decision. If you choose to not delay, great. Your choice.

• LN1024LN1024
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 250 Love Its
    image russo546:

I dont count the Hep B because I dont know anyone that does it. Being that neither my husband nor i have Hep B, I'm not a prostitute, nor intravenous drug user and had full prenatal care there is no need for it and I haven't found a Dr who disagrees.

Look, I'm not trying to get into a vaccine argument. Do whatever is best for you but please don't not question your doctors, do the research and make the best judgement that suits you and that you are comfortable with. this is your baby. Your decision. If you choose to not delay, great. Your choice.

Wait, so only children of prostitutes and drug dealers get the Hep B shot... you are seriously misinformed. 

• nola78nola78
    image LN1024:
    image russo546:

I dont count the Hep B because I dont know anyone that does it. Being that neither my husband nor i have Hep B, I'm not a prostitute, nor intravenous drug user and had full prenatal care there is no need for it and I haven't found a Dr who disagrees.

Wait, so only prostituesand drug dealers get the Hep B shot... you are seriously misinformed. 

Yes, that's been the theme with this poster for awhile now. 

All ALs always welcome
  • nola78nola78

image russo546:
    Do you have any evidence of this? The first vaccine given (even if you delay) is the DTaP. Not sure where you received this info?

This article specifically discusses pertussis.  

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=200499#REF-JOC50004-2

"Pertussis is another example of the importance of timely vaccination. During 2003, 11 647 cases of pertussis were reported in the United States31; incidence was highest among infants who were younger than 6 months34 and infants accounted for the highest proportion of pertussis-related hospitalizations and deaths.35 Among infants who contracted pertussis during the 1990s, at least 44% were undervaccinated for their age. Furthermore, among the 25 pertussis-related deaths in infants aged 2 to 11 months, 15 had not received any doses of pertussis vaccine.36 While these children were too young to have received the complete 4-dose series of DTaP, data suggest that the risk of pertussis-related hospitalization is decreased if children have received 1 or 2 doses of vaccine.35 Furthermore, because siblings are a source of transmission to infants too young to be vaccinated,3637 timely vaccination of these children can indirectly protect young infants by decreasing their exposure. We found that 16% of children were undervaccinated for DTaP for more than 6 of the first 24 months of life and another 14% were undervaccinated for 3 to 6 months." 

All ALs always welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards