June 2012 Moms

refusing frozen milk

DD is BFed and now is refusing to take any frozen milk. She did not want it in a bottle, sippy, or mixed with fruit puree. I have been wasting my frozen stash because she does not want it. I feel like I am trowing away liquid gold :(
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: refusing frozen milk

• Has she taken frozen milk before? If not it may be a taste issue...I forget the name of it but it is like an iron smell and taste that some babies don't like. If this Iis the problem you have to scald your milk before you freeze it.
  • imageGismo123:
    Has she taken frozen milk before? If not it may be a taste issue...I forget the name of it but it is like an iron smell and taste that some babies don't like. If this Iis the problem you have to scald your milk before you freeze it.

Yes, she has, many times. She had no issues.

• Loading the player...
  • For some reason some of my frozen stash ended up tasting soapy. Warm it on low in a pan on the stove. Don't let it scald. It took care of the soapy taste if that happens to be the problem.
  • imageDawnLilly:
    For some reason some of my frozen stash ended up tasting soapy. Warm it on low in a pan on the stove. Don't let it scald. It took care of the soapy taste if that happens to be the problem.

Thanks, I will try that!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"