Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY: Would you want to know?

2»

Re: GTKY: Would you want to know?

• Options
    imagecoopsbaby:

I found out with ds and dd1, but with dd2 the tech wouldn't tell us. She apparently had very strong feelings that people should be surprised. I still hate her. 

I do not do well with suspense at all. I want to know asap, and dh does too, so it works for us. It doesn't really change anything, I tend to go pretty gender neutral  with clothes, decor, etc. I just want to know.

What?!  That's crazy!!

DH: 34  
    Aug 2013 - SA: Counts & Motility = great, Morph = 1%; RE didn't seem too concerned

Me: 26
    Jan. 2014 - Blood work ordered by obgyn:  Prolactin = high & AMH = low (0.73)
    Feb. 6, 2014 - Repeat blood work ordered by obgyn:  Prolactin = normal & AMH = low (0.9)
    Feb.  20, 2014 - First appointment with RE
    Feb. 24, 2014 - HSG scheduled;  DX:  one tube definitely open & one tube could be blocked
    Mar. 7, 2014 - CD 21 Blood work for Progesterone; DX:  Progesterone level at 5.2; shows I ovulated but was low
    Mar. 28, 2014 - Laparoscopy; DX:  Tubes open.  Found some endometriosis and had that removed.

History:
    Started TTC:  June 2012
    June 2012 - March 2013:  When it Happens/it happens method = BFN
    March 2013:  Started using Fertility Friend
    Cycles 1 - 15 with Fertility Friend = BFN
    Cycle 16 - Benched due to Laparoscopy
    Cycle 17 - Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 18 - Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 19 - Natural Cycle = BFN

Current Cycle:
    Cycle 20 = Natural Cycle

• Options
    We're going to find out before delivery.
    Dx: PCOS, started Metformin 7/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageamandarene112:

But if baby is being difficult about showing the goods during the ultra sounds that are covered by my insurance, I'm not going to sweat it.

I was going to chime in about this.  DH and I were all excited to find out the sex for DS1 and they couldn't tell!  It was our last ultrasound too, unless there were complications.  We had no choice but to wait. 

People were actually telling me to make up a complication to get another ultrasound.  Uh, no, I would never do that.

It was so fun finding out at delivery, we decided to wait with DS2 (and of course, that time they could tell the sex at the ultrasound).

We'll wait again this time.

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    Right now we're leaning towards being Team Green. If we end up finding out we likely will be Team Sneaky.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Options
    imageMeatandBandP:

I will be surprised when I get pregnant and I will be surprised at 20 weeks when I find out the sex. I don't think its any less of a surprise if you find out at 20 weeks rather then when the baby is coming.

Plus, I'm anal and I want to be prepared.  

I agree that it is surprise either way, but having experienced both scenarios, finding out when the baby was born was way more exciting than fining out at 20 weeks IMO. My husband also loved being able to walk out to the waiting room and announce that it was a girl! There are pros and cons to both, but I always try and convince my friends to wait it out :)
    Photobucket
  • Options

If I'm lucky enough to get pregnant I'd like to think I'd be able to wait until the delivery to find out the sex. DH has said it's my decision, but we will burn that bridge when we get there :)

Married June 2012
    DH: 31 Me: 30 dx PCOS 2001
    Surprise BFP 12/8/13 EDD 8/14/14
    Stroke: 3/15/14 dx expressive aphasia: had to relearn how to communicate
    Charlotte Joy Born 8/9/14

• Options

imagebeckynsean11:
    I'd like to say we're going to wait. But I honestly won't be able to answer until I'm actually pregnant.

Same. I would love to have that big surprise waiting for me at the end of the 9 months, but I'm not confident we'll be able to. We're not very patient people. :P 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    i too have ideas for nurseries based on gender! i love your choices!
    DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

• Options
    NydaPNydaP member
    My husband wants to know, I don't.  So during my first pregnancy, he found out and I didn't.  He accidentally told me along the way.  Second pregnancy, we both found out.  Next pregnancy, we're not finding out until delivery. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oh I want to know. There's no way me, DH or my crazy family would be able to wait 40 whole weeks. 

Plus I teach US and perform them regularly at work, so there's no way I could resist.  I love letting mammas listen to baby's heartbeat.  :)  Most ultrasounds I do are first trimester, so I don't have much experience on finding penises, but I can't wait to lube myself up and see what I can find!

imageimage
    Beautiful Baby Girl born May 28, 2014

• Options
    I'd rather find out, but DH is adamant about us not finding out. I figured since he doesn't get to play as much of a role in the pregnancy, I could give him that much.
    KLS1003.2

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We found out with our son. Neither of us wanted to wait. It was a surprise when we found out, because we were both convinced that he was a girl. I am just way too much of a planner to not find out. I wanted to finish the nursery and have all of the clothes/ blankets before he was born. I know people can be "prepared" for babies without knowing the sex, but that just isn't for me. I definitely plan on finding out the sex again for baby #2!

imageimage

TTC #1 January 2009
    January 2010 SA results: Count 16 million, Motility 40%, Morphology 2%
    January 2010- Surprise BFP! DS born 10/1/2010 :)
    January 2013 TTC #2
    September 2013 Repeat SA: Count= 1.7 million, Motility= 24%, Morphology= 2%
    November 6th 1st Appointment with RE: diagnosed with severe MFI
    Testing to try to determine a cause & possible treatment for MFI
    CD 3 blood work for me. RE does not want to repeat my HSG/lap at this point,
    but may want to before moving forward with any fertility treatments.
    After seeing the uro, DH is currently taking lots of supplements and clomid to try to boost his count. We will have a repeat SA in February to see if it works.
    Follow up SA numbers are: Count= 4 million, Motility= 40%, Morphology= 1%
    Uro wants us to have another follow up SA 5/9 to see if we see further improvement than we are back to the RE to make a game plan.

SA 5/9/2014 Count: 12 Million, Motility: 60%, and Morphology 2%. We will be doing iui #1 in late June

IUI #1 6/28 clomid + ovidrel, post wash count 3 million total sperm= BFN

IUI # 2 7/21 clomid+ ovidrel. post wash count 900,000 total sperm= BFN

IVF planned for early November- cancelled due to cyst

December IVF #1- 22 eggs, 20 mature,16 fertilized

12/9 Transferred 1 4AA Blast, 6 frosties

*****Everyone is welcome******

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"