Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY: Would you want to know?

Just curious..when you get pregnant do you plan on finding out the sex right away or being surprised at delivery. I was thinking about this the other day because DH says he wants to be surprised. Being the impatient person that I am, I just about fell over when he said that. I couldn't see myself waiting that long. To me knowing the sex of your baby is so important. Ofcourse technology has only made this possible in recent years, so I know that women have done it before but I just..couldn't. Lol. What about you? Would you want to know?

BabyFetus Ticker

Savannah Mommy and Daddy can't wait to meet you.

BabyName Ticker 

Re: GTKY: Would you want to know?

• I'm not going to find out the sex, we don't have a need too. It'll be a fun surprise and I can plan for a baby without knowing if it has a penis or a vagina.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• DW and I (if we're lucky enough to get pregnant) will be waiting until delivery. We have seen people reveal gender and then they are bombarded with pink or blue crap, judgments on name choices, etc.

We won't force our kid to wear pink or blue, regardless of gender :) 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• C0602tC0602t
    100 Comments 25 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    It will be our first child so we will find out ASAP! I always said if I had 3, a girl and a boy already, I'd be surprised with the last. My husband wants to be surprised with all our children but I just can't!!! My best friend is 21 weeks pregnant and she's waiting until the birth. I am planning her shower so it's just pink AND blue! She swears it's a boy, but I think it's just because she already has a girl. She was going to do a gender reveal party but I convinced her that if you're going to wait you may as well wait the whole time for a truly bigger reveal!
  • We plan on finding out, just for curiousitys sake.
    October TTGP Siggy Challenge: Favorite Villain - Yzma (Emperor's New Groove)
    image.
    Married: 7/30/2011 - TTC #1 since June 2013 - Met with RE 6/24/14
    Me: Initial ultrasound: normal. CD 3 bloodwork: normal. HSG: Normal.
    DH: SA = Average motility, Good count.
    DX: Unexplained, possible Endo.
    September 2014 - Cycle 15: Letrozole with TI = BFN
    October 2014 - Cycle 16: Letrozole + Trigger + IUI = ???
    TTGP 2013 Award: Most Supportive
    TTGP 2014 Award: Cutest Pets
    I used to be a mod or something
    image. ..
    Everyone Welcome
    New to TTGP? Read this

• I did with DD, I thought about going team green this next time around but I think the curiosity will get to me. 
    Stinkerbella-8-27-10 
    Married-11-26-10/In Process of Divorce/Separated since early Feb.
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• image C0602t:
    It will be our first child so we will find out ASAP! I always said if I had 3, a girl and a boy already, I'd be surprised with the last. My husband wants to be surprised with all our children but I just can't!!! My best friend is 21 weeks pregnant and she's waiting until the birth. I am planning her shower so it's just pink AND blue! She swears it's a boy, but I think it's just because she already has a girl. She was going to do a gender reveal party but I convinced her that if you're going to wait you may as well wait the whole time for a truly bigger reveal!

I bought DD duck themed everything before I knew she was a she. Yellows and greens.  

Stinkerbella-8-27-10 
    Married-11-26-10/In Process of Divorce/Separated since early Feb.
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• I will be surprised when I get pregnant and I will be surprised at 20 weeks when I find out the sex. I don't think its any less of a surprise if you find out at 20 weeks rather then when the baby is coming.

Plus, I'm anal and I want to be prepared.  

TTC #1 My Chart

Off BCP 9/12 Temping/OPKs 10/12
    3 Cycle of Femera + IUI=BFN
    Injects + IUI #4=BFN
    IVF #1 April/May 2014= BFN, heartbroken. 6 Frosties
    May/June 2014 FET = canceled. Polyps found on Saline Sonogram
    Hysteroscopy 5/27
    August 2014 FET #1= BFP 8/29/14 EDD 5/12/15, CP 9/3/14 
    September 2014 FET #2= BFP 9/30 EDD 6/14/15  CP 10/8/14

You are my favorite dream. 

• I'd like to say we're going to wait. But I honestly won't be able to answer until I'm actually pregnant.
    June '15 October siggy challenge 
    Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth, born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, Beta #1 13dpo=77.5, #2 16dpo=176, #3 20dpo, 1093
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    imageimageimage
  • I'll wait. There are so few cute gender neutral things, that I think it will help focus my spending on the necessities....rather than just this he/she would look cute in.
    ****SIGGY/TICKER WARNING****

imageimageimage
    TTC #1 since 9/2012    Me: 34/DOR  DH: 34/Extremely low volume/count  
     9/2013 IVF#1 w/ICSI   Antagonist 4R/3M/1F  3dt of 3 cell embryo = BFN
    11/2013 IVF#2 w/ICSI MDLF  7R/4M/3F 3dt 8cell & 6cell - top grades = FIRST EVER BFP :) 
     TEAM GREEN turned BLUE 8/2014.  <3
  • I'm such a planner that I definitely want to find out. It will also help narrow name choices, which is nice. Plus I think it'll give us something to look forward to mid-way through and help break up the wait a bit.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 5/2013  
    BFP #1: 5/23/13 EDD: 2/1/14 C/P: 5/29/13 4w4d
    BFP #2: 8/31/13 EDD: 5/13/14 C/P: 9/5/13 4w2d
    BFP #3: 5/2/14 EDD: 1/14/15  A/S 8/22/14 It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have found out with both pregnancies so we both think it would be nice to be team green for the next one, especially since he or she will be our last. But I guess we will see how that works out when the time comes.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We will likely find out; we're on the fence right now, but I think curiosity will win out.
    imageimageimage
    Me: 28 DH: 33 TTC #1 Since 12/12 Follow Me on Pinterest
    Dx: infertility of unspecified origin - SA 10/29/13 (normal) - HSG 11/18/13 (tubes clear)
    IUI #1 - 1/22/14 - BFP!!! EDD 10/15/14 - It's a BOY!
    Baby Bazinga born 10/8/14 - 7lbs 15oz - 21 1/8" long
  • We will probably find out early if we can. I think I'll be too excited to wait!

*************************** siggy warning ***************************

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• image MeatandBandP:

I will be surprised when I get pregnant and I will be surprised at 20 weeks when I find out the sex. I don't think its any less of a surprise if you find out at 20 weeks rather then when the baby is coming.

This exactly. We found out with DS too.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I will find out for sure.  I'm not a very patient person, I don't think I could pass up the opportunity to find out!
    BFP 12/30/12...MC 1/13...TTC again 6/11/13...
    BFP #2 9/28/13....EDD 6/7/14

imagephoto 1a59b4ac-19a8-49a0-9708-9916e05c4da6_zps5a5904c3.jpgimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If it were up to my DH, we would have waited until delivery to find out. But due to the fact, I am the most impatient person ever, we actually paid to find out early. This next go around, I will also pay to find out early lol. 
  • My DH and I think we want to wait till the baby is born. But who knows! We don't have any kids yet so we don't know for sure how we're going to act/think once we finally get that BFP! :]
  • mmb248mmb248
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary

I want to know.  I don't think I'm going to be any more surprised at 40 weeks than I will be at 20 weeks.  But mainly, I have definite plans for a nursery based on sex, so I can't start decorating the nursery until I know!

Girl:

Perfect blue nursery for girl

Boy:

Alligator nursery blue, green, and white

imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • We did not find out when we had DD and will not find out with any future children.  We knew from the beginning we wanted a big family so we knew we wanted gender neutral stuff either way.  Might as well reuse anything we can.  It was the best thing ever to hear 'it's a girl' from DH right before I held her. 
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

• With our first, I decided to let DH have the choice about whether or not we found out the sex, since I felt like I had a certain intimacy with what was going on (obviously), and I wanted him to have something.  He decided he wanted to know - felt like it would just make some things easier.  I was fine with whatever his decision was.

If we get pg again, who knows.  I guess we'll probably find out since we did the first time? 

Chat!                       General Cloth Diaper Information          
  • image GoaliesWife123:

DW and I (if we're lucky enough to get pregnant) will be waiting until delivery. We have seen people reveal gender and then they are bombarded with pink or blue crap, judgments on name choices, etc.

We won't force our kid to wear pink or blue, regardless of gender :) 

You make a very good point! I would not want boatloads of pink or blue crap! 

• I am too much of a planner not to find out.  We found out with DS and I will with the next one.  A lot of people say, "wait, its a great surprise!"  Well its still a surprise on you 20th week of pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I always said I would wait, but who am I kidding, I'm a planner! I agree that the surprise is going to be great no matter when it happens.
  • For DS1 I couldn't wait to find out.  20 weeks seemed like forever and I wanted to know NOW.  I thought about going team green for #2 but I know myself and I'll want to find out asap.

BabyFetus Ticker

• We found out with DS and plan on doing so the next time around. 
    TTC #2 Since October 2012
    BFP 11.1.12/EDD 7.7.13 MMC 12.4.12 D&E 12.10.12
    BFP 3.25.13/EDD 11.29.13 MC 4.6.13
    BFP 8.20.13 early MC 8.24.13
    BFP 9.20.13/EDD 6.5.14 Hoping & Praying this is our Rainbow Baby

• I want to know, DH doesn't.  We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• image MeatandBandP:

I will be surprised when I get pregnant and I will be surprised at 20 weeks when I find out the sex. I don't think its any less of a surprise if you find out at 20 weeks rather then when the baby is coming.

This is exactly how I feel.  

72614 1
  • Since its my fiance first child he wants tonknow the gender and I do too. I want my mom and my son in the room when the gender is revealed and well all have a special moment together. I kentioned maybe doing a gender reveal with everyone and fiance was against it
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • DH and I definitely want to know. It's still a "surprise", just a little sooner. IMO, it's easier to prepare and get an idea of who your LO is :
  • We found out the first time because I thought I needed to know. We still bought all of the bigger things in gender neutral patterns and have a lot of gender neutral newborn and 0-3 month clothes. For #2 we both want to be surprised. Plenty of time to personalize things after baby is here, and I think the extended wait to know will be fun!
    May 2015 Siggy Challenge
    Favorite Fall Activity: Pumpkin Patch!
    TTC #1 October 2009 | BFP June 7, 2010 | Olivia Reese | January 2011
    TTC #2 May 2013
    CP July 2013, CP February 2014
    June 2014 testing with RE: Diagnosis PCOS, low progesterone
    July 2014: Femara 2.5mg + TI = BFN
    August 2014: Femara 5mg + TI = BFP! EDD 5/4/2015 | TWINS! 9/15/2014

Blog

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board