Birthday Parties

tropical party

I'm 90% sure I want to do a tropical themed party for the baby's 1st birthday. I need inexpensive or easy DIY decoration ideas. And any cute wording you might have. Smile

Thanks! 

imageimage
imageimageimage
AngelSmitty: This reminds me of something my college Human Sexuality professor used to say in class.  "Sex is between the legs.  Gender is between the ears."

Re: tropical party

• I don't. But the dollar store always has tropical stuff in the summer. Umm, I think Dollar Tree
    DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    Baby #6 - Due December 5th.

• Tropical Hawaiian or tropical Caribbean?
  • A few great ideas is instead of having a cake have cupcakes. Like vanilla, with blue icing, and add thos tiny umbrella to the tops.

Copy and paste the link the URL bar to see a picture of what I mean.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4XhQYS23WXM/Tkbelz-lFoI/AAAAAAAADEI/QgjvmhHWPDo/s640/DSC_0717+-+pool+party.jpg

You can use little sand pales to hold chips, or ice and cans of soda.

And here is an adorable idea if you have cookie cutters and a melon!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LSCVDYT1fGU/T8GjHDJllzI/AAAAAAAAQgg/ZD2uJHIC3_o/s640/beach-party-food-ideas-watermelon.jpg

You can easily find things like shells and corrdinating napkins at Dollar Tree for very cheap. :) SAnd filled vases with tropicals flowers are pretty nice as well.

I would watch careful thought if you decorate with small shells or flower laeis. Those can my hazard to the little guy. :)

Hope those are some good idea. At least inspiration.

• We have changed gears to a "Luau" type party for this year.

*I have bought tissue paper from the dollar store to make pompom decorations.

*Cheap cardstock type paper to make a "Chloe Is Two" banner.

*I'm making a pinata out of some cardboard that was left over from something and tissue paper.

*I will make cupcakes that are colored.

*A limbo stick from an old rake handle that I've painted.

*A waterballon fight (might not be age appropriate for a 1-yr old).

*A scavenger hunt for things throughout the park.

*All my tableware/utensils etc are from Maines and were cheap.

J 2.22.98 N 11.20.03 C 8.16.11  
                                                                                InstagramImage and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oh and the wording on the invite is...

Chloe is Two
       and she wants to Luau with you! 

J 2.22.98 N 11.20.03 C 8.16.11  
                                                                                InstagramImage and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • image SunAndRain:
    Tropical Hawaiian or tropical Caribbean?

Don't really care. Probably Caribbean, but not a huge preference. Her name means date palm, so I wanted to decorate with some palm trees. And we're going to Cancun about 2 weeks after, so I figure it'll get my 3 year old excited about the pending trip. 

imageimage
    imageimageimage
    AngelSmitty: This reminds me of something my college Human Sexuality professor used to say in class.  "Sex is between the legs.  Gender is between the ears."
  • image EmpireMomof3:

Oh and the wording on the invite is...

Chloe is Two
       and she wants to Luau with you! 

SO cute. Post photos for me when you're done, please. I think Chloe's party is before Tamar's...  

imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • ccamccam
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary

We are doing a luau for DS's first birthday at the end of August.  The Dollar Store has a ton of luau decorations right now.  I went and grabbed a bunch of leis, cut them apart and made this with leftover cardboard...

imageUntitled'>

I also bought a party package on Etsy for $35 - this includes the invitation image and a ton of decoration images / templates - banners, signs, hats, pinwheels, food labels, favor tags, cupcake wrappers, thank you notes... a ton of stuff that I can just print and cut out.  I probably won't even use half of it!

I'm also planning on using other leftover cardboard and making surf boards for behind the food table, which I'll string pictures between. 

ETA:  Our invitations says "Luca is turning one!  Join us for some luau fun!"

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Pregnancy Ticker 

• image ccam:

We are doing a luau for DS's first birthday at the end of August.  The Dollar Store has a ton of luau decorations right now.  I went and grabbed a bunch of leis, cut them apart and made this with leftover cardboard...

I also bought a party package on Etsy for $35 - this includes the invitation image and a ton of decoration images / templates - banners, signs, hats, pinwheels, food labels, favor tags, cupcake wrappers, thank you notes... a ton of stuff that I can just print and cut out.  I probably won't even use half of it!

I'm also planning on using other leftover cardboard and making surf boards for behind the food table, which I'll string pictures between. 

ETA:  Our invitations says "Luca is turning one!  Join us for some luau fun!"

CUTE! Thanks for the tips! 

imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • I made a very simple and inexpensive wreath for the door out of drink umbrellas.  Google "drink umbrella wreath".  It really looks great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker