May 2013 Moms

Swimming

Have you taken your LOs swimming in a chlorinated pool yet? How did it go?

I think Im going to do this tonight unless there is a reason not to.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Swimming

• I'm wondering the same thing too, I really would like to take LO since there is an indoor pool literally right down the road. I just need to buy myself a one piece swimsuit before I go haha!!
  • b&e888b&e888
    250 Answers 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Second Anniversary
    We did, in our pool at home. He did fine, he loves water. I was worried about his skin mostly, but he did not have a reaction to the chlorine.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• image christinaw2011:
    I'm wondering the same thing too, I really would like to take LO since there is an indoor pool literally right down the road. I just need to buy myself a one piece swimsuit before I go haha!!

I hear ya on that one. No one wants to see my midsection right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We took our LO when he was 5 weeks old. It was in my in-laws' pool and he loved it. I held him for a few minutes then we put him in a small boat with some water in it and he fell asleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • megpegmegpeg
    Eighth Anniversary 250 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Love Its
    Our lo loves it! She has been in twice with no reactions but we have a salt water system and we shower her ASAP.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have taken DD2 several times and she loves it! As long as she is fed and not tired!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I took LO the other day. He did pretty good but we only lasted about 5 minutes. It was my parents pool and it was afternoon so it was full on sun and I didn't have a hat for him and since we shouldn't put sunscreen on them yet I decided to only stay out for a few minutes. Plus the water was a little chilly.

• LN1024LN1024
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 250 Love Its

image mommacakes4u:
    I took LO the other day. He did pretty good but we only lasted about 5 minutes. It was my parents pool and it was afternoon so it was full on sun and I didn't have a hat for him and since we shouldn't put sunscreen on them yet I decided to only stay out for a few minutes. Plus the water was a little chilly.

We have and M loved it! As for sunscreen, our pedi said its fine and that usually they don't recommend because parents think they are able to leave their babies out in the sun for extended periods of time.  

• pnutgpnutg
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    image LN1024:

image mommacakes4u:
    I took LO the other day. He did pretty good but we only lasted about 5 minutes. It was my parents pool and it was afternoon so it was full on sun and I didn't have a hat for him and since we shouldn't put sunscreen on them yet I decided to only stay out for a few minutes. Plus the water was a little chilly.

We have and M loved it! As for sunscreen, our pedi said its fine and that usually they don't recommend because parents think they are able to leave their babies out in the sun for extended periods of time.  

Our pedi said the same thing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was wondering the same thing cuz my in laws have a pool. Then I was wondering if I was crazy for wanting to take a 2 mo old swimming. Lol. We were over there Sun and I put his feet in. He cried the first time but seemed to enjoy it the second time. I think because the second time we went in straight from being in the air conditioning. So the temp change wasn't so drastic. But he loves his bath water. So I want to try
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic