October 2013 Moms

GTKY: Furbaby Tricks

What are some really cool tricks that your furbaby can do?

Re: GTKY: Furbaby Tricks

• gifwizgifwiz
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary
    My cat screams at me repeatedly.

• image dh13:

Mine too. They should start a kitty band.

Stefon 4Life
    imageimageimage
  • gifwizgifwiz
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary

image tmccord21:
    image dh13:
    Mine too. They should start a kitty band.

• My husky can sorta say I love you. Sometimes it's better than others but she's getting there!

And my chow/shepherd mix is a perfect specimen of a dog and that's all the tricks she needs, besides the usual sit, shake blah.

Edit to include both dogs lol
  • sit, paw, lie down.  the end. lol

• My pit can snore at ungodly decibels, Puke up whole hair ties, push me off the bed mid sleep, and steal my pillow.

Stefon 4Life
    imageimageimage
  • My cat brushes his own teeth.  Well, I do have to paste and hold the toothbrush since he doesn't have thumbs, but he does the rest - presents himself on the bathroom counter nightly to have them brushed, then puts the pasted brush to his back teeth and chews on it, switching sides too.

He also tolerates a full oral exam without restraint or struggle, but I suspect only petdoc or another vet would appreciate just how unusual that is in a cat! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • We had a kitty that would play fetch. She brought back any toy we threw. My kitty now just follows me everywhere and will jump up next to me if I scratch the covers. She's obsessed with me.

• I can't get my cats to do anything; they both yell at me...oh, I can clip their nails! Is that a trick? They both come when called also.

Both of my dogs can sit, lay down and come. My heeler mix, Pepper, can high five, shake, roll over, retrieve and drop her ball, and stay. The poodle, Snuggle, can dance...when the moment strikes her.

Pepper went to obedience school. She has her dog-torate. Big Smile

ETA spelling, I'm having issues today.

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpg
    imageimagehttp://cdn.cl9.vanillaforums.com/thebump.vanillaforums.com/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• I have a Dachshund. He can sit up and say please, roll over, shake, play dead, speak, etc.
    My tabby cat on the other hand has a mean punch! She likes to smack people right in the face.

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• My cat falls a lot, gets in the bath tub and toilet, and will only cuddle with me if I am home. If I'm not home anyone is fair game, but once I walk through the door it's over. It drives my husband crazy.

Edit: I forgot my dog learned how to open doors. I'm not really sure how I could forget that.
  • image CousinVicki:
    sit, paw, lie down. nbsp;the end. lol

That's pretty much my collie too. Except she loves to show off her high fives. She is stealth like a gazelle and can clear baby gates in
    The blink of an eye.

Stefon 4Life
    imageimageimage
  • My animal does this really cool thing where it doesn't exist.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - (g6UI)
    imageimageimage
  • image huntjul:

My cat brushes his own teeth.  Well, I do have to paste and hold the toothbrush since he doesn't have thumbs, but he does the rest - presents himself on the bathroom counter nightly to have them brushed, then puts the pasted brush to his back teeth and chews on it, switching sides too.

He also tolerates a full oral exam without restraint or struggle, but I suspect only petdoc or another vet would appreciate just how unusual that is in a cat! 

That is a really good trick! I have to trap Milo between my legs for his nightly teeth brushing. 

Milo knows come, sit, spin in both directions, and up. Milo is a cat BTW. 

Both of the dogs know come, sit, stay, shake, lay down.

Truth be told, my cat was easier to train than both of my dogs.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Uh...my dog will kill snakes or rodents on command.

• Hmmm....my dogs can sneak away when you are not looking and get up on the kitchen table for whatever may have been left there OR go into my youngest DD's room and piss on her toys. They only do it in her room. Pains in the arse I tell ya!

I'm not a dog person....my husband adopted them. I'm more a stand off'ish reclusive cat person.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

• Huntjul wins!

My cat sits. My lab high fives. My pit sits when I say "sh!t".
    image photo 2eaef296-f7c9-4c6e-b593-2d7b1bd30be0_zpsf7527119.jpg photo 607693ad-3f8c-4029-a046-214763741336_zpsfa81d31e.jpg

• image huntjul:

My cat brushes his own teeth.  Well, I do have to paste and hold the toothbrush since he doesn't have thumbs, but he does the rest - presents himself on the bathroom counter nightly to have them brushed, then puts the pasted brush to his back teeth and chews on it, switching sides too.

I'm impressed! 

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpg
    imageimagehttp://cdn.cl9.vanillaforums.com/thebump.vanillaforums.com/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• The sogs can do all the basics, plus sit pretty (he sits on his butt and lifts his paws up at us), shake, army crawl, speak, plays dead. 

One of our cats will come when she's called, the other one will play fetch.  

BFP#1 9/19/12 EDD 6/2/2013 mmc w/growth stopped at 6w1d, d/c 10/26/12 
    BFP#2 2/10/13 EDD 10/24/13
    Born 10/22/14
  • My dog sits, shakes, and gives high fives. She can also catch food mid air. She's a chunker! Lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    photo ae9d6512-aa3f-4ee3-9605-e9c1b685f0eb_zps385c8147.jpg
  • image yesthisiskim0401:

My animal does this really cool thing where it doesn't exist.

• My cats takes larger than human sized turds that singe your nose hairs.

My dog bites me when I pet him.

imageimageimageimageimage
                                NEVER FORGET

• My little puppy has learned sit, stay, paw, speak, lay down, beg and he is currently learning to ring a bell when he needs to go out
    imageimage
  • My dog can sit, stay, come, lay down, and high five. She graduated puppy class at Petsmart, we're so proud. 

She can also dig a hole several inches deep in about 5 seconds. She ignores all people food and doesn't show any interest in it even within easy reach. She can jump over the back of the couch without any kind of running start, but she thinks the baby gate is an impenetrable barrier. She is terrified of her food bowls if they aren't in her holder. And she thinks going to the vet is the best thing ever, even after surgery, shots, blood draws, and sterile bladder samples being taken. She's also an excellent prancer. 

April Sig: Bunnies
    imageimage
  • My cat will dig in the hamper to find a dirty sock or grab one of her toys and carry it downstairs to my office as a present. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage Sept Siggy: Fav TV Show
  • image awwwpuddin:
    My cats takes larger than human sized turds that singe your nose hairs. My dog bites me when I pet him.

Your cat may have megacolon or some other GI issue. Has he been examined by a veterinarian?

Biting does not sound like a very good trick for a dog (or any animal for that matter).  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Our boxer can do sit,stay, lay down, high five, low five , shake , roll over, play dead, speak.... Our Pomeranian....nothing, she is a special one!
    image photo 9cb5a67e-163c-4dd4-95a4-b6f93bb3c2de_zps944452c4.jpg
    < Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sometimes Lola breathes with her mouth closed.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Noodle's only useful tricks are rolling a ball to you with his nose when you gesture your head upward and walk over and give kisses on command.

His less amusing talents are reaching food or what he considers food at any cost including eating through my nylon suitcase and a ziploc bag to get to my prenatal vitamins, eat through a foil packet of coffee to eat that, and eating through a cardboard container to get to bread crumbs to eat.   You would think I don't feed him!

imageimage

• image taylormarie923:
    ... My pit sits when I say "sh!t".

This is my favorite one so far!

No furry animals here, I'm allergic but I LOVE dogs so much! I'll find a way to get one someday.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards