Parenting

Stolen shorts

I went to the mall today to look for shorts. Went into a store and tried a few pairs on. Hung a pair of shorts on DS's stroller and forgot about them. Totally walked out of the store with them still on the stroller.

Realized after I left and I had to take them back to the store. Oops. The lady was really nice and thanked me for not keeping them. I couldn't stop apologizing.

Lesson learned. Never hang things on a stroller.

Re: Stolen shorts

• Don't feel bad. I was at Walgreens and got quite a few things. Forgot that I let LO hold 2 mini notebooks. She kept holding them. Neither I or the cashier noticed. Didn't notice til I got to the car. I felt bad. I unloaded the stuff and quickly took LO back in with the notebooks and we just put them back up and then left lol. Was too embarassed to tell anyone.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • SpookoSpooko
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    Did this with a nightgown while I was holding DS once. 

• I had coupons for formula at Walgreens so I was buying two cans. They said one coupon was expired. I told the lady I had ones that weren't expired at home so I would just buy one can, but she never took it out of the bag. Realized as soon as I got home and DH had to go back and pay for it. Embarrassed
  • My son once stole several items from Gymboree. He pulled them into the stroller. We got to the car and I found pink leggings, shoes and shorts. We went back and the lady was shocked we returned them.
    Mom to Big Sister (2008) , and boy/girl twins (2010) Life is busy!
  • image I Heart The 80s:
    My son once stole several items from Gymboree. He pulled them into the stroller. We got to the car and I found pink leggings, shoes and shorts. We went back and the lady was shocked we returned them.

I think that was the craziest part of the stolen shorts. The lady said three or four times how surprised she was I brought them back. They didn't have an ink tag or anything, so technically I could have gotten away with keeping them. Not that I would have, but I guess a lot of people would?

I wouldn't ever be able to wear those shorts without feeling like a thief.
  • MaebbMaebb
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    It has happened more than once that I'll put a cloth napkin in a restaurant over my shoulder when I'm holding LO, and then I find it in the diaper bag later. I feel so bad! But I think most people are pretty understanding of the fact that moms are sometimes forgetful or distracted, so they realize how easily it could happen, and they're grateful when we bring it back.
  • I was grocery shopping the other day and had a couple large, heavy items on the bottom of the carriage (cat food/litter) and normally the cashier will walk around and scan them with their gun.

Instead the girl goes "Can you hold those up for me so I can scan them?  People always pretend to 'forget' items are under there".  I'm 22 weeks effin pregnant and had a tight shirt on that made it very obvious so she really ticked me off.  I told her no and that she needed to come around and scan them.