May 2013 Moms

STTN question

When your LO started sleeping for 6+ hours was it a gradual thing, like they slept 3 then 4 then 5, or was it sudden? 

Just out of sheer curiosity... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: STTN question

• I'd say he want from 3 hours to 4 after a few days at home. Then it was 6 hours a night. It varies though Somedays he gets up 3 hours some its 8.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I would like to know too. My LO gave us 2 nights of 5 hrs of sleep and I was so excited but we are back to waking every 3 hours :
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • For us, it was all of a sudden during her 6 week growth spurt.  She went from waking up two times a night (12am and 3am) to sleeping from 9:30 or 10pm to 6am.  I almost had a heart attack when I woke up the first morning... but she was quietly awake cooing at her mobile... 

She now is going to bed earlier (7:30 or 8), so she does get up at 3am again for a bottle, then goes right back down for three more hours or so.  

BFP 1: m m/c 3/2012 miss you, my baby! BFP 2:9/22/2012 DOB: 5/24/2013 It's a girl!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • RoxZ32RoxZ32
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I got 6 hours around 6 weeks. She's 9 weeks now and she giving me about 910 hours. I guess I'd say it's been a gradual change. Since you asked this question in assuming your anxiously awaiting your 6 hours it will happen soon enough and it will feel great. :

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image RoxZ32:
    I got 6 hours around 6 weeks. She's 9 weeks now and she giving me about 910 hours. I guess I'd say it's been a gradual change. Since you asked this question in assuming your anxiously awaiting your 6 hours it will happen soon enough and it will feel great. :

Haha I am! He went 5 hours between feedings last night but it started at 8:30 and I didn't go to bed till 10 so I didn't get to sleep that whole time. 

• My LO was sleeping 3 hrs right away then 4 at 2 weeks then 6 at 3 and a half weeks and 7 hrs at 5 weeks. At 7 weeks he started sleeping 8 and 9 hrs. It was definitely gradual but once he made a move up he didnt ever go backwards.
    image imageimage

• DS just started sleeping more at night over the past week (at about 9 weeks). I EBF. Prior to last week his longest stretch had been about 4 hours (which he very gradually built up to).

Here's how his long stretches went last week:

Tuesday night: 5.5 hours

Wednesday night: 4 hours

Thursday night: 2.5 hours

Friday night: 5 hours

Saturday night: 6 hours!

Sunday night (last night):7.5 hours!

I know all this because I very recently started tracking his sleep on an app on my phone. So for him the jump from 4 hours to longer happened suddenly (assuming his sleep keeps staying like this, which I hope it does!) Getting more sleep this last week has made me feel like a new woman!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickersCafeMom Tickers

• For both my boys it was sudden and consistent after the first time. They both went from waking every 3-4 hours to suddenly every 8-9 hours.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• She usually slept 3 hours then if turned to 5, it's a minimum of 8 but is usually more like 10. She started sleeping longer stetches by 7 weeks and now at 10 weeks she sleeps through the night easily.

• My LO is 10.5 weeks, EBF and is consistent at 4 hrs with a 5 or 5.5 hr stretch now and then. BUT... Last night he slept 9 hrs straight!!! I think he slept that long bc he barely took any naps at all on Sunday. So I am expecting him to go back to sleeping a few hrs as his longest stretch at night. But there will be no complaints from this momma if he wants to keep with 9 hrs.

imageimage

Me (27) DH (29) | |  

BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)

BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born May 3, 2013
  • nola78nola78
    5000 Comments 25 Love Its Second Anniversary First Answer
    Totally sudden.  One night she slept in 4-hour stretches, the next it was 8 hours.  Been like that ever since.  It was like a switch was flipped.  Very strange, but I'll take it!  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 1/10/12; EDD: 9/20/12, born too early on 5/7/12 (20w4d) due to IC/PTL/chorioamnionitis.
    BFP #2: 8/30/12; EDD: 5/9/13, emergency cerclage placed at 22w5d, dx cardiomyopathy, strict bed rest for 14 weeks. DD born at 39 weeks.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    All ALs always welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards