Parenting after a Loss

NPALR: Can I freak out here for a minute

First, my next dr appt is a week from today and my pgal brain is in overdrive. I'm praying to see a healthy LO at my ultrasound. 

Then, we currently live in a 2 bedroom condo. We bought it right before we got married and its been great. However, we have really outgrown it. The market for our place has been slow so we thought it would take awhile to sell. Well, it sold in a month. Great, right? Except for the fact that we haven't been able to find a house to move into. Cue freak out. My MIL has graciously said we can move in with her until we find somewhere which I really appreciate it. She has a huge home and the kids can each have their own room and a playroom; plus tons of land to run on. 

It makes sense, we can continue to search for our ideal home and save some money to add to the house fund. But I'm still freaking. I'm worried about how DD will react, the longer commute, and just how long it's going to take to find somewhere. We're looking for a home that will always fit us; we don't want to rush just to buy something.  

Thanks for letting me get this out there.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
BFP #1 12.5.07 DD born 8.6.08
BFP #2 6.18.11 M/C 6.26.11 @ 4w 5d
BFP #3 9.15.11 DS1 born 5.21.12
BFP #4 5.27.13 DS2 born 1.27.14

Re: NPALR: Can I freak out here for a minute

• That can be so stressful! It sounds like it will work out for the short term, though. GL!

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's great that your MIL has offered her home and you have a place where you and the kids can be comfortable. It may be a bit of an adjustment at first but I bet your LOs will enjoy being with their grandma :) 

Angel Baby: missed m/c 3/9/2009 at 8 weeks, D&C 3/13/2009 
  • That sounds extremely stressful, I can see why you are freaking out!  However, it is nice that you have a short term solution with your MIL and you have the right idea to take some time to find the right house.  That way, you won't have to move again for a good long while!  Good luck!!

***PAL April Siggy Challenge - Words to live by***

BFP #1 2/1/12, mmc 3/1/12 @ 8 weeks, D&C 3/2/12 
    LAP/Hysteroscopy 4/26/12 removed uterine septum and stage 1 endo BFP #2 7/23/12, induced at 37w1d for IUGR on 3/17/13, St. Patrick's Day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

"A bore is someone who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company" - Oscar Wilde 

• Dude, I HEAR YOU! We put ours on the market assuming we had time and it sold in 5 DAYS Indifferent. We close Aug 30th and currently have no idea where we're going. It's a great problem to have in a market like today's but it's still scary.

Hang in there, and try to stay calm (ha!) for LO's sake. Lots of good house vibes coming your way!

• You definitely have a lot going on! Good house and u/s vibes headed your way!

TTC #1 in Jan 2011, Annovulation suspected due to high glucose levels, started Metformin Sept 2011

BFP #1 01/27/2012, MC @ 5 wks

BFP #2 04/08/2012, EDD 12/19/2012, DD born 12/15/2012  

AF finally returned January 2014!

TTC#2 My Chart

BFP #3 04/15/2014  EDD 12/26/2014

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• That sounds really stressful, but it is awesome you are able to take a step back and not emotionally purchase a home.  You are saving yourself big bucks and a big headache in the long run by being so strategic!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • esdesd
    Ancient Membership 2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    image Jessiebug81:

Dude, I HEAR YOU! We put ours on the market assuming we had time and it sold in 5 DAYS Indifferent. We close Aug 30th and currently have no idea where we're going. It's a great problem to have in a market like today's but it's still scary.

Hang in there, and try to stay calm (ha!) for LO's sake. Lots of good house vibes coming your way!

huge (hugs) to you too! I hope that you find a home quickly! I'm so thankful we have somewhere to go and can take our time to find the best house for us but its still stressing me out.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP #1 12.5.07 DD born 8.6.08
    BFP #2 6.18.11 M/C 6.26.11 @ 4w 5d
    BFP #3 9.15.11 DS1 born 5.21.12
    BFP #4 5.27.13 DS2 born 1.27.14