January 2013 Moms

genetics

Is there anything your LO has obviously inherited from you? 

I have hyperhidrosis [sweaty hands and feet] and it's incredibly obvious that DD has it too. It runs in my dad's side of the family. I feel awful because it's super embarrassing, especially as a teen when you start dating and holding hands with boys. DH & I very rarely hold hands because it makes me so uncomfortable.

DD's is really bad and it's gotten much worse since she was born, I'm not sure if it's because she's older or because of the weather here in the Philippines. I was holding her hands so she could practice walking and she was slipping all over the floor her feet were so wet. 

Re: genetics

• We haven't noticed anything significant. DH has a very mild form of a bullous disease, skin blisters on his hands and feet when sweaty or with friction, and she luckily has escaped that. Her sleeping mannerisms are exactly like mine though from her movements to grunting. It's so weird to see myself reflected in her like that.

• jcar2jcar2
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    I haven't noticed anything. DH has the sweaty hands and feet and so far DS doesn't have it. Hopefully it stays that way.
    DS: BFP 5/2012, EDD 1/28/2013, born 2/2013
    Our Little Angel: BFP 1/25/2014 (EDD 10/4/2014), u/s #1 3/6/2014, u/s #2 3/18/2014 no heartbeat, mmc, miscarried 3/27/2014
    BFP 6/21/2014 (EDD 3/3/2015) Grow baby, grow!

image   image

My Chart
                                                                                    All AL Welcome 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nothing obvious other than DD1 is definitely from my side of the family -- she's a total go-getter ... and sleeps just like I do, now that she can roll -- on her belly with her arms tucked under her. Too cute. :)
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Ds is already getting my moles. So far he has 4 in the same places I do
  • I had very intense episodes of vertigo as a kid and I think ds has that as well. My mom did too.
    image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I see a lot of my temperament and personality in DS but I don't see many physical traits from me, but he has inherited his father's sensitivities and allergies. Poor boy welts up when he gets bitten by mosquitos.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's hard to say. He has some things that we both have like dimples and his chin, and then he has stuff that neither of us have like blue eyes and blonde wavy hair.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • All I've noticed is that DS has the same birthmark at the base of his hair line that DH has
    2013-01-22 15.31.11

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hyperhidrosis?  I didn't know it had a name!  DH has it and so does DD...her head also sweats when she sleeps (just like daddy's) - even with AC blasting.  So strange...I have the opposite problem where I don't sweat enough, so can overheat easily.

Very few things from me...her eyes are just like mine, her long fingernail beds, small feet (I wear size 5 and 3-6m shoes are still too big for her), loves water.  I notice more of DH's: dimples, toenails that curve over as they grow, thick feet (top to bottom, not length or width), very strong, easily frustrated, super coordinated.  I think we may have a future athlete on our hands - her new favorite thing is to throw everything she can get her hands on.

image  image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• One of the first things I noticed about F when he was born was that he has a cowlick just like I do, even on the same side as mine. I always hated mine, I could never have bangs etc. and I used to always try to flatten it. Hopefully because he's a boy he wont care so much, I think on him it's super cute and now that his hair is finally growing in it just gets cuter.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We noticed right away that LO has 2 cowlicks in the exact same place as DH. He's got my dimples and eyes. I'm pretty sure he has most of DH personality but we will see as time goes on.

• Absolutely nothing.  She is the spitting image, in every way, of DH.  If I didn't carry her for 9 months, I'd be starting to wonder if I was present at the conception :-D
    BFP 4/30/12 EDD 1/9/13 Our first!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • DD looks a lot like me, head shape, nose, mouth, brows and ears.  She also gets her size from me, big at birth and then very petite.  She has a very similar birth mark which I find funny.  One thing that I love is that she clearly has my facial expressions.  

She has DH's eyes and eyelashes and she sweats a ton in her sleep like he does.  Seriously, sleeping with the two of them is gross.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

11/2010- Diagnosed with PCOS
    BFP #1 10/10/2011 EDD 6/19/2012;Natural M/C 10/31/2011 @ 8wks
    BFP #2 5/10/2012 EDD 1/14/2013: Baby Girl born 1/12/2013
  • My h has crazy eye brows that grow every direction and her left eyebrow looks exactly like my he's left one. It's crazy. I feel bad for her. Ill have to teach her to trim or pluck it early lol
  • My DD has crazy eyebrows too...they've been in my dads side of the family for generations and she got them too! I also think some of her facial expressions are similar to my maternal grandfather, which I love because he was very important to me.

I have scoliosis and had surgery to correct it at 15 so I am going to watch her back closely as she grows...really hope she doesn't inherent that. 

• she has my cleft chin! it was the first thing i noticed when i saw her :)

maybe that's why i think she looks so much like me? i def think she looks like my side of the family....she also snorts a lot (as do i) and i had pretty big eyes as a baby....

according to my mil, she's an early developer like dh...and has hair like dh did, and everything is like dh...so who knows...we'll see as she grows up and her personality develops.... 

• image this decaf life:
    Is there anything your LO has obviously inherited from you?nbsp;I have hyperhidrosis [sweaty hands and feet] and it's incredibly obvious that DD has it too. It runs in my dad's side of the family. I feel awful because it's super embarrassing, especially as a
    teen when you start dating and
    holding hands with boys. DH amp; I
    very rarely hold hands because it
    makes me so uncomfortable.DD's is really bad and it's gotten
    much worse since she was born, I'm not sure if it's because she's older o
    r because of the weather here in the Philippines. I was holding her hands so she could practice walking and she was slipping all over the floor her feet
    were so wet.nbsp;

My golden hair she has more gold strands now!!
  • image TarHeelMomToBe:

Very few things from me...her eyes are just like mine, her long fingernail beds, small feet (I wear size 5 and 3-6m shoes are still too big for her), loves water.  I notice more of DH's: dimples, toenails that curve over as they grow, thick feet (top to bottom, not length or width), 

DD has the tiniest feet! I don't know where she got that from because I have huge feet and DH's family has normal feet [in terms of length.] DH's family have very distinct looking feet. Long big toe, even longer second toe [I just can't believe how long her second toes are] and then the last 3 toes are almost the same length. There is a HUGE gap between her big & second toes and her heel is very, very thin. 

I could easily pick DD out of a line-up if I were just looking at feet prints. 

And I have to add [because growing up I was super embarrassed by my hyperhidrosis] that remember it's something that she might also be embarrassed by. My mom didn't really "get it" so she always tried to force me into playing games at summer camp that involved holding hands and I would literally get teary about it and wouldn't play. Sometimes it's just easier to let the kid sit out and not make it big deal, I obviously didn't want to hold people's hands but I also didn't want to have to explain why.

Oh & also DD is going to have some massive eyebrows too! I have big ones, DH has HUGE ones and DD's look pretty sizeable already.  

• image dkmc4ever:
    Absolutely nothing.  She is the spitting image, in every way, of DH.  If I didn't carry her for 9 months, I'd be starting to wonder if I was present at the conception :-D

This is true for both my kids!! :/

Dd was born with super dark hair but it's lightened up a lot. I think she might have gotten my red hair. Too bald to tell for sure!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • DS already has my husband's receding hair line, and my monkey toes. lol Just remember that things could always be worse. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ObLaDiObLaDi
    2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Love Its First Answer
    DS has some basic physical traits from each of us. He has a mystery cleft chin. I have syndactyly, which is partially joined second and third toes; he didn't get it.

In terms of behavior, he unfortunately has my sleep habits. My mom always talked about how I was up every 90 minutes for 18 months. I always thought she was exaggerating, but so far DS is doing an excellent reenactment.