Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

sad moment at work

hey guys, just had to get some thoughts out there. I am a nurse and work in the ED. Since my mc i have been fortunate enough to avoid other women who are pregnant or miscarrying. Today though i had a patient who was miscarrying and it just tore at my heartstrings and opened everything back up for me. I felt bad for her, bad for me. Just wanted to give her a hug and lay in the gurney with her. I know i cant but thats how i felt. Anyways just had to get the memory off my chest. Im praying for her and for us all. I hope we all get lucky soon and get our rainbow babies!!

Married my best friend 4/19/2013

BFP #1: April 12 2013 w/ EDD Dec 23, 2013, MC May 31, 2013

BFP #2: August 30 2013 w/ EDD May 20, 2014, MC Sept 27,2013

We will always miss you Angel babies Rue and Seahorse! Until we meet again

photo december1_thumb.jpgimagephoto mayloss_thumb.jpg

BFP #3: November 25, 2013 w/ EDD July 31,2014 (acc. to OB) - A/S went great! Go baby go!

baby development

All AL WELCOME

Re: sad moment at work

• I'm so sorry for your loss, as well as the girl you were taking care of. That must have been a rough moment at work. Even though you can't give her that hug and lay in the gurney, if there is any chance you are in contact with her again you may be able to at least ease her pain a little by sharing your story and directing her towards the boards.

Sending hugs to you today! 

• That's so difficult!! Hugs to you and her. I don't think I could have been as strong in that position. I hope that you don't have to experience that situation again anytime soon.

BFP 06/05/2013 | EDD 02/10/2014 | D&C 07/12/2013
  • T&P for you.

During my DNC my anesthesiologist opened up to me about her 2 losses and it really helped.  

• I'm so sorry for your loss and sorry you had to go through that.  :(  I can't even imagine trying to comfort someone else while you're still dealing with your own loss.
  • Thanks for all the coments guys. Unfortunately i was too focused on making sure she was ok medically and too shell shocked at the situation that i didnt really have time to get personal. I wish i had, im sure it would have been comforting for both her and I. It was definitely a learning experience. Hopefully next time that happens at work, ill be able to be brave enough to put myself out there for the next girl. :)

Married my best friend 4/19/2013

BFP #1: April 12 2013 w/ EDD Dec 23, 2013, MC May 31, 2013

BFP #2: August 30 2013 w/ EDD May 20, 2014, MC Sept 27,2013

We will always miss you Angel babies Rue and Seahorse! Until we meet again

photo december1_thumb.jpgimagephoto mayloss_thumb.jpg

BFP #3: November 25, 2013 w/ EDD July 31,2014 (acc. to OB) - A/S went great! Go baby go!

baby development

All AL WELCOME

• My heart goes out to you and to that poor girl. :(