Cloth Diapering

NCDR

I agree with MK, board is boring lately. Even more boring than my BMB. (Sorry Jme). So, play or don't, but here's my attempt to liven it up.

What are you most looking forward to in the remaining summer weeks? Trips? Vacation time? New baby?

OR, for the dramz, 

What is the most annoying thing you've read/heard/seen lately, IRL or online?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Re: NCDR

• I'll play.

I'm looking forward to family. We have family gatherings the next two weekends and my sister will be visiting later on.

Most disturbing thing I've read, mostly the things posted on the baby shower board. It never fails to amaze me.
  • What are you most looking forward to in the remaining summer weeks? Trips? Vacation time? New baby?

DH just took his last vacation week for the summer. We didn't "do" anything exciting, but spent time together and with the new baby.  It was fun enough for us! But no upcoming excitement in our summer, except LO trying to roll over, lol.  I go back to teaching in less than a month...yuck! Hoping others have more exciting plans.

Being as I have no fun summer plans coming up, I've been immersed in more internet perusing and TV watching...

BB15...anyone watching?

George Zimmerman trial FB status reactions

My cousin's insane fiance who recently lost 100 pounds through a tummy tuck and is now criticizing fat people for being ugly.  Sigh.

• image sarenu1:
    I'll play. I'm looking forward to family. We have family gatherings the next two weekends and my sister will be visiting later on. Most disturbing thing I've read, mostly the things posted on the baby shower board. It never fails to amaze me.

Lol, I know...that board either makes me hate on myself or side eye the hilarious defenses people put up about their questions. I live in the Midwest, and it seems like most of the "rules" of the BSB don't really take hold as much here.  Or at least no one cares enough to shun those who break them.

• megpegmegpeg
    Eighth Anniversary 250 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Love Its
    We aren't doing anything this summer. We have a pool and have been having a blast in it this summer. DD went swimming for the first time last night and smiled the whole time. For the record the pool is over 90 degrees so it is like a bath or I would not take DD in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm looking forward to the birth of my first two blessings :)

Most annoying thing: the fixation of Zimmerman and Trayvon. There is so much more injustice in the country... and Its not like people outside that voting area are going to be able to change anything about those laws.  

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
  • image bookitup:

image sarenu1:
    I'll play. I'm looking forward to family. We have family gatherings the next two weekends and my sister will be visiting later on. Most disturbing thing I've read, mostly the things posted on the baby shower board. It never fails to amaze me.

Lol, I know...that board either makes me hate on myself or side eye the hilarious defenses people put up about their questions. I live in the Midwest, and it seems like most of the "rules" of the BSB don't really take hold as much here.  Or at least no one cares enough to shun those who break them.

I agree! no one around me really seems to care about etiquette  

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
  • Yay!!
    And congrats on the little guy sarenu!

We picked out our goats yesterday, so we should have them Sunday. The lady was super nice so we'll be learning alot from her. She also said everyone is welcome to her garden, so I need to make use of it for sure!

3 months left til our boy comes. I feel like this house will never be ready! It probably doesn't help that I keep adding projects for myself lol. But I feel like there's so little time left! It'll be fun having a baby around, and I'm excited, I just want him to take his time lol

No trips this year, but we are hoping to have a party at our place next month. Meg, I'm jealous of your pool! We have one but can't seem to get it opened. DH is having issues w the pump and he's been working so much he hasn't had the time to devote to it.

Now I feel boring lol.

B SIL continues to be the bane of my existence. Anything I hear concerning her disturbs me lol

I don't watch or read the news, so I can't give any educated comments on any of that.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image katiebenes:
    image bookitup:

image sarenu1:
    I'll play.

I'm looking forward to family. We have family gatherings the next two weekends and my sister will be visiting later on.

Most disturbing thing I've read, mostly the things posted on the baby shower board. It never fails to amaze me.

I agree! no one around me really seems to care about etiquette  

Actually I live in the Midwest as well. I've never been invited to a second baby shower or to one that was hosted by the mother to be. I didn't even know these things actually happened until reading that board.

Someone did ask me if I was going to have a second shower now. My answer, nope. I actually only need a handful of items and most of them I've bought over the last few months, or used. I also have a wonderful manager that is moving on and he sent me all his boy clothes, so I have a great start on that.
  • JmeJmeJmeJme
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Fifth Anniversary
    Ha! Yes, it's boring here, and our BMB is completely dead as well...I've been hanging out on our FB page instead.

Um...I've got nothing fun planned. Sad.

I like to read the drama on the BS board or even the tri boards...I completely stay out of it, but it's got it's entertainment value while trying to get fussy baby back to sleep.

I'm also from the Midwest, never been to a baby shower hosted by the MTB, and only been to one for a STM because it was a 12 year age gap and she had adopted the first time and didnt get one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm excited about/dreading our upcoming move. Having a house built is turning into the project from hell. The builder very confidently gave us a closing date of July 24 and now they're telling us that's probably not possible, and they can't give us a new closing date til the end of the month. And we already have a renter so we're going to be moving to a hotel for some unknown period of time. Fun, fun. I can't decide whether to bring our CDs or not. I halfheartedly tried to PT over the weekend to get rid of that question, it was mildly successful but then LO got sick so we went back to diapers. Not sure I want to have a barely-trained LO with all that excitement anyway.
    Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • What are you most looking forward to in the remaining summer weeks? Trips? Vacation time? New baby?

I'm looking forward to getting my wrist cast off and being able to change LOs CDs again! Yes, that is how sad things are around here. Super boring summer.

OR, for the dramz,

Mariah Carey and her slings. Apparently she dislocated her shoulder. She changed slings 3 times in one night, one was mink, one was bedazzled, and one was feathered. And people keep sending it to me. I guess they think my sling isn't fabulous enough. Effing ridiculous.

ETA: You know what? I totally lied I am looking forward to LO's bday party in 3 weeks. I am by no means prepared for her to be a whole year old. But I'm excited about her party.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

imageimageimage
  • image bookitup:

I agree with MK, board is boring lately. Even more boring than my BMB. (Sorry Jme). So, play or don't, but here's my attempt to liven it up.

What are you most looking forward to in the remaining summer weeks? Trips? Vacation time? New baby?

we don't have any trips planned, but I'm VERY EXCITED for the weather to not be so freakin hot around here. Poor M has been stuck inside most of his 12 weeks here on earth because its like 100 degrees outside. Boo!

im excited to take him for walks and just be outside. 

OR, for the dramz, 

Obesity is a disease now. Umm, what? Makes me crazy. My boss is very overweight, husband is really big (getting beriatric surgery soon) and I saw a recent picture of their four year old who is on her way to being obese. It makes me sad for the little girl but INFURIATED to see her mom/my boss pull a bag of twizzlers from her desk drawer and chow down. Exercise and eat some fruit!!

okay, rant over. Lol 

ETA I really think things would be livened up with ITK back.  

ETA to add one more thing: not that any of you aren't fun, but that's why we wanted her for our mod, right? :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• image bookitup:

What are you most looking forward to in the remaining summer weeks? Trips? Vacation time? New baby? We're going to the cottage with friends this weekend and all through next week. None of our friends with kids can make it this year, so that's kind of sad. I'll be happy to see everybody though.

OR, for the dramz, 

What is the most annoying thing you've read/heard/seen lately, IRL or online? One of my FB friends is vegan and won't stop posting disgusting photos of mangled animal carcasses all over her wall which I in turn have to see on my News Feed. I have no problem with the vegan lifestyle, I have several vegan friends who post delicious recipes and offer ideas for tasty vegan alternatives or post links to informative websites, or jokes. I'm all for promoting a cause you feel passionate about but I'm also a firm believer in attracting more flies with honey than vinegar. Posting obscenely rude comments about people who don't follow your lifestyle and photos of live animals laying in cages next to rotting dead ones does not make me want to listen to what you have to say; case in point, she lost one audience member when I deleted her as a contact.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• image littleredfish:
    image bookitup:

What are you most looking forward to in the remaining summer weeks? Trips? Vacation time? New baby? We're going to the cottage with friends this weekend and all through next week. None of our friends with kids can make it this year, so that's kind of sad. I'll be happy to see everybody though.

OR, for the dramz, 

What is the most annoying thing you've read/heard/seen lately, IRL or online? One of my FB friends is vegan and won't stop posting disgusting photos of mangled animal carcasses all over her wall which I in turn have to see on my News Feed. I have no problem with the vegan lifestyle, I have several vegan friends who post delicious recipes and offer ideas for tasty vegan alternatives or post links to informative websites, or jokes. I'm all for promoting a cause you feel passionate about but I'm also a firm believer in attracting more flies with honey than vinegar. Posting obscenely rude comments about people who don't follow your lifestyle and photos of live animals laying in cages next to rotting dead ones does not make me want to listen to what you have to say; case in point, she lost one audience member when I deleted her as a contact.

that is really annoying. My FIL will purposely ask "does that have meat or dairy in it" to a waiter about a salad that obviously only contains lettuce just so he can then say "because I'm vegan". SUPER annoying! And he cheats and eats dairy all the time 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic