August 2011 Moms

My kid is a riot.

Plain and simple. Tonight while I was making dinner she ran into the kitchen, stopped, and asked, "Mama, whatcha making?" I couldn't believe it. I don't know why this is so shocking to me, but it is. This is something a big kid says, not my little baby!

It was so hot again today that DH was in the shower by 7:15 and I needed one too. I took DD in with me and when we were done we just stayed upstairs. All three of us laid on the bed in our room and DD was downright bossy. "You, close your eyes. You too, daddo." But also, she does not stop moving. I was getting that anxious feeling as she was climbing all over us and the bed. She couldn't settle down for even half a second. The good news is that she didn't make a peep tonight when we put her to bed. Normally there's about 30 minutes of crying and jabbering.

Re: My kid is a riot.

• LOL so cute. 

Jason has taken to calling me mom which I am not a fan of at all. The newest thing he does right now, is if I start to get testy with him (after telling him a million times to stop jumping off the couch) he'll come over and give me a hug and say "It's okay, Mom." Oh, well thanks bud lol. This age is pretty great, give or take the 5-10 temper tantrums a day.  

• Aw, what a doll!

I'm whispering this, but there haven't been too many tantrums lately. I'm sure I jinxed myself, especially with DH leaving town for a business trip this week, but we'll see.

I get called mom once in a while too. I don't like it.

She's also in a big "Look at me" stage. Except she can't pronounce Ls, so it comes out as Wook. I hear wook all day long.  "Wook, mama, wook!"

• These kids are freaking cute!

I wish I could have a helmet cam on DD during the day.  She's hilarious.  Just recently she's started calling us by our first names.  Funny thing is, she doesn't use my name she says "honey" because that's what she hears SO call me.  So I hear "Mommy, mama-honey, honnnneeeyyy".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's too funny, Crash. I love the "watch me" phase.

Cootie, Sophia will call me mom only when she sees this one commercial on Disney.

Sophia's new thing is "Are you okay?"

Or if she falls she automatically says "I'm okay". Of course she doesn't say it that clear.
  • image kjgilhoo:
    These kids are freaking cute!I wish I could have a helmet cam on DD during the day. nbsp;She's hilarious. nbsp;Just recently she's started calling us by our first names. nbsp;Funny thing is, she doesn't use my name she says "honey" because that's what she hears SO call me. nbsp;So I hear "Mommy, mamahoney, honnnneeeyyy".
    When Ds was 3ish he called us by our first names for months. It was cute at first. At first......
  • Very cute! Glad that she slept well for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Well hey good thing she wouldn't stop moving so at least you knew where she was and what she was doing while you had your eyes closed :)

I love this age <3 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Love all of these!

Yesterday, DD followed me into the bathroom (you know, like usual) and when I was finished, she looked into the toilet and said "You potty, mommy! Good job!" While I would like to pee alone, it's kind of nice to have a cheerleader.