October 2013 Moms

Mosquito Bite Help

What do you use to stop mosquito bites from itching?? I was attacked by an angry hoard at some point and I have, no joke, 10 bites in a 4 sq inch area on my lower back/hip. I tried the benadryl bug bite stuff and the soap trick I saw on pinterest (FYI, it doesn't work). Anyone have any more natural remedies that actually help?
image image Quartermisses  

Re: Mosquito Bite Help

• Calydryl Clear.  I use that for DD when she gets bit and it keeps her from itching.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimageimage
  • Hydrocortisone cream.  Yep, safe for preggos according to webmd and I can vouch for it working.  We have lots of Mosquitos here, much to my itching dismay.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • image sfshorter:

Calydryl Clear.  I use that for DD when she gets bit and it keeps her from itching.

This was actually my preferred method, as well, but I can't find Calydryl here. Washington is the devil.  

• image huntjul:
    Hydrocortisone cream.  Yep, safe for preggos according to webmd and I can vouch for it working.  We have lots of Mosquitos here, much to my itching dismay.

And I think I have some from diaper rash days. Trying that now, thanks! 

• Dip a small spoon in very hot water and touch the back to the top of the bites. Yes, it burns, but it takes the itch away for awhile.

Sisters:  Now and then.

imageimage

Elijah's 1st day of Kindergarten!
  • image kirbabe:
    Dip a small spoon in very hot water and touch the back to the top of the bites. Yes, it burns, but it takes the itch away for awhile.

This! I've heard it really works and H swears by it.
  • image huntjul:
    Hydrocortisone cream. nbsp;Yep, safe for preggos according to webmd and I can vouch for it working. nbsp;We have lots of Mosquitos here, much to my itching dismay.
    i use this too
                                                    July Siggy Challenge: Babies aren't dogs
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (i6OZ)
  • RedZeeRedZee
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its Name Dropper

Tea tree oil, lavender oil, calendula. I think I read apple cider vinegar also helps. Google it, you'll fine a bunch of things.

Calendula is also great for most rashes and skin things a baby might get. We use it all the time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • elllafelllaf
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    My sister and I used to make a paste with water and baby powder. We were kids and were pretty much just playing around by no joke it stopped the itching! Just apply it with a q tip.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image quartermisses:
    image sfshorter:

Calydryl Clear.  I use that for DD when she gets bit and it keeps her from itching.

This was actually my preferred method, as well, but I can't find Calydryl here. Washington is the devil.  

Har you tried Walmart? I have some calydryl that I either got from there or Fred meyers
    imageimage

• I heard somewhere that Orajel works to stop the itching. 
    Never tried it though.

Stefon 4Life
    imageimageimage
  • I'm allergic to mosquito bites. Nothing of the above ever worked for me. But one day I found Burt's bees ResQ. It's in a small round tin. And it says its for skin irritations. The stuff is awesome. Makes the bites stop itching and swelling. I keep it with me at all times!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • i was reading about epsom salts (lol) and it said you can make a paste with that to help itching

• Rubbing alcohol helps also. I get huge welts from mosquito red ant bites.
  • I have done this since I was 12 an it always works....

Dig or press your nail in to make a line, then again to make an x over the bite. It always stops itching after that. Simple enough.
  • AjoydAjoyd
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    Burt's Bees makes an insect bite stick. I love it!

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
  • image Jaycarmelxo:
    image quartermisses:
    image sfshorter:

Har you tried Walmart? I have some calydryl that I either got from there or Fred meyers

I pride myself on not once stepping foot in Walmart since getting here. FTW.

And Fred Meyer isn't close. I might try tomorrow if I can work up the energy.  

• image CousinVicki:
    i was reading about epsom salts (lol) and it said you can make a paste with that to help itching

Haha, I think Epsom salt has a new spokesperson.  

• image KuhaBaby:
    I have done this since I was 12 an it always works....

Dig or press your nail in to make a line, then again to make an x over the bite. It always stops itching after that. Simple enough.

Ditto

• Clear nail polish. I swear it works! Just paint it in over the bite. You can peel it off in a few hours won't itch again
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image pmarie33:
    image KuhaBaby:
    I have done this since I was 12 an it always works.... Dig or press your nail in to make a line, then again to make an x over the bite. It always stops itching after that. Simple enough.
    Ditto

Tritto.  Also, a dab of toothpaste.  Not the gel, but the actual paste. 

• image sooner1981:

image pmarie33:
    image KuhaBaby:
    I have done this since I was 12 an it always works....

Ditto

So excited to see that I'm not the only one!!
  • I have a few bites and I used the numbing spray stuff that I was given in the hospital after delivery- can't remember the name? Anyway, it worked lol!

imageimageimage

• image quartermisses:
    image Jaycarmelxo:
    image quartermisses:
    image sfshorter:

I pride myself on not once stepping foot in Walmart since getting here. FTW.

And Fred Meyer isn't close. I might try tomorrow if I can work up the energy.  

Good choice, Walmart is awful.
    imageimage

• StingEze is definitely the best. Works like a charm.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Kenzie born October 9th, 2013
  • image KuhaBaby:
    image sooner1981:

image pmarie33:
    image KuhaBaby:
    I have done this since I was 12 an it always works.... Dig or press your nail in to make a line, then again to make an x over the bite. It always stops itching after that. Simple enough.
    Ditto

So excited to see that I'm not the only one!!

My husband always does the x thing. I just tried it after the hydrocortisone  cream failed, and it didn't work either. I'll give toothpaste a try when I go upstairs!