August 2013 Moms

Lets talk about sex

Is this TMI? I'm kind of an open book so I hope this thread is ok to post.

DH had sex today for the first time in far too long. I've been too scared/not feeling sexy/etc to try.

I felt like a virgin today. Thank God for lube. DH has been so sweet and supportive.

Are you all still keeping up with that part of your relationship? Any tips? Any embarrassing stories?  

I am just so relieved I didn't feel her kick me during our time..I knew if I felt that I'd be done for.  

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List

Re: Lets talk about sex

• It's been few and far between lately. LO is down low, so it's not comfortable, and it just weirds me out when he starts kicking mid-deed. Plus I end up w/ some pretty intense BH after, so....it's not great. I've been trying to find other ways to ::cough:: help DH out.
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • My SO is totally grossed out when it comes to having sex. I have showed him many articles saying how sex is safe at this time and even articles about what positions would be best. He won't do it... Very annoying. I never thought he would be this way, I hope it goes back to normal soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • MMS88MMS88 member
    A few times a week. It's wierd and awkward sometimes but it doesn't bother either of us. DD doesn't get active until after we DTD.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're still DTD 1 to 2 times per week.

One time we tried him on top for a minute or two and he apparently put too much pressure on my belly and I [unknowingly] peed the bed. Not quite a full bladder, but close. Since then we always put a towel down.

Best advice? Go pee IMMEDIATELY beforehand [and of course afterwards, too].

• Nope. Definitely not happening.
    image"">imageimageimage

• Last time we tried, I was on top and we both watched as LO shoved her elbow across my belly... We stopped shortly after. We both have a good humor so we just kind of giggled about it, we haven't tried again since. 

ETA: I also get some serious BH after, last time we were able to "complete" the deed, I didn't move for a couple hours and was in tears... While FI was snoring in my ear. 

A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • We did a few times in 2nd tri, but it just weirded us both out.  It's been a while.  I'd like to try around 38/39 weeks though, see if it does anything.
    photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• We are at about 3 to 4 a week. I would probably be good with 1 or 2 but I think DH is thinking about 6 plus weeks of no sex afterwards and also heard in our birthing class that it can help stuff along. That was all the encouragement he needed.

We used lube for the first time last night and wow what a difference. I still feel fat and rolly polley but we just kind of have fun with it and laugh at ourselves.
  • SO and I are still dtd at least every other day. It's just alot more work now and have to take things slower. But last night he said he felt like he was hitting a wall and it actually hurt him in some positions. Has this happened to any of you ladies?
  • KMck27KMck27 member
    We have been pretty active but this morning was rough. It was like others said uncomfortable. The baby must have rolled in a ball or something bc my stomach was totally lopsided and there was a ton of pressure in the one area. That made sex not fun at all and DH totally picked up that i was not enjoying it. We switched positions a bunch and it just wasnt working for me. We eventually quit and I just helped him out if you know what I'm saying. I'm sure we will keep trying until it is just a total loss
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I wish. Bf is to scared ill go into labor if we have sex. Its been a long two months. I cant wait till i can do very dirty things to him. But lo needs to make it to 40 weeks then i need to heal.
  • We manage about once a week but its just managing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Random addition to the thread. What positions are working for everyone?
    We always seem to be on our side.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I feel like it is about 2 to 3 times per week. I am trying to keep it up in hopes that it will help things along. It is awkward but DH is s sweety!
  • I can't even remember the last time we DTD! That long! It's really just too painful and he works late hours so I'm already dead to the world when he comes home. When we were able to doggy style worked. Though to me it felt like cow style. DH is very patient about it though and supportive. I honestly can't wait to DTD without all these crazy changes, hormones, and extra weight!

image image  image  image

• We've literally had sex 3 times since getting pregnant.  First tri we were super paranoid about 'disrupting' things and after that baby started moving and it kind of freaked DH out.  Now we just can't find a good position.  Guess it'll have to wait...

• We had a rough patch where everything seemed awkward and painful. But it seems to be better now!
  • imagebeckyanddon:
    Random addition to the thread. What positions are working for everyone? We always seem to be on our side.

Me on top, or, since we have an adjustable base, missionary still works as long as he doesn't lay on my belly. 

Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • We had sex this weekend...first time in weeks. My sex drive went waaaay down when I got pregnant and my DH hasn't initiated because he knows I feel uncomfortable. I sometimes feel guilty but he doesn't complain.  As soon as we finished LO started kicking me which was a little weird.  Sex definitely isn't a priority right now.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Very rare here...maybe once every other week. Will probably ramp it up at 38 weeks or so to help things move along and soften the cervix. Usually I'm on top. Feel like a beached whale though...lol. if baby moves then we get weirded out and stop usually. She is very low right now in posterior, head down position....so haven't tried in a while.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imagebeckyanddon:
    Random addition to the thread. What positions are working for everyone? We always seem to be on our side.

I hate side lying positions. I don't know why, haha. So, it's either me on top or from behind. Honestly, from behind has been the most comfortable for me. It takes all the weight off my belly and there is no weirdness about either of us feeling the baby move in this position.  

"The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • We don't have sex much because I "feel like a virgin" every time, even with lube. So we usually just do other things. I found out the other day you can actually by the lube like they use at the doctors, so we may try that out.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Sex sounds like the most horrible thing ever to me right now... and DH isn't really pushing it, so I'm basically a born again virgin.
  • imageJill9288:
    It's been few and far between lately. LO is down low, so it's not comfortable, and it just weirds me out when he starts kicking mid-deed. Plus I end up w/ some pretty intense BH after, so....it's not great. I've been trying to find other ways to ::cough:: help DH out.

This exactly. 

• imagelkobriant:
    We've literally had sex 3 times since getting pregnant.nbsp; First tri we were super paranoid about 'disrupting' things and after that baby started moving and it kind of freaked DH out.nbsp; Now we just can't find a good position.nbsp; Guess it'll have to wait...

This is pretty much us, too..
  • imageLiylaRae:
    SO and I are still dtd at least every other day. It's just alot more work now and have to take things slower. But last night he said he felt like he was hitting a wall and it actually hurt him in some positions. Has this happened to any of you ladies?

Even before pregnancy this happened with us, and it was more painful for me than him.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • The only reason we will be sexin it up more often here in the next few weeks is due to the fact, it can help kick start labor.
  • The third trimester its only been like 1x a week, maybe twice.

The last couple weeks have been rough.  Between me being exhausted and finding a position that actually is pleasurable for me, its kinda been a chore for me.

• RK125RK125 member

imagemrssamarataylor:
    I can't even remember the last time we DTD! That long! It's really just too painful and he works late hours so I'm already dead to the world when he comes home. When we were able to doggy style worked. Though to me it felt like cow style. DH is very patient about it though and supportive. I honestly can't wait to DTD without all these crazy changes, hormones, and extra weight!

Same here. My drive is high, but h is just not feeling it. It's not really a huge deal because I don't mind helping myself out if need be.  

• Its still happening every week approx. And lately I become so swollen & crampy that it almost doesnt make it worth the troubles.
  • Sex? What's that? It's been so long I'm not sure I remember how to DTD! I got a UTI after sex in the second tri and another as soon as my ob cleared us to go again. So we've been doing "other" things... Enjoyable but not the same.
  • 2 to 3x a week. Doggie style or him standing while im lying on bed. Hasnt been too awkward and he has needs. He wnt be getting any for a while afterwards.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're between 1 and 3 times a week. Some good positions: current fave: up against the wall (well hardly up against it anymore.. I lean on my forearms and bend); others that work well with the bump: doggie, me on top, side laying (it's practical, but not my fave), semi-missionary (I stack pillows behind me so I'm half sitting up. The first time we tried this was amazing because we hadn't tried missionary in SO long).

• We're between 1 and 3 times a week. Some good positions: current fave: up against the wall well hardly up against it anymore.. I lean on my forearms and bend; others that work well with the bump: doggie, me on top, side laying it's practical, but not my fave, semimissionary I stack pillows behind me so I'm half sitting up. The first time we tried this was amazing because we hadn't tried missionary in SO long."

Are the pillows under your back or hips? I'd really like to switch things up from always side lying.
  • Only once since I've been PG. it was on Mother's Day when we were showering together. My DH feels uncomfortable having sex knowing our little girl is inside. He says it has nothing to do with me or the physical changes my body is going thru while being PG. he just can't get into the mood when he thinks of the baby every time he looks at me. 

I took the no sex thing very hard for awhile but finally just stopped worrying. I just tell myself that when it does finally happen after LO is born it will be like the first time. Which will be exciting and special. It's like being a virgin until marriage. No sex til after bAby.  

• we are down to about once a week.. half the time its super great and the other half its awkward and uncomfortable- those times we have to constantly change positions but something always works out in the end.. I suppose its been about a week since the last time.. and I had some verrry slight bleeding afterwards so he's been hesitant about it.. and now my pelvis has separated so I'm not sure that it will feel good for me at all at this point.. always willing to try! ;)

as far as positions, we have found what works best with my big ole belly(and is the least work for both of us) is this one- The-Kneeling-Fox ('cept instead of being on all fours I'm usually on my knees as well.) teehee.

• The first time in like two months we have sex and all hell breaks loose.

-DH put his hand on my belly and one of the twins kicked him. Weirded him out.

-Two words: Vaginal Discharge. Ick, ick, ick. Something he never wanted to see on his body parts.

-I had gas and he put pressure on just the right spot. He about puked. I was laughing so hard I couldnt stop farting and was dying that it even happened.

In short, I dont think we will be having sex for a long, long time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"