October 2013 Moms

GTKY- Year old wedding cake.

2»

Re: GTKY- Year old wedding cake.

• imageBrittlentz:
    The bakery we used gave us a complimentary small cake on our one year anniversary instead of having to save it! I feel like they should all do this. It was divine!

This is what our bakery did, too.  They gave us a certificate for the small cake and just had to redeem it for our anniversary.

image  imageimage image

O13 March Siggy Contest: AnArChY (I do what I want- & I want FOUR GIFS!)

• elllafelllaf member
    imageSkyjewell23:
    imageCousinVicki:

imagetaylormarie923:
    imageCousinVicki:
    i actually agree with batmandi. nbsp;i totally judge pregnant alcohol drinkers. nbsp;nbsp;
    For one glass of wine? Next you'll be saying you want to give your 6 month old an iPad.

it's just a completely unnecessary thing to do .  i feel like people do it just to flout conventional wisdom "look at ME drinking WINE!"    kinda eye-rollish either way. 

Did you miss the part where it's my first anniversary? So it wasn't exactly to "flout conventional wisdom" it was to have a toast with my husband with our wedding glasses. If you want to judge me for that go for it, 

I will say I definitely enjoyed that glass of wine though. Worth going on CV's hit list. 

I agree with CV. I'm majorly eye rolling that your excuse is your 1st anniversary...?

Did you miss the sparkling cider aisle in the store?

I'm sure your LO will be fine but its just unnecessary like CV said.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageelllaf:
    imageSkyjewell23:
    imageCousinVicki:

imagetaylormarie923:
    imageCousinVicki:
    i actually agree with batmandi. nbsp;i totally judge pregnant alcohol drinkers. nbsp;nbsp;

For one glass of wine? Next you'll be saying you want to give your 6 month old an iPad.

it's just a completely unnecessary thing to do .  i feel like people do it just to flout conventional wisdom "look at ME drinking WINE!"    kinda eye-rollish either way. 

Did you miss the part where it's my first anniversary? So it wasn't exactly to "flout conventional wisdom" it was to have a toast with my husband with our wedding glasses. If you want to judge me for that go for it, 

I will say I definitely enjoyed that glass of wine though. Worth going on CV's hit list. 

I agree with CV. I'm majorly eye rolling that your excuse is your 1st anniversary...?

Did you miss the sparkling cider aisle in the store?

I'm sure your LO will be fine but its just unnecessary like CV said.

Personally I see nothing wrong with a glass of wine here and there during pregnancy. I chose to have a glass on my anniversary. I am absolutely 100 positive my child will be fine. You disagree. Cool.

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is the point where I graciously bow out to continue to enjoy my anniversary with my husband. Have fun ladies.

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageWhenInRome11:

We had a croquembouche, french wedding cake, and we didn't think any would hold up well in the freezer.

I did however, put on my wedding dress on our first anniversary. It still fit! I didn't even try this year though, on account of the bump. 

We also had a croquembouche! I've never met anyone else who had one for their wedding. Are you French?

And to answer the question, no we didn't keep the croquembouche for our 1 year anniversary. However, MIL was h3ll bent on us having an American wedding cake and saving the top tier for the year. So she bought a two tiered cake for the rehearsal and then saved the top tier for us all year (we were living 8 hours away at the time and couldn't bring it down with us). She gave it to us on our anniversary and it was disgusting. She also was determined that we have a cake topper, "so that we could display it in our house." Bought one for us AND a glass dome to display it even though we insisted we wouldn't be displaying it. ::eyeroll:: 

Oh and the cake topper broke. Oops.

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
  • We had a bite of our cake and it was gross too. I went back to the bakery and ordered a small cake of our wedding cake since we never had a chance to eat it on our wedding day. We only had the piece we fed each other so I am looking forward to having our wedding cake after a year
  • I did not freeze mine well at all and it was so gross! You could still taste the remnants of what used to be super delicious cake but it had so much freezer burn it was awful.

• imagehuntjul:
    My mother works at a bakery and provided our wedding cake for us on the condition that we NOT follow this tradition because it would taste gross. nbsp;She promised instead to give us a replica top tier, freshly baked, for our first anniversary. nbsp;It was sooo tasty.My mother is awesome!nbsp;

Yes
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebtimes3:
    We had an amazing wedding cake dark chocolate cake with cannoli cream filling but a horrible wedding venue.nbsp; They kept taking our food away when we'd barely eaten it.nbsp; DH and I cut the cake, we each fed the other a bite, and by the time the picturetaking was done our cake had been sliced up and served other than the top tier.nbsp; We didn't get to taste any more until our first anniversary, so there was no way we weren't going to at least taste it.nbsp; Fortunately, it was good even after being frozen for a year.

I want that cake now. It sounds delicious!
  • Our 1 year is August 25th, and the cake is waiting! We also wrote each other letters the night before our wedding and sealed them in a box with a bottle of wine to be read on our anniversary. So that's what we will be doing minus the wine for me.

• AjoydAjoyd member

Happy anniversary!

Sadly we had to throw our cake away. It was placed in a decor box the night of our wedding and not labeled. When we got back from our honeymoon two weeks later we realized it had been sitting in the car. Yuck. 

Edit: batmandi get over your f*cking self. 

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • imagebtimes3:

imagetaylormarie923:
    imagebtimes3:
    We had an amazing wedding cake dark chocolate cake with cannoli cream filling but a horrible wedding venue.nbsp; They kept taking our food away when we'd barely eaten it.nbsp; DH and I cut the cake, we each fed the other a bite, and by the time the picturetaking was done our cake had been sliced up and served other than the top tier.nbsp; We didn't get to taste any more until our first anniversary, so there was no way we weren't going to at least taste it.nbsp; Fortunately, it was good even after being frozen for a year.

I want that cake now. It sounds delicious!

It was so good!  One of these years I'm going to have to try to duplicate it for our anniversary, maybe with cupcakes.

My favorite memory of our first anniversary, though, is that one of those tiny peeper frogs got into our room.  (The place we were staying was literally right on the beach, with just a row of hedges separating the deck from the sand, and the frogs hung out in there.)  It started jumping around, DH was in the shower, and I didn't have my glasses on so I didn't know what it was and started yelling for him.  He came running out of the shower, caught it between a cup and a plate, flung open the door, and ran out onto the deck to throw it into the hedges.  Naked.  It's really quiet out there (Montauk) and I was running after him with a towel, whisper-screaming, "Wait!  You're naked, you're naked!"

Haha that is hilarious. We went to this hippy dippy cult like place for our first anniversary...long story. The woman who owned the place tried to get me to run around naked!
  • imagechuicafina:
    imageWhenInRome11:

We had a croquembouche, french wedding cake, and we didn't think any would hold up well in the freezer.

I did however, put on my wedding dress on our first anniversary. It still fit! I didn't even try this year though, on account of the bump. 

We also had a croquembouche! I've never met anyone else who had one for their wedding. Are you French?

And to answer the question, no we didn't keep the croquembouche for our 1 year anniversary. However, MIL was h3ll bent on us having an American wedding cake and saving the top tier for the year. So she bought a two tiered cake for the rehearsal and then saved the top tier for us all year (we were living 8 hours away at the time and couldn't bring it down with us). She gave it to us on our anniversary and it was disgusting. She also was determined that we have a cake topper, "so that we could display it in our house." Bought one for us AND a glass dome to display it even though we insisted we wouldn't be displaying it. ::eyeroll:: 

Oh and the cake topper broke. Oops.

Nope I'm not at all French but we got had our reception at a Sofitel and we had a choice between regular cake and croquembouche and we really didn't like their cake. We had 3 types of profiteroles filled with Grand Marnier cream, chocolate, and vanilla. It was amazing! We had a pretty little vintage topper that we just placed on the cake table. 

• Mine wasnt too bad, still a little moist.  But I was totally craving chocolate that day so the cake wasnt doing it for me.
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Ours was stolen at our reception so we didn't get to save it.

We did order a small one and it was still the best cake I have ever had.

White cake with a cheesecake and poached pear filling with a caramel drizzle.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • We got married at the beach in Destin and it was very small just close family so we didn't do an actual wedding cake. There's a bakery there called Donut Hole that we bought a Key Lime Pie and a German Chocolate Cake from and just had that. Finished the key lime pie that night, and since we stayed in Destin for a week for the honeymoon the ate the rest of the German Chocolate Cake that week for breakfast, snack, late night desert etc
    imageimageimage
      imageimage
    image   image

August Siggy Challenge Photobomb
  • imagenorbert5:
    Ours was stolen at our reception so we didn't get to save it.

We did order a small one and it was still the best cake I have ever had.

White cake with a cheesecake and poached pear filling with a caramel drizzle.
    wow what an azzhole
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • RedZeeRedZee member

We put a couple of pieces in the freezer and I made DH eat it with me on our 1 year. I actually thought it was good. He was grossed out by the whole concept.

Happy anniversary!

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • we had ours on our 1 year anniversary.  it was okay but we didn't have anything to compare it to because we didn't get a piece at our actual wedding.  I was sooo disappointed that we didn't get to eat our cake at our own wedding :( 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lol at batmandi, oh, I've been off the bump for far too long! We never got to our wedding cake, during our first Christmas our freezer blew a breaker and we lost everything in it.

Sisters:  Now and then.

imageimage

Elijah's 1st day of Kindergarten!
  • Happy anniversary!

We ate ours on our anniversary and it was amazing, just as good as the day of our wedding.

• Lol, those pictures are great. We forgot ours in my parent's freezer and it's still there 4 years later. I think it's safe to say we'll never eat it and I should have them pitch it. 

ETA: Happy 1 year anniversary!!  

Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • atcwagatcwag member
    Oh my gosh, ours was SOOOOO good!  It was double-wrapped in freezer-safe aluminum foil.  It was so good in fact that we put it in the fridge and ate it for days!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We didn't even bring ours home. I think the hall majorly screwed up with the cake. There was a small cake that was supposed to be for the head table and DH's mom. I think they cut up the whole thing and put it on the buffet table. Oh well, I've heard from most people that it tastes really gross.

I love your pics Sky!

BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We had 2 tiers of our cake left! We ate the 2nd smallest tier about 4 months after our wedding and it was pretty good!
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• kdjuddkdjudd member
    I couldn't eat it. It just grossed me out way too much. haha
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We didn't save ours.  Our baker gave us a free cake on our anniversary so we got to eat yummy fresh cake instead. 

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagebkeane619:
    imagenorbert5:
    Ours was stolen at our reception so we didn't get to save it. We did order a small one and it was still the best cake I have ever had. White cake with a cheesecake and poached pear filling with a caramel drizzle.
    wow what an azzhole

I always tried to think that it was an accident.  But one of our groomsmen finally fessed up to taking it and sharing it with a bunch of our friends.  We don't talk to to him anymore not over the cake incident but something unrelated.

Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • We thawed it, and fully expected nastiness on our first anniversary, but it actually super good! Not as good as our wedding day, but we totally finished it over the next week and enjoyed it!

Our cake was 3 flavors, lemon pound cake with strawberry compote and lemon curd filling, caramel cake with dulce de leche buttercream, and orange pound cake with blood orange and whipped cream filling. The top tier was the lemon/strawberry.
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • My mother actually gave away our wedding cake because we went directly onto our honeymoon for a week :(  

I was and still am really annoyed about it. I didn't necessarily want to save it for our year anniversary but I didn't even get a piece at the wedding!
    imageimage

• We saved ours and I wrapped it like crazy.  It tasted good, although not as good as the actual day of cake.  Friends of ours who celebrated before us had us over for their top tier (my DH was the best man) and theirs tasted like crap.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"