Parenting

s/o moms of 2 of the same

Does the fact that you have two of the same affect your decision to have a third? I've heard more than a few people say recently that they would have a third if their first two were girls so they could try for a boy.  I've also heard someone say that they wouldn't try for a boy incase they had a third girl.

One of the first things my grandmother said to me after I had my second son was that I would have to have another so that I could try for a girl.  I just don't understand that sort of thinking.

Lilypie - (L4SA)
Lilypie - (I4o1)

Re: s/o moms of 2 of the same

• Some people want both genders so the "try for it" things stems from that. This was my last regardless if I would have us another daughter.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • image mbenit4:
    Some people want both genders so the "try for it" things stems from that. This was my last regardless if I would have us another daughter.

This. While we'd love to have one of both sexes, we will be done even if #2 is another girl. My dad's XW was one who "tried" repeatedly for a girl (to the point she tried with different men while married to my father).   She has 5 boys. 

June 2014 April Siggy Challenge - Cute Baby Animals
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Kryptic Mischief in the Making
  • We're done. Mostly because tiny was a rough baby and rough pregnancy, but also because I feel like a hit the jack pot getting two boys. Nothing against girls, I just always wanted 2 of the same sex
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • mtb21mtb21
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    Kind of. We are having our second boy and I would love to have a third and "try for a girl." However I wanted a third regardless of this one's sex. DH is the one who only wants two, but I think he could be convinced to have a third because we don't have a girl yet. But I am still pregnant, so I don't think it's a discussion we need to have for at least another year or year and a half.

Maybe flameable, but I would probably even consider trying shettles for number 3! If we had another boy though I'd be fine with that and absolutely done at 3 either way.

Mom to two December boys, 2011 & 2013
  • We are going to be trying soon for number 3 and already have 2 girls. DH is hoping for a boy with the next one. I have always thought it would be nice to have at least one of each as well but I'm just assuming we will end up with 3 girls. If we get a boy, great. If we get another girl, great.

I just hope I feel done after 3 because DH is adamant that if number 3 is a girl we are absolutely done. Like scheduling a vasectomy done. He says that's way too much estrogen in the house at once when they hit the teen years haha
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • olp920olp920
    100 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    image MrsPteranodon:
    We're done. Mostly because tiny was a rough baby and rough pregnancy, but also because I feel like a hit the jack pot getting two boys. Nothing against girls, I just always wanted 2 of the same sex[/quote

I only have 1 but this is how I feel. If we ever had another I'd hope for a boy again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have two girls.  We were going to be done at two no matter what.  It would have been nice to have a boy, but having two of the same is great too.  They have similar interests, and there's all those hand-me-down clothes.  I grew up with a sister, so I'm excited to have sisters to raise. 

I have had a couple of people act surprised that we would not try for a boy.  I don't really understand this because I think it's a weird reason to have another child.  If you truly want a third that's one thing, but I would hate to tell my poor third daughter that we had her because we wanted a boy. 

Lilypie - (F3i3)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I actually want two girls but one more is it for us regardless of gender. My aunt wanted a girl and ended up with three boys.

• image MrsPteranodon:
    We're done. Mostly because tiny was a rough baby and rough pregnancy, but also because I feel like a hit the jack pot getting two boys. Nothing against girls, I just always wanted 2 of the same sex
    this exactly. Love my boys and DS2 is a crazy man.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• I desperately want a daughter. I am very close to my mom and sisters, and want to have that relationship with an adult daughter. DH and I are done after 3, but I'm not even certain at this point that I want a third. IDK, it's complicated.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple" 8/30/12 ~ EDD 5/15/12 ~ Stick, baby, stick! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image mamaREB29:
    image MrsPteranodon:
    We're done. Mostly because tiny was a rough baby and rough pregnancy, but also because I feel like a hit the jack pot getting two boys. Nothing against girls, I just always wanted 2 of the same sex
    this exactly. Love my boys and DS2 is a crazy man.

I feel like once our second boy was born I just felt complete. I had my boys and that was what I had wanted.
    It gets old people talking about "you should try for a girl"
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Nope.  All of my close friends have had girls so I can live vicariously through them and buy the girly stuff for their birthdays and such.  I have no desire to have a girl just because I don't already have one.  If we do decide to have a third (which is a long shot) it won't be because we are hoping for a certain gender.

image image
  • My husband's coworker tried for a boy after two girls and got twin girls. So he is terrified of that happening now.

• I have a 4.5 year old DD and next year when FI and I get married we will be trying for #2 but rather it's a boy or girl were stopping at 2.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I would love to have a daughter but it doesn't mean I will love a second son any less. I want three kids.. DH wants two. If the next one is a girl I would be more likely to agree to stop than if we have another boy. 

No matter what, we will cut it off at three. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Three kids is our limit so if we have three sons then I will just be the only woman in this house and still be running sh!t.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I love when people believe in conspiracy theories. It immediately tells me I'm smarter than you"- Daniel Tosh.
  • I have three girls. We always wanted a big family and I'm so happy I have healthy happy girls. I get a little tired of people asking me if I want a son. I'm still considering if we're done at 3 or if we should have one more but it has nothing to do with wanting a son. It just means I'm a little crazy! Haha!
  • No. We knew we were done at two regardless of the sex of #2. We have 2 boys and I love having boys. Occasionally I may think it would be nice to have a girl to help pick out her wedding dress and all that stereotypical stuff but then I remember that i never did that stuff with my mom, anyway. :P Plus, I adore boys and love that they are brothers. Oh, and we can't afford another one anyway, hah.
    my food blog

Zachary (4/2/10) and Ian (3/20/13)

• When I was growing up I went to school with some girls whose parents were trying for a boy. They had 5 girls before they finally had their boy. The father passed away. So the mom had to raise all 6 by herself. I can't even imagine.

Were about to have our 2nd girl. I think its awesome. DH fears all the estrogen but says he will always love his girls. Last week I brought up that I was a little sad that this is my last time to be pregnant. He threw it out there that he could wait to get the vasectomy if I wanted to have a 3rd. I was shocked. I told him IF we decided to go for a 3rd he'd have to be cool with it if it was a 3rd girl. He said he understood that.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I really wanted a girl because I wanted two of the same and my stepdaughter is a girl. We can keep all of her things for the baby. Plus I love having girls! I have three brothers. Even if the baby was a boy, I'd be done though.