March 2014 Moms

Facebook group?

Hey ladies! EDD for my little one is 3/11/2013. Congrats to all of you ladies for your positives!! Has anyone created a private Facebook group yet for us March mommies? I know a friend of mine said that her group from a year ago made one and it has been amazing so I was just wondering if we had one yet. :. Thanks ladies!
imageimage

Re: Facebook group?

• We talked about this a few weeks ago and I think the majority of the girls didn't like the idea... Mainly privacy issues. Maybe as we get further along.
    1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
    First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
    Second u/s
    7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
    Third u/s
    9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
    Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
    MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
    Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
    MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
    MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!
  • image Mcsweets:
    We talked about this a few weeks ago and I think the majority of the girls didn't like the idea... Mainly privacy issues. Maybe as we get further along.

Ditto.  Plus I Need tickers/siggy's to keep track of everyone right now.   

TTC #1 June 2010
    1/3/11 S/A - Count 45; Motility 32; Morph 4.3 - 2/10/11 - S/A Count 17mil; Motility 39; Morph 7.9
    1/5/11 Femara Cycle #1 = BFN 
    2/4/11 Femara Cycle #2 = BFP: 3/4/11 - Starting Progesterone supositiories 
    Beta#1 15DPO = 108; Beta#2 17DPO = 179; Beta#3 18DPO = 259; Beta 4# 20DPO =659!! 
    TTC#2 Pulled goalie 5/12, PPAF 3/13, BFP 6/27 Beta 15DPO=248! 
    Dx Severe Hydrocephalus and severe Dandy Walker Cyst.   Stillborn 10/19/13
    TTC#3 - (No preventing, TTC+progesterone starting 12/13)
    4/7/14 CD3 BW - FSH 5.6; AMH 0.469 - 4/11/14 S/A Count 35, Motility 47, Morph 1.5
    4/16/14 - Cycle 6 - Natural IUI - Beta 12DPIUI = 3; Beta 13DPIUI=4.  15DPIUI=6. 17DPIU=4. Chemical Pregnancy  
    TTC #4
    5/5/14 Dx MTHFR homozygous A1298C Benched for a cycle HSG 5/14 shows both tubes open with scarring on the left   
    5/28/14 Starting clomid for IUI#2 6/8/14 IUI #2 1 dominant follicle 31mm     Beta 11DPIUI =4, 15DPIUI = 74, 17DPIUI = 165 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
  • I'm the type that likes my Facebook life and my Bump life to be separate. So even if there was a group, I wouldn't join. When I was on TTCAL, I made a really good friend and on our own we decided to become friends on Facebook. If that happens with this group, cool. If not, meh.
    Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
    Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
    Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
    2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
    3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
    SHE STUCK!
    4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
    *~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
    Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I can understand that. Hopefully later down the line we can start one. :
    imageimage
  • I'm sure there will be one created at some point, but I think its way too early.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I also think it's a bit early. 

• Let the pee sticks dry and the crazies surface.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • image FarmBoysWife:
    Let the pee sticks dry and the crazies surface.

LOL! That's true. The crazies haven't shown up yet. I guess the reason I asked was because I know they will and I also remember how mean some of the ladies on the TTC side were. Guess I was just trying to be preemptive about it. I see what you ladies are saying though. It is a bit early yet. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for when one pops up though. A friend of mine said that her month created one back when she was pregnant with her son and it has become a huge mommy support group for all of them. I think it would be a great thing to have when we progress with our pregnancies.
    imageimage
  • image FarmBoysWife:

Lol! It's only a matter of time, right? :)

Pregnancy Ticker image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We could do one and just make the group private. It might make for an easier communication area.
  • image FarmBoysWife:

Haha the irony of who said this is funny to me. ;)

On subject though, its inevitable that one will be created and I will definitely join, its so much easier to get to know people on FB. Its still a little early though. On my last BMB one wasn't created until 3rd tri which I think was a really good timing. We hadn't gotten to know a lot of each other by then and the switch was made before all the newborn craziness happened. 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • iEricaiErica
    250 Answers 500 Comments Combo Breaker

Yeah, me thinks it's too early.  Unfortunately, a lot of people will be leaving still (miscarriages, etc) and that's just kinda awkward to need to leave a group for those reasons.  Plus, I don't really know anyone here yet. I depend on avatars and siggies to even semi know who someone is. 

• I think this is a great idea for the near future. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've said it before, but you don't need a FB group to get close. My birth group from my first pregnancy 4 years ago is still going strong and super close. No Facebook group was ever made. If one is made, I won't be joining for privacy reasons.
  • iEricaiErica

image babylimas:
    I've said it before, but you don't need a FB group to get close. My birth group from my first pregnancy 4 years ago is still going strong and super close. No Facebook group was ever made. If one is made, I won't be joining for privacy reasons.

This too.  I sometimes think it's easier to get close via a message board, vs FB. Everyone is just a name on FB, especially in the beginning.  I can honestly tell more now here by siggies, avatars, etc.   I've been a part of message boards since the late 90's (helllllo AOL) and I'm still friends with some of them.  NOW we are on FB together, but we got close over 10 years before it existed.

Plus, I tend to think we make close friends here and there on boards on our own..  and some of us tend to just add those people (vs a group).

That said, I'm not opposed to one for the future.   But, I'm the type who prefers to just add the ones I might get close to to my personal page. 

• Ooo, I think its a fantastic idea! I don't usually post anything to Facebook that I wouldn't post here. But I definitely agree we should at least wait for the majority of us hit the second tri. I'd be sad to leave, or see someone leave over a miscarriage.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • I'm on the same page as most gals here, possibly but let's wait till everyone is in 2nd tri. I haven't announced and wound be until we see heartbeat next u/s in 1.5 weeks!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • I would also be interested in a Facebook group around the 2nd trimester private group of course!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm good either way but would prefer to wait for the second tri! I'm very excited for this journey first timer over here with prev miscarriage
  • FYI crazies aren't weeded until the third tri.. I warn you!!

• iEricaiErica

image FarmBoysWife:
    FYI crazies aren't weeded until the third tri.. I warn you!!

I'm crazy. Just letting you all know beforehand.

• image FarmBoysWife:

We found two fakes at about 15 months. :
  • iEricaiErica

image babylimas:
    image FarmBoysWife:
    We found two fakes at about 15 months. :

Who has the energy to keep it up THAT long? That's crazy.  I'm crazy, but not quite that type of crazy. 

• I would rather we start an off-board (later) if we want.  Its more private, which is good for sharing pictures and birth stories, etc, but you can still keep your real identity secr

• image iErica:

image FarmBoysWife:

I'm crazy. Just letting you all know beforehand.

&nbsp;

I'm crazy too but I'm considered normal in my own culture.. But it's because we're a bit nutty up here.. It's all that fresh air.

• My first BMB created a FB group. Then they closed it after a while and a second group was made. There was talk of a mole being in group #1 and there was so much drama due to these groups. It was pretty ridiculous, to be honest. 

I am against any FB groups, but if there has to be one, make it open to all and don't "select" only certain people to be able to join. Don't bring anything from FB to the board, it will end in drama.  

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• I'm all for a group! I thought I heard one was already created but I may be wrong. I'm ok waiting till second tri. I'm part of dec 11 FB group and they are some of my bestfriends now. Luckily I have a few of them on this group too!!! Yay!!!

• image Ricola:
    My first BMB created a FB group. Then they closed it after a while and a second group was made. There was talk of a mole being in group 1 and there was so much drama due to these groups. It was pretty ridiculous, to be honest.nbsp;I am against any FB groups, but if there has to be one, make it open to all and don't "select" only certain people to be able to join. Don't bring anything from FB to the board, it will end in drama. nbsp;

Lol this brings back so many memories

• From past experience I think it wise to wait. I think once our LO's are here. I am apart of a wonderful FB group that sprung from TB and it has been an amazing experience and I made IRL friends from it. I have also seen A LOT fail horribly also. Ditto what Ricola said about if there is one. FB needs to stay separate and don't pick and choose members. Those are the FB groups that fail miserably.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 

BabyName Ticker