May 2013 Moms

Nap help!

My LO doesn't nap. She sleeps a solid 8 to 9 hours wakes to eat and then sleeps another 3, but doesn't nap until bed. None the less the is a grump by the time the evening roll around. I cannot get her to nap, she fusses cause she is tired but I don't get anything more than 20 mins and that is if I rock her in my arms. As soon as she is set down she is awake... She is 2 months and some old, is she old enough to let fuss for a few minutes to see if she will fall asleep on her own? Any other ideas?

Re: Nap help!

• DS has been starting a patter of eating, playing and sleeping. I haven't been timing his naps mostly because my mom has been watching him quite a bit while we get ready to move. They have definitely decreased in number as well as duration.

Have you tried holding her for a but after she falls asleep to allow her to get into a deep sleep and then put her down? I have to do this with DS. Also, I've just been following his cues and the pattern that is emerging is he eats, sleeps, wakes up to play, eats, sleeps etc...

Good luck!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Have you tried swaddling/ white noise/whatever you do at night? Sometimes if LO won't nap but is over tires that seems to work.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ugh this is exactly DS most days. The days he sleeps a little here and there are sooo much better bit he has never slept during the day more than 15 min falling asleep on me here and there. I think its going to be worse when he starts daycare in a week and is distracted by noise. I wish he would allow himself to sleep more soundly!
    image imageimage

• pnutgpnutg
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Our pedi said at this age it's okay to put him in his bed when he's clearly tired and let him fuss a bit. Come back every couple minutes and let him know you're there, he's OK, it's time to sleep, etc. At least until he's really upset.

Edit. I don't have the heart to let my son cry for long. Because of that he will only sleep in my arms during the day. Sigh..

-1st BFP 5/24/12, EDD 1/25/13, MMC 6/19/12 at 8 weeks, D&C 6/29/12
    -2nd BFP 9/15/12, EDD 5/20/13. CLH born 5/22/13!
  • You could try wearing her. C won't sleep for more than 20 mins unless she is in her carrier but she'll sleep for up to 2 hours if I wear her. When she comes out of a deep sleep cycle she is soothed back to sleep by my movement and body heat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• image LizzyG11:
    You could try wearing her. C won't sleep for more than 20 mins unless she is in her carrier but she'll sleep for up to 2 hours if I wear her. When she comes out of a deep sleep cycle she is soothed back to sleep by my movement and body heat.

I will also wear LO to get a nap out of her. Going for a walk in the stroller knocks her out too. 

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker