High-Risk Pregnancy

Contraction question

Hi!

I feel like I'm needy asking similar questions on this board but it helps to talk to people with experience lol

My question is about contractions. I feel like lately I have been having more contractions. They are not painful, just tightening in my upper stomach. Sometimes they are once an hour sometimes more sometimes less. I am on HBR and they have given me breathin which works.

Do you guys have contractions of these frequency for weeks on end? How to you cope? Does your Dr. Intervene each time or do they typiclly stop on their own?

Thank you in advance!!
TTC # 1
Me: Hashimotos Disease, Elavated Prolactin, Uterine Polyps DH: SA good
12/11: HSG polyps found; 1/12: 1st apt with RE; 1/12: SHG: polyps confirmed, 2/12: diagnosed with Hashimotos, prescribed synthroid; Elevated prolactin, MRI clear, prescribed Dostinex; 2/12: hysteroscopy & D&C
3/2012 unmedicated cycle= BFN
4/2012 trigger + iui + endometrin=BFN
5/2012 Ovaries look "PCO-Like". Finally able to trigger on CD28. Trigger + TI + Endometrin = BFN
6/2012 Follistim + Trigger + iui = BFN
7/2012 Follistim + Trigger + iui = BFN
Unmedicated cycles 8/2012 & 9/2012=BFN
10/2012 IVF#1 = BFP 9dp3dt Beta=20, 14dp3dt Beta=9 C/P
IVF#2 Estrogen Priming Protocol beginning 1/14/2013
Beta 7dp5dt 117, Beta 9dp5dt 223, Beta 12dp5dt 583
1st Ultrasound 2/28 showed two yolk sacs! Next ultrasound 3/7

Re: Contraction question

• I have contractions all day and night. Sometimes once an hour and sometimes more. I have found that knowing this is my normal cuts down on the stress which is think keeps the number of contractions down. There is no need to intervene on every single contraction. The order from my doctors is to be seen at L&D if I have more than 6 contractions an hour. If I have one or two here and there, I don't even count anymore. This is normal for me and my pregnancy. I feel things have gotten better since I stopped worrying so much. I have been home from the hospital almost a month now. The contractions come and go. They've only picked up to the point I had to go to the hospital once in a month. *knock on wood* I see my doctor once a week which gives me reassurance that even though I'm contracting, everything is stable. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I think what I have are contractions how do I count them?? Every time my belly tightens then releases is that 1?
  • image staceymack:
    I have contractions all day and night. Sometimes once an hour and sometimes more. I have found that knowing this is my normal cuts down on the stress which is think keeps the number of contractions down. There is no need to intervene on every single contraction. The order from my doctors is to be seen at Lamp;D if I have more than 6 contractions an hour. If I have one or two here and there, I don't even count anymore. This is normal for me and my pregnancy. I feel things have gotten better since I stopped worrying so much. I have been home from the hospital almost a month now. The contractions come and go. They've only picked up to the point I had to go to the hospital once in a month. knock on wood I see my doctor once a week which gives me reassurance that even though I'm contracting, everything is stable.nbsp;

You are one strong woman!! Thank you for your thoughtful response.
    TTC # 1
    12/11: HSG polyps found; 1/12: 1st apt with RE; 1/12: SHG: polyps confirmed, 2/12: diagnosed with Hashimotos, prescribed synthroid; Elevated prolactin, MRI clear, prescribed Dostinex; 2/12: hysteroscopy & D&C
    5/2012 Ovaries look "PCO-Like". Finally able to trigger on CD28. Trigger + TI + Endometrin = BFN
  • image kneenah1231:
    I think what I have are contractions how do I count them?? Every time my belly tightens then releases is that 1?

How long to they last?
    TTC # 1
  • It stays tight for about 5 sec or until I rub it.. It happens at night when I lay flat on my back..lower ab, it happens about 3times in an hr
  • I'm certainly not a Dr. But my Dr. At one point said contractions were 30 to 60 seconds.  I wouldn't not count them though if they become more frequent 
    TTC # 1
  • image staceymack:
    I have contractions all day and night. Sometimes once an hour and sometimes more. I have found that knowing this is my normal cuts down on the stress which is think keeps the number of contractions down. There is no need to intervene on every single contraction. The order from my doctors is to be seen at L&D if I have more than 6 contractions an hour. If I have one or two here and there, I don't even count anymore. This is normal for me and my pregnancy. I feel things have gotten better since I stopped worrying so much. I have been home from the hospital almost a month now. The contractions come and go. They've only picked up to the point I had to go to the hospital once in a month. *knock on wood* I see my doctor once a week which gives me reassurance that even though I'm contracting, everything is stable. 

This ^^^ 

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
    IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
    Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
    Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
    BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

• image HarleyP11:
    I'm certainly not a Dr. But my Dr. At one point said contractions were 30 to 60 seconds.  I wouldn't not count them though if they become more frequent 

thanks Hun :) the contraction monitor never picked it up so you maybe right :) 

• So long as they're irregular, occur less than 5x/hour, and are just tightening that goes away with a changed position my doctors don't get too concerned. This is my 2nd pregnancy and I'm on bed rest and they have yet to intervene with more than an NST or cervical check, even when I've had contractions 3 minutes apart for an hour because its just Braxton Hicks. Most doctors won't intervene with these "practice" contractions unless they start affecting your cervix or baby. Try to not get too worried about them and relax as much as you can...stress can cause BH contractions to come more frequently. This is just your body's way of prepping for the main event. If you do get concerned, by all means talk to your doctor for reassurance or to have them check to make sure things are okay.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • 24 weeks 3 days was my first trip into triage....I was sent home and told it might take a few days for contractions to settle down and they were right.  I was fine for about 3 weeks (meaning maybe 1 or 2 a day) then my next trip at 28 weeks.   After that point they settled down, but only to 2-3 a day with a couple contraction free days here and there.  By 30 weeks I was having 5-6 a day but nothing close together.  My MW told me at 31 weeks that I should call if I was having more than 10 a day and I'm sure the look on face was priceless because that is pretty much my normal now.    When I have more than 4 in a row I start timing and do what I can to stop them, otherwise I go on as normal.   Last trip to triage at 31 weeks was because I had at least 20 in an hour.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards