June 2013 Moms

Update...Vaccinations Suck!

My lil guy got 2 shots today... One being the PCV vaccine. He's in rare form and his leg is so sore.nbsp;: nbsp;

Update... After a long nap on top of me [chest to chest] he woke up a new man! I dont know how but his swelling went down and hes not wincing or crying! Hes moving his leg and had a diaper change no problem. Took his temp and its not high enough for tylenol. Thank God hes feeling better!

Re: Update...Vaccinations Suck!

• We had ours on Wednesday. I felt horrible! E is not much of a crier but he wailed when she gave him the shot.
    Tylenol was my friend. I didn't notice too much leg soreness, but he cried for no reason and just seemed uncomfortable. I gave him a dose of Tylenol and he snuggled up and passed out. He slept most of the afternoon and then unfortunately ended up staying awake from 2 til 5. We made it through though, hang in there!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    EJ born 5/15/13 at 35 weeks 5 Days
    BFP 5/21/14 Missed Miscarriage Discovered 8/13/14 @ 17weeks "Scout"

• Reading comprehension fail. I totally thought your title said vacations suck. Lol.

Poor baby. I told DH that the 2 month appointment is on him, not sure I can do it.

CJ 05/29/2013

• :o(  I'm sorry!  We have ours in a little over a week and DH is scheduled to be working during the appointment.  I told him I didn't think I'd be able to handle it on my own so he's going to take sick leave.  I may end up just sending him in the room with her and I'll wait out in the lobby!

• It's really sad. He was one of the lucky ones that got a sore and swollen shot area. He's so wimpery. He keeps crying when he moves his leg. I started crying because he was hysterical crying when my hubby was trying to change his diaper. He looks so helpless. I feel terrible.

:...( 

ETA... I <3 vacations! Lol 

• Just give him lots of cuddles. Grace was a wreck the night she had hers. I cried during. Especially when I saw her bleeding. Everything was better the day after. Hugs!

Proud Premie Mom - DD born at 35 weeks/2 days

• I too read vacations and when I started reading about shots I had to reread the title.  My little guys get theirs on Tuesday.  I feel bad for them and it hasn't even happened yet. 
    ~TTC since July 2010~
    CD3 Bloodwork:Normal 
    HSG-Clear 
    SA:Low Morph 
    IVF with ICSI #1: ER 12/16 (4 ER/3 Mature/0 Fertilized) 
    IVF with ICSI #2: ER 5/17 (4 ER/4 Mature/3 Fertilized)/ET 5/20 (2 embryos transferred)-BFN 
    IVF with PICSI #3: ER 9/8 (11 ER/8 Mature/7 Fertilized)/ET 9/13 (2 AA blastocysts transferred) 
    Beta#1, 9/26/12: 719 Beta#2, 9/28/12: 1,436 Beta#3, 10/1/12: 3,446
    1st u/s on 10/10/12: It's Twins! We found out on 12/16/12 that we were having two BOYS!
    C & D were born on 5/16/13 at 10:46 am and 10:47 am

imageimage
  • Are vaccinations at the one or two month appointment?

• He had hep b at the one month but this was his two month.
  • I was told to give them a dose of tylenol right before you go to the doctor to get it in their system and help them feel comfortable. My babies were a little more fussy after, but I kept up on the tylenol for most of that day and they were back to themselves the next day.
  • image katiechanning:
    Just give him lots of cuddles. Grace was a wreck the night she had hers. I cried during. Especially when I saw her bleeding. Everything was better the day after. Hugs!

I didnt even know he was bleeding until i saw the bandaid at home. My hubby was with him for the shots. I couldnt look.
    Hes been sleeping on me for a few hours now. Poor guy. He winces when he moves.
  • image kari.sandall:
    I was told to give them a dose of tylenol right before you go to the doctor to get it in their system and help them feel comfortable. My babies were a little more fussy after, but I kept up on the tylenol for most of that day and they were back to themselves the next day.

My pedi said no Tylenol unless she had a low grade fever because it can actually interfere with the vaccines.

Proud Premie Mom - DD born at 35 weeks/2 days

• image katiechanning:
    image kari.sandall:
    I was told to give them a dose of tylenol right before you go to the doctor to get it in their system and help them feel comfortable. My babies were a little more fussy after, but I kept up on the tylenol for most of that day and they were back to themselves the next day.

My pedi said no Tylenol unless she had a low grade fever because it can actually interfere with the vaccines.

Good to know!
  • mgm84mgm84
    100 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its

image katiechanning:
    image kari.sandall:

This is what my ped said too.  I bought the Tylenol so that she wouldn't get a fever and it worked!  However, she was upset after and I couldn't put her in that sleep sack at night.  I also made the mistake and thought she had passed out afterwards and took her to the grocery store.  BIG MISTAKE.  She woke up and realized how much pain she was in right at check-out, and let the whole store know how she felt! 

Lilypie - (eoyh)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards