November 2012 Moms

George Zimmerman

Do you ladies think the jury will find him guilty or not guilty? Thoughts? 

I think he'll be found not guilty. I think there's a lot of reasonable doubt and I don't think the prosecution has proved their case. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: George Zimmerman

• I don't know what the jury will decide, but I'm hoping for a guilty verdict. 

• Based on the trial and the evidence I haven't been convinced George is guilty. Guilty of being stupid, yes, but guilty of murder, no. I just don't feel they've proved intent enough to have a guilty verdict for murder. 
  • image pamelamelanie924:
    Based on the trial and the evidence I haven't been convinced George is guilty. Guilty of being stupid, yes, but guilty of murder, no. I just don't feel they've proved intent enough to have a guilty verdict for murder.nbsp;
    . This is what I agree on. Either he's not guilty or prosecution failed trevon Martin, I'm not sure which but I agree he won't be found guilty

• image rachael_c26:
    I don't know what the jury will decide, but I'm hoping for a guilty verdict. 

ITA. 

image   My chart 

• image uconnhuskie007:
    image pamelamelanie924:
    Based on the trial and the evidence I haven't been convinced George is guilty. Guilty of being stupid, yes, but guilty of murder, no. I just don't feel they've proved intent enough to have a guilty verdict for murder.nbsp;
    . This is what I agree on. Either he's not guilty or prosecution failed trevon Martin, I'm not sure which but I agree he won't be found guilty

Murder is not the only verdict option. They also have the option of manslaughter and aggravated assault.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image Gargita:

image rachael_c26:

ITA. 

I hope the jury at least comes back with Manslaughter. Zimmerman had a lot more options available to him and he took none of them. He should be held responsible for his bad decisions. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yeah I just haven't been convinced he's guilty of any of them based on the evidence given. Like I said, he's guilty of being stupid and if stupid were a crime prisons would be more full than they are now. I just don't know how the jury can say he's guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
  • image persephonerose:
    image Gargita:

image rachael_c26:

ITA. 

I hope the jury at least comes back with Manslaughter. Zimmerman had a lot more options available to him and he took none of them. He should be held responsible for his bad decisions. 

This. Following and shooting an unarmed kid even though the 911 dispatcher told him not to ? DH said not for nothing but if some guy was following me around I'd do something too. To which I replied it's never a good idea because of all the crazies out there !
    Yeah I just haven't been convinced he's guilty of any of them based on the evidence given. Like I said, he's guilty of being stupid and if stupid were a crime prisons would be more full than they are now. I just don't know how the jury can say he's guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

He's not just guilty of being stupid. He's guilty of following someone around in his car as well as on foot. This is assault. He then approached Treyvon after being specifically instructed by police dispatch not to do so. Rightly so, Treyvon was in fear of HIS life. He then got into a physical altercation with Treyvon. Again, for lack of better words, he may not have "thrown the first punch", but he ABSOLUTELY made the first move when he decided to pursue Treyvon. And then, after all of that, he shot and killed Treyvon Martin.

The only thing that's left unknown is which man was recorded crying, "Help" and if, in fact, Treyvon was reaching for Zimmerman's gun and that is why Zimmerman shot him.

Zimmerman is absolutely guilty and I hope he gets charged with, at the bare minimum, Manslaughter. He was way too "high" on his neighborhood watch position and he took it way way WAY too far.

• I really hope he is found guilty to some extent. Otherwise we are setting a precedent that you can start a fight with someone and then shoot them out of self defense.

I also just now got a notice that they reached a verdict.

• Welp.

There y'all go.

He got the Not Guilty verdict y'all felt he earned... or his defense earned, I guess.

• it is officially legal in America to get out of your car at night and chase and murder a teenager just because
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    image image
  • image Lori_n_Lior:
    it is officially legal in America to get out of your car at night and chase and murder a teenager just because

I really can't express the extent to which this verdict disappoints and sickens me.

image   My chart 

• I am surprised, I thought with the added option of manslaughter he would for sure be guilty of something. Yikes
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• image rachael_c26:
    Welp.

There y'all go.

He got the Not Guilty verdict y'all felt he earned... or his defense earned, I guess.
    I don't know who said he deserved a not guilty verdict? Eta never mind on that 1

None the less this is in no way surprising. Like I said, if he was guilty as I think most people's gut says, prosecution failed the victim. They simply didn't, or couldn't, prove Zimmerman was guilty.

• I thought assault was making physical contact.

I was just simply stating that I do not think the prosecution proved the case beyond a reasonable doubt and that based on the evidence shown, I was not convinced he was guilty.  

I thought assault was making physical contact.I was just simply stating that I do not think the prosecution proved the case beyond a reasonable doubt and that based on the evidence shown, I was not convinced he was guilty. nbsp;

Assault solely requires instilling fear.
    Battery adds the physical contact aspect.

• image rachael_c26:
    image pamelamelanie924:
    I thought assault was making physical contact.I was just simply stating that I do not think the prosecution proved the case beyond a reasonable doubt and that based on the evidence shown, I was not convinced he was guilty. nbsp;

Assault solely requires instilling fear.
    Battery adds the physical contact aspect.

ETA. And all I was saying is he got the verdict you felt his defense earned.

... so we're on the same page.

Different opinions, same page.

• image Gargita:
    image Lori_n_Lior:
    it is officially legal in America to get out of your car at night and chase and murder a teenager just because
    I really can't express the extent to which this verdict disappoints and sickens me.

Same. Also, in some reports I've read it has said the jury was 6 women... That can't be right can it? I thought juries were 12 people? 

• image beane4018:

image Gargita:
    image Lori_n_Lior:

Same. Also, in some reports I've read it has said the jury was 6 women... That can't be right can it? I thought juries were 12 people? 

There's a minimum of 6.

12 max.

• image Lori_n_Lior:
    imagenbsp;

Lori that's great. First Casey now this
  • image rachael_c26:
    image rachael_c26:
    image pamelamelanie924:
    Assault solely requires instilling fear. Battery adds the physical contact aspect.
    ETA. And all I was saying is he got the verdict you felt his defense earned. ... so we're on the same page. Different opinions, same page.

Yeah you're right. When I think of someone being charged with assault I think physical. Is simply following someone really assault?

Either way, what's done is done.  

• image Lori_n_Lior:
    imagenbsp;
    they really need to change the law...the fact that you really can kill if you even just fear for your life is terrifying. Glad I don't live in fl

• image uconnhuskie007:
    image Lori_n_Lior:
    imagenbsp;
    they really need to change the law...the fact that you really can kill if you even just fear for your life is terrifying. Glad I don't live in fl

I don't believe the law needs to be changed, if you fear for your life you should absolutely be able to protect yourself.

This case isn't a matter of him fearing for his life, it's whether he ACTUALLY feared for his life, rather then just saying that to cover his butt.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• image Jenner37:

image uconnhuskie007:
    image Lori_n_Lior:
    imagenbsp;

I don't believe the law needs to be changed, if you fear for your life you should absolutely be able to protect yourself.

This case isn't a matter of him fearing for his life, it's whether he ACTUALLY feared for his life, rather then just saying that to cover his butt.

I agree. I have my concealed weapons permit and if I'm ever in fear for my life I feel like I should have the right to protect myself. 

• image uconnhuskie007:
    image Lori_n_Lior:
    imagenbsp;

You're joking, right?

Zimmerman put HIMSELF in the situation he was in where he POSSIBLY feared for his life.

If someone broke into your house with a gun and you got in an altercation with them trying to protect yourself and THEY shot YOU because "they feared for their life", are they not guilty too?

• image Jenner37:

image uconnhuskie007:
    image Lori_n_Lior:
    imagenbsp;

I think the way it stands right now it leaves too much room for an guilty man to walk free. Prosecution may not have done their job to prove his guilt in this case, however it seems to me far to lax. Self defense using lethal force when fearing for your life I can get behind. My understanding of the law in fl right now doesn't even require battery. And no, I'm not joking....