February 2013 Moms

Rolling

I know this has been brought up a lot, but we all know how milestones can be reached suddenly. Is there anyone whose babe still isn't showing any interest in rolling over?

DS would rather work on sitting up than rolling over. It's even gotten to the point where I will scatter toys around him on the floor to entice him to roll and he will just lay on his back and stretch his arms to grab the toy of his choosing.

View Full Size Image  image  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Re: Rolling

• DD just rolled for the first time last week. She has a greater interest in walking, standing, crawling etc. But rolling, could care less. So I kinda give up on the rolling for now and know that when the time comes for her to "need" to do it she will. In the meantime I am still doing tummy time for 15 mins, 2xs a day and encouraging the other activities she is showing interest in.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Us. DS can roll tummy to back but doesn't do it often. And has never rolled back to tummy. He, too, doesn't seem very interested in it.
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image happylady5:
    Us. DS can roll tummy to back but doesn't do it often. And has never rolled back to tummy. He, too, doesn't seem very interested in it.

This. As I've said in other rolling posts. DD1 didn't roll on purpose until she was 9 months old. And she was walking at 11 months. I'm not concerned.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• My DD can sit unassisted, but has yet to roll from back to tummy. She started rolling tummy to back at 3 months, but only does it ever once in a while.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • No rolling here either. DD has just recently started rolling to her sides to reach for things...it seems like she's trying to grab on to something to pull herself all the way over. She hasn't shown any interest in rolling tummy to back though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Honestly, DS just started rolling this week and he is almost 23 weeks. It just suddenly happened and he has been practicing ever since. I am now a believer of "it just suddenly happens". When babe is ready, it will happen :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers