June 2013 Moms

SwaddleMe

If you don't use these, I highly suggest them!! lol

No real point to this message except to be an FYI! A couple weeks ago, I tried swaddling Maddi and she hated it. I used a blanket and she kicked and hit until her arms came out and she was not happy. Well because I go back to work in a week, I want to get her to start sleeping in her crib. I knew I'd need to try the swaddle again. So last night I put her in a SwaddleMe. We are going on 7 hours since her last feeding and she's just starting to stir.

She's still in her RnP for now. But I hope this helps her when we transition to the crib! Anyways.... Just FYI! Have a good day!

Maddi in her swaddle! lol

ETA:: For those that swaddle, do you also swaddle during the day for nap time? Or just at night for the long stretches??

image image

Re: SwaddleMe

• Ok 1, that is a super cute swaddle. Love the polka dots. And, 2.. I'm jealous. This lo HATES being swaddled. My DD1 hated it too. She would scream and cry until she got her arms free, then she would be fine. This lil guy is like that. However, DD2 would scream and cry until you swaddled her. She wasn't happy unless she was a little baby burrito. Lol. But, I never found cute SwaddleMe's like that! So, we're back to being jealous. ha.

• VASCVASC
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    Thanks for the tip!  LO didn't care for hers the first night and we switched to an A+A blanket, but maybe in a few weeks time she'll change her mind!
  • image VASC:
    Thanks for the tip! nbsp;LO didn't care for hers the first night and we switched to an AA blanket, but maybe in a few weeks time she'll change her mind!

My LO is the same way and I'm kind of bummed since I bought so many of the swaddles.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Totally adorable! This is the only way DS will sleep too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Untitled
  • image tiffletons518:
    Ok 1, that is a super cute swaddle. Love the polka dots. And, 2.. I'm jealous. This lo HATES being swaddled. My DD1 hated it too. She would scream and cry until she got her arms free, then she would be fine. This lil guy is like that. However, DD2 would scream and cry until you swaddled her. She wasn't happy unless she was a little baby burrito. Lol. But, I never found cute SwaddleMe's like that! So, we're back to being jealous. ha.

lol thanks! My mom gave it to us, so I have no idea where it came from. I'm guessing possibly Buy Buy Baby!

image image
  • My LO is so unpredictable. Most nights he fights the swaddle, other nights gives in and sleeps. Ugh.i do agree here way better than using a blanket though

CJ 05/29/2013

• I like our swaddle me. I really suck at swaddling with a blanket so that's the only way I can get a good tight swaddle. Word of caution though, they get a little weird in the washer after a couple times. I feel like ours is a bit warped.

• We use the halo brand and they are great. Grace likes her arms free but loves the rest of her body swaddled. I just started to use them only at night in hopes of helping her learn the difference between day and nights. She sleeps 67 hours straight each night.

Proud Premie Mom - DD born at 35 weeks/2 days

• We love these too. She won't let is swaddle her arms but she does like her body being swaddled.
    Amelia Catherine was born on May 30, 2013 (EDD 6.08.13)

• Let me also add that if a LO doesn't like swaddling at first, do try again a week or two later because sometimes they are more likely to tolerate it. That's what happened with this little buddy and I'm so glad we gave it another shot because he sleeps much better with it!
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• I'm the worlds worst swaddler so the SwaddleMe has saved me. She hated it at first but we kept trying, but she does love her arms out. I don't swaddle for naps, I usually let her do those on her own. I like the night to be a little more routine though.
    BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I'm also a big fan of the SwaddleMe pods and swaddles. Right now we're still using the pods but I have a bunch of the other swaddle stages lined up and ready to go.

RE: Arms... Jonathan fights when we try to put his arms in but if they're not in he feels insecure and doesn't get into a deep sleep. When his arms are out he keeps jumping out of his sleep and reaching for something to hold onto in the empty air. 

I put him in his pod for afternoon naps. It's the only way that he will sleep for more than 10 minutes!

• image elmoali:
    Let me also add that if a LO doesn't like swaddling at first, do try again a week or two later because sometimes they are more likely to tolerate it. That's what happened with this little buddy and I'm so glad we gave it another shot because he sleeps much better with it!

Yes I'm so glad I gave it another try! She wasn't sleeping very soundly cause she would always startle herself awake. She ate at midnight last night, slept til 715, ate and went back to sleep. It's 1115 right now and she's still asleep. I even undid her arms trying to arouse her, but she didn't budge!! Lol. I will be heading to BRU this weekend to get a couple more!!

image image
  • Babies will almost always fight a swaddle, but it really does help them sleep longer. It keeps the startle reflex from waking them up and keeps them feeling warm and cozy like they felt in the womb.

Swaddlemes are great. We've also used the Woombie and Miracle Blanket. Miracle Blankets are my favorite.
    kids

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • I use those all the time too! I really like the one that you have-it is so cute!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards