So we are definitely moving next June. We met with a realtor yesterday to find out what we need to do to sell the house. I was happy to find out I don't have to do anything to the house. The house is in great condition. Now on to my WWYD.
Option 1- Put the house on the market now. The market is doing very well here right now. We can't afford to bring anything to the table and he thinks can sell the house now and maybe get us something back. Not much, but something. This means we need to find a rental until June and move twice. And in case this sways you we are only moving for 1 year and then moving again. So, this would be 3 moves in 2 years. Also, most of my friends moved out of the area this year. My only friends left are my neighbors. They are a great support for me, when my DH is working long hours. In the coming months he will be gone a lot. It's very comforting knowing someone is right next door if I need anything. Moving away from them early would be very sad for me.
Option 2- Wait until the spring when we were originally going to put it on the market. With interests rates going up the market could stall, but no one really knows. It could also continue the upwards trend. If we don't sell the house we will have to find renters.