February 2013 Moms

The size of your baby

Mine is really fat... 

While at the doctor today (see my other post for that drama) they measured her and gave me her stats...

She is 83rd percentile for weight, and 11th percentile for height.... And we haven't even started solids yet!

She weights 17.8 lbs and is about 24.5 inches long. I laugh, because I've lost about 35lbs since having her and I can see exactly where all of them went! Straight onto her thighs. 

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'"
~Mary Anne Radmacher

image image
Eleanor Faye- 24 January 2013
Nathan Malcolm- 07 April 2011

Re: The size of your baby

• SagenSagen
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Aww she is so cute, love the thighs!! My baby did what all my babies do get super chunked up by the second month, then start to lean out. He was in the 75th but is dropping now. He was 15lb 9 oz 25 in at his 4 mo WWC, around 50th for both.
    August Sig. man crush
    Mom to 4 cute kids! 10 yo girl 8 yo boy 6 yo boy and a 1.5 yo boy!
  • Awe, but she's a cutie!!!  Mine is 85th %tile for both height and weight, but his head circumference is only in the 25th!  Big guy with a little head!  The pedi said it was better than a little guy with a big head cosmetically!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My Eleanor is almost 15 pounds (53%) and 24.5 inches tall (76%).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Eleanor Louise is going to be a big sister!
     BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • jbatchjbatch
    250 Answers 500 Comments 250 Love Its Fourth Anniversary
    At my LO's 4 month appointment last week she was 13 lbs 5.5 ounces and 24 inches long
  • My DS started in the 5th percentile for everything, so he seems huge to me.  At his 4 month, he was 14 lb 11 oz (45th) and around 23 in, which is only 7th percent for height.  He has big ole chunky thighs.  My dd has always been super petite so that also makes him look super chunky to me. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c Harrison 2/6/12 @ 14weeks
  • Mine had a head in the 25th percentile, was in the 50th for height and the 95th for weight at her last appointment!  She was only born 6lbs 2 ounces so she sure is growing.  And by the way every time we go out someone comments on her thighs.  I get a little concerned sometimes (my husband has a weight problem) but my pedi assured me its fine and she'll thin out when she starts walking.
  • DS is at 13.75 lbs and 25 inches long. I thought he'd be a bit bigger, but pedi wasn't worried saying they lean out a lot when they start moving more because they're burning more calories.

Your DD is presh!! ::mobile smiley::
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is consistently small....  third percentile.  on monday he still hadn't reached 13 lbs (12lbs, 14oz).  he'll be 5 months in a week.

my brother and sister both have babies now too - my sisters looks like yours (OP) and was 86th percentile and my bro's is a couple weeks younger and just measured 95th percentile across the board at his 4 month visit. 

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • At his 4 month visit (3 weeks ago) DS was 25 3/4" and 17 lbs even. 
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are 99 in head and height, but 62 in weight. At his four month he was 16 pounds and 7oz.

• Rhys is the same age as your wee one.  He's 30" and 20 lbs
    Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
    Jack 04/29/10 dairy peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism
    Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
    Lilypie - (cF7R) Lilypie - (Phka)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

• What are you feeding these babies to get them to weigh so much? I can't seem to put weight on my LO for anything, he's EBF.  But I have tried formula( he won't take it at all) and might look into starting him on cereal next week depending on what the pedi says. He's only 12lbs, 23 1/2".
  • We are at 50% weight for both DSs. Pedi says that they are both healthy and right on track, so I don't worry about it. I think your little chunker is adorable ;) I have family members that were huge babies but are skinny minnies now--- it often evens out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Kadydidnt:
    What are you feeding these babies to get them to weigh so much? I can't seem to put weight on my LO for anything, he's EBF.  But I have tried formula( he won't take it at all) and might look into starting him on cereal next week depending on what the pedi says. He's only 12lbs, 23 1/2".

Mine is EBF too. I'm not sure what it is, because my son was not a chunk at all. and he was EBF too. Who knows what is different.... 

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'"
    ~Mary Anne Radmacher

image image

• My chunkster is 18.5 lbs and 29 in at 5 1/2 months. I love roly poly babies!
  • image Kadydidnt:
    What are you feeding these babies to get them to weigh so much? I can't seem to put weight on my LO for anything, he's EBF.  But I have tried formula( he won't take it at all) and might look into starting him on cereal next week depending on what the pedi says. He's only 12lbs, 23 1/2".

Some babies are just little- there's nothing wrong with that!

My DD was a little over 11lb at 4months and a real shorty at 21.5 inches (I think). 

My first DD was 16lbs at a year. She's perfectly healthy and awesome. Growth charts aren't achievement tests. :-)

And proof that little babies can still be cute (and chubby!) FWIW she's 0%for length, 25% weight and 30% head and she's adorable. :-P

• SagenSagen
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    She is adorable Incogneato! 
    August Sig. man crush
    Mom to 4 cute kids! 10 yo girl 8 yo boy 6 yo boy and a 1.5 yo boy!
  • Thanks for posting this.

DD is 4 months today and 16.8lb, 25inches tall. She is around the 85th percentile for height and weight. I'm so proud of how healthy she is but she wants me to stand her up all the time and I am thinking of getting her a walker b/c I am out of shape! and I just can't hold her up all o fthe time.

• I'm late to this post, but she is ADORABLE!  I just want to squeeze her! :)
  • A friend of mine had a baby around the same time I had Ellie. 

He is a month older, 3 inches longer, and 0.3lbs lighter.

My poor chunky monkey.... 

~Mary Anne Radmacher

image image